Disney bus leaving property

Status
Not open for further replies.

ont/ohana

Proud SSR owner
We are currently at a Disney resort and our DD21, DD21 and DD17 who were staying at Epcot to watch fireworks after we left. The bus left property and apparently the driver got lost and realized it when people started questioning why they were by a Walmart. We called to question them and the manager of transportation said guests wander off property all the time, really, their driver took an entire bus load of people off property. The bus driver would not answer the riders wondering where they were going and why they were driving down dark roads.
Not looking for anything, just an apology and we get the answer that the whole bus load of people is wrong, the resort front desk was courteous but transportation was rude.

Sorry to hear it. You can write guest assistance if you'd like someone else at Disney to hear your story.

Go to the front desk and talk to the manager to get someone proper to talk to about this.

We called to question them and the manager of transportation said guests wander off property all the time, really, their driver took an entire bus load of people off property.

Did that person think they were in a private vehicle?

What did they say when you stated again that this was on a Disney bus?

We are currently at a Disney resort and our DD21, DD21 and DD17 who were staying at Epcot to watch fireworks after we left. The bus left property and apparently the driver got lost and realized it when people started questioning why they were by a Walmart. We called to question them and the manager of transportation said guests wander off property all the time, really, their driver took an entire bus load of people off property. The bus driver would not answer the riders wondering where they were going and why they were driving down dark roads.
Not looking for anything, just an apology and we get the answer that the whole bus load of people is wrong, the resort front desk was courteous but transportation was rude.
It happens. I think just about every Disney bus driver has wandered off property at least once during their first couple of years driving. Usually the driver was distracted by a guest asking a question, or maybe some commotion on the bus.

Driver training includes common ways to stray off property, and approved routes to get back on property. Trainers recommend that the driver try to reassure Guests that everything is under control and make light of their error, but some drivers are too embarrassed and just clam up.

Go to the front desk and talk to the manager to get someone proper to talk to about this.

Did that person think they were in a private vehicle?

What did they say when you stated again that this was on a Disney bus?

Transportation denied it even though the bus has GPS.
The front desk was great, We’ve had small issues before but this one scared our daughters, there was no reassurance from the driver, mistakes happen. If the driver would have said he missed the turn but would get everyone back to the resort with s small detour, perfect. Transportation should have said sorry and chock it up to training.

Sounds like a CM just living the dream.. "Adventure is Out There!" Mistakes happen, life is short, move on and keep smiling.

Up_Adventure-is-out-there.jpg

Wow, how weird! And I can totally see how your kids were freaked out. A little reassurance from the driver would have gone a long way!
Just a light-hearted "Oops, missed a turn there, sorry! We'll be back on course shortly!"

Happened to us once. Bus driver was kwel about it. Announced over the pa system. "I've got good new and bad news; Bad is I missed a turn and we are now outside WDW. Good is I called GEICO and saved a bundle". We were back inside WDW in a minute. Happened out by Fort Wilderness.

Last edited:
Was there a danger I'm missing? I get it was an inconvenience for sure but why should it have been scary it frightening? Unless his driving was bad

I'd chalk it up to an adventure and move on. Unless I'm missing something

Disney is a place where kids will ride transportation without their parents. So yeah, I'd imagine that could be a rather frightening incident. Especially if parents are waiting for their kids and a bus arrives and their kids aren't on it.

I am sorry that this happened and someone from Disney should address it. "I am sorry" would be enough. I hope they answer you. My kids would be concerned as well if they went off property.

Disney is a place where kids will ride transportation without their parents. So yeah, I'd imagine that could be a rather frightening incident. Especially if parents are waiting for their kids and a bus arrives and their kids aren't on it.
There are about a million reasons a bus could be delayed, kids who are old enough to ride alone should be able to deal with that. It's not like the bus driver pulled over at Walmart and made everyone get off the bus?

Regardless of ages...
If my kid was on a bus and some driver hears from passengers that they are lost... and driver ignores them or acts odd...
call 911

We are in strange times
and I could care less who thinks that being “lost” With a non communicative driver in not normal ... and being at their mercy ?..strange, disconcerting and scary.

Glad all worked out and everyone is fine..but Communication here woulda resolved it instead of causing Un-necessary Anxiety. Ridiculous.

There are about a million reasons a bus could be delayed, kids who are old enough to ride alone should be able to deal with that. It's not like the bus driver pulled over at Walmart and made everyone get off the bus?

Well, we've only got the OP's story from their kids, so it's not even first hand. Who knows, maybe they never went off track to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter