Disney bus leaving property

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Strange times”. Since I think I’m the one who originally stated this...
I for one didn’t grow up with kids in trench coats walking thru the hallways covering up their weapons.
nor kids who brought pipe bombs or guns/rifles and massacered kids.
Nor did I grow up ..when people rented trucks and intentionally mowed down people.
Nor walk into shopping stores, theaters, dance clubs, concerts and did the same.

I dont recall even knowing about the systemic violence of “these strange times”
So yes... see something, say something
It just takes one person to speak up when something is “off”, to perhaps change the
End result. At worse.. it turns out to be nothing. At best, a better result!
Fantasy world doesn’t exist ( and never did) ..unless ur in MK
Regardless.. it wasn’t about being detoured or lost... it’s about No Communication and that is Not Normal Nor should it be accepted.
To each his/her own.
peace out!

or flying planes into towers or crashing planes into the Pentagon. Over and over I see people submit to ludicrous security if 'it saves one person' but then suggest it is okay for people to be taken off Disney property with no explanation. See something - Say something = right on! Violating the civil rights of everyone just in case = not so much. Asking a Disney bus driver why they are driving past Wal-Mart = definitely okay and an answer is expected. Still stunned that people grilled the OP because the children were in their 20s. As if bad things can't happen to people in their 20s or that the parents would be okay if something happened because they weren't little kids.

It is entirely possible that the driver was unable to make the turn he wanted to make, keeping him on the main roadway. If it was the Walmart I'm thinking of, it wasn't all that far afield. While I understand the 'times we live in' mentality, I just can't wrap my head around thinking something nefarious was going on.
When we were at WL a few weeks ago, we took a bus to Epcot. We made a stop at FtW first...at the speed the driver was doing, it took close to 15 mins to get there! Then, we took the most convoluted route to Epcot! I'm fairly familiar with the area now that I rent a car more often. This was a route I would never have imagined. I'm pretty sure the driver just got turned around and looked for the most familiar roadway he could find. Comments were being made on the bus, he didn't acknowledge them, not sure if he even noticed them. My friend thought that perhaps the driver had a medical condition...not entirely sure that was the case. But, if you ever feel that there is an issue with a driver, be sure to report it once you get to your destination. Take note of the bus number, the time and the driver's name if at all possible. If Disney doesn't realize there is an issue, they can't address it.

Still stunned that people grilled the OP because the children were in their 20s. As if bad things can't happen to people in their 20s or that the parents would be okay if something happened because they weren't little kids.
Comment about the age had nothing to do with either of those.
Comment was related to the reference to when OP mentioned it scared daughters.
I am going to be honest, I can't imagine a 21 yo being scared by a bus going off property. Sorry, but that's the honest truth. That is odd to me. Not any 21 yo I have known in my life.
As to the bold, you really believe that? That there is one person that thinks it is ok if something happened to someone's child because they aren't little any more? Seriously?

Last edited:
I w
We are currently at a Disney resort and our DD21, DD21 and DD17 who were staying at Epcot to watch fireworks after we left. The bus left property and apparently the driver got lost and realized it when people started questioning why they were by a Walmart. We called to question them and the manager of transportation said guests wander off property all the time, really, their driver took an entire bus load of people off property. The bus driver would not answer the riders wondering where they were going and why they were driving down dark roads.
Not looking for anything, just an apology and we get the answer that the whole bus load of people is wrong, the resort front desk was courteous but transportation was rude.
I would've LOVED it! Free trip to walmart; load up on cheap stuff, then Disney would be responsible to get us back to our resort, why complain? : )

Comment was related to the referenced to when OP mentioned it scared daughters.
I am going to be honest, I can't imagine a 21 yo being scared by a bus going off property. Sorry, but that's the honest truth. That is odd to me. Not any 21 yo I have known in my life.
As to the bold, you really believe that? That there is one person that thinks it is ok if something happened to someone's child because they aren't little any more? Seriously?

I'm thinking if the 21 year old would be that scared by the bus going astray then they shouldn't be on that bus without an older adult. Accidents do happen, buses break down or run into things.

Comment was related to the reference to when OP mentioned it scared daughters.

Minimizing the OP's concern amd pointing out the age as a problem that is what drove the comment. I felt the OP was attacked for her concerns.

Was there a danger I'm missing? I get it was an inconvenience for sure but why should it have been scary or frightening? Unless his driving was bad

I'd chalk it up to an adventure and move on. Unless I'm missing something

Sadly in this violent world we live in and not knowing who the driver is, I could understand the concern here. I think if the driver would of announced he took a wrong turn to reassure everyone, then I don't think it would of been as much of a big deal.

We have had driver's go off property before... from Pop Century we ended up over by Caribe Royale, then wound through the DS hotels. It was a long trip, but definitely not scary...

The OP NEVER said the ride was scary. She said her daughters got scared because they were off property, passing a Walmart and the driver never reassured them of what was going on. My daughter would of been frightened as well. The driver should of said something, he was wrong.

Transportation denied it even though the bus has GPS.
The front desk was great, We’ve had small issues before but this one scared our daughters, there was no reassurance from the driver, mistakes happen. If the driver would have said he missed the turn but would get everyone back to the resort with s small detour, perfect. Transportation should have said sorry and chock it up to training.
I agreee a apology goes a long way

Gosh, some people here acting like anything outside of Disney property is a crime-infested slum.

In terms of a map someone posted earlier, the off-property Walmart could be the one literally within a stone's throw of "property."

Long story short: Stuff happens, there probably should have been an apology, but this is way blown out of proportion.

Sadly in this violent world we live in and not knowing who the driver is, I could understand the concern here.

But this is a risk you take when you get into a vehicle operated by ANYONE who is not yourself. Yes, even friends and family.

But this is a risk you take when you get into a vehicle operated by ANYONE who is not yourself. Yes, even friends and family.

I agree BUT the driver could of just made an announcement to say he made a wrong turn, problem solved.

I agree BUT the driver could of just made an announcement to say he made a wrong turn, problem solved.

He could have, sure. Is he required to? No. There's so much of the story missing that it's impossible for anyone to really say how wrong he was. How long did the detour take? Did they immediately get back on the right road after passing the Walmart? Just saying "they ended up by a Walmart" doesn't help any of the timeline.

Regardless, I understand the leap people can make between "we're not on the right route" and "something nefarious is about to happen." It's not where I would immediately go, but I get it. Still, I think some people take the "Disney bubble" too seriously as it relates to the big bad scary world outside. They might have literally been one road away.

I’ve never read that Disney busses strictly cannot or will not ever leave “property”. It’s not like a 3rd world country outside the gates, and there are lots of reasons to detour around things. I would not expect an apology, especially if he is taking a short cut around an accident. I’d much rather he focus on driving and get me to my hotel expeditiously and in one piece. :confused3

The OP NEVER said the ride was scary. She said her daughters got scared because they were off property, passing a Walmart and the driver never reassured them of what was going on. My daughter would of been frightened as well. The driver should of said something, he was wrong.

Being scared = something is scary.

Outside the gates does not equal needing to be scared. If my 21 year old(s) freaked at a wrong turn, then I would think I would need to be speaking to them, not the driver.

Being scared = something is scary.

Outside the gates does not equal needing to be scared. If my 21 year old(s) freaked at a wrong turn, then I would think I would need to be speaking to them, not the driver.

OK, now the OP's 21 year olds were "freaked"??? You have to love the Dis and how people make up their own scenarios and can't understand how someone might be different then they are, without being ridiculed and insulted and made to feel like "there is something wrong with them". Can't say I am surprised, people these days have the opinion that their feelings/opinions are the right ones and no one else can feel/believe anything different. It's so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter