Disney Cruise shuns NY again

Does anyone remember the dates that were posted for the Treasure to be in NYC for her Christening? I know it read it somewhere online but can't remember if it was this site or another.

MJ

Does anyone remember the dates that were posted for the Treasure to be in NYC for her Christening? I know it read it somewhere online but can't remember if it was this site or another.

MJ
I'm not finding anything anywhere with a google search for Disney Treasure christening. I can say that she is not listed on the NYC port schedule for November or December.

The Wish was christened in Florida...

I'm not finding anything anywhere with a google search for Disney Treasure christening. I can say that she is not listed on the NYC port schedule for November or December.

The Wish was christened in Florida...
I remember the Fantasy here in NY for her Christening. My friends and I watched her sail up the Hudson River and then hung around the port all day and watched all the celebs arrive for the Christening.

Disney Fantasy NYC - 03-01-12 110.JPG

This above pic is of Nick Cannon and Minnie on a hatch at the side of the ship with the bottle of champagne. Apparently Mariah Carey (the Godmother of the Fantasy) didn't want to mess up her hair and stayed indoors so her husband went out there instead.

DSC08062.JPGDSC08116.JPGDSC08056.JPGDSC08066.JPG

I remember the Fantasy here in NY for her Christening. My friends and I watched her sail up the Hudson River and then hung around the port all day and watched all the celebs arrive for the Christening.

View attachment 869548

This above pic is of Nick Cannon and Minnie on a hatch at the side of the ship with the bottle of champagne. Apparently Mariah Carey (the Godmother of the Fantasy) didn't want to mess up her hair and stayed indoors so her husband went out there instead.

View attachment 869543View attachment 869544View attachment 869546View attachment 869547

Yes, I know. I worked at the Disney Store and had the chance to be on a small boat to welcome her in. I sadly didn't take it because it was less than a day's notice and I was afraid my principal (who we referred to as Umbridge because she was so strict and rotten) would see us on the news.

I was just saying that when I searched for Treasure Christening I couldn't find anything about dates or anything else. So I looked at the port schedule for NYC and there are no Disney ships listed. So I'm wondering if the Treasure will just go to Florida for hers as well like her big sister the Wish.

View attachment 869548

View attachment 869543View attachment 869544View attachment 869546View attachment 869547
Apparently that is breaking tradition since someone else "officially" broke the bottle of champagne. Anytime there's maintenance issues with the Fantasy, someone always brings this up as an explanation since the cruising/sailing world is so superstitious.

Possibly due to the WBTA being a lot later than it used to be.
2024 and 2025 leave Southampton on Oct 20th and arrive in Florida on November 2nd. That's pretty late in the year and some 4-5 weeks later than previous.

Another NYC/Manhattan resident so disappointed that we do not get DCL back for another year. 😢 While we are happy to cruise out of other ports, and have mostly done that as Platinum cruisers, the 3 cruises we have had from NYC have been amazing & convenient. We just Uber to the port! Our first time cruising with DCL, and our first cruise ever, was in Oct 2017 out of NYC to the Bahamas and back to NYC, with a day excursion and park-hopper ticket to WDW! Halloween on the High Seas, 7-nights. That was the best itinerary. I really hope our days of cruising from home/NYC are not over. 😢

Possibly due to the WBTA being a lot later than it used to be.
2024 and 2025 leave Southampton on Oct 20th and arrive in Florida on November 2nd. That's pretty late in the year and some 4-5 weeks later than previous.
That is because of dry docks at the end of the Europe season.

If they timed one or two NYC cruises with Jersey week and NYC Fall breaks each year they would sell out, easily. I don't live in NYC anymore but I had a NYC Bermuda cruise booked for October 2020 and we all know what happened there. Still bummed we never got to take it, especially because we lucked into a free upgrade to concierge during the Magic's drydock that year. I would have loved to sail the NYC-San Juan route too. Oh well.

I could also be logistical reasons. Disney has really committed itself to Galveston and Fort Lauderdale, in addition to Port Canaveral which obviously will never go away.
this is what i thought too, i noticed they no longer sail out of NOLA anymore which is another shame. Took the first cruise into NOLA in 2020 and it was a blast!

I don’t like the New York terminal traffic or atmosphere crusinf out of it. I did like that I could get my car that was parked three blocks up and drive home.

Yes, I know. I worked at the Disney Store and had the chance to be on a small boat to welcome her in. I sadly didn't take it because it was less than a day's notice and I was afraid my principal (who we referred to as Umbridge because she was so strict and rotten) would see us on the news.

I was just saying that when I searched for Treasure Christening I couldn't find anything about dates or anything else. So I looked at the port schedule for NYC and there are no Disney ships listed. So I'm wondering if the Treasure will just go to Florida for hers as well like her big sister the Wish.

I remember someone posting that they actually did see it on the NYC Port schedule but it was over the summer. I had checked and didn't see anything so either it was there at one time and removed or the person was mistaken. Who knows. It will be interesting to see where she is Christened.

I worked TDS at the Palisades Center Mall for 23 years!

I don't know that it was a christening, but the Treasure did appear on the Manhattan Cruise Terminal schedule earlier this year. I had presumed it was just for media tours.

https://disneycruisefamilytravelblog.com/2024/03/05/disney-treasure-to-visit-new-york-in-november/

It's no longer listed on the MCT schedule, for what it's worth now.

https://cruise.nyc/MCT-schedule

Thx...at least I wasn't dreaming that I saw something about it on the NYC port schedule!!

MJ

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter