DIS Veteran
It is Oscar night. Disney is up for six OscarsL:

• Animated Feature Film – “Frozen”
  • Music – Original Song – “Let It Go” from “Frozen”
  • Short Film – Animated – “Get a Horse!”
  • Music – Original Score – “Saving Mr. Banks”
  • Makeup and Hairstyling – “The Lone Ranger”
  • Visual Effects – “The Lone Ranger”
Lets talk about them here as the night goes on. Although I cannot guarantee I'll be awake for the whole thing given Oscar's proclivities for length.

The biggest are probably most important are, Animated feature, Music - original song, both Frozen. Music Original score and Short film are also important going to Saving Mr. Banks and Get a Horse, respectively. And the last two: I think it will be embarrassingly humorous if The Lone Ranger wins an Oscar or two. Maybe they could do a re-release.

And while we are awaiting the Oscars it is fitting that Frozen will cross ONE BILLION dollars worldwide this weekend. It is noted in another running post about Frozen entitled, "What is happening with Frozen".

Domestic: $388,736,000 38.9
Foreign: $611,500,000 61.1%
TOTAL: $1,000,236,000

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=frozen2013.htm

It has begun. I don't know when the various Oscars will be awarded, nor do I know when Idina will perform Let it Go.

Ellen is just plain funny.

Disney's The Lone Ranger doesn't win for makeup and hairstyling. Surprise, surprise. 1 down 5 to go.

Rats. Disney does not win for Short Film – Animated – “Get a Horse!”

Mr Hublot wins.

I really thought they had this one but I never say Mr Hublot.

Gravity wins over The Lone Ranger for best Visual Effects. Appropriately so, as Gravity was visually stunning.

So far:
WIN! Animated Feature Film – “Frozen”
Loss: Short Film – Animated – “Get a Horse!”
Loss: Makeup and Hairstyling – “The Lone Ranger”
Loss: Visual Effects – “The Lone Ranger”

Still to come:
Music – Original Song – “Let It Go” from “Frozen”
Music – Original Score – “Saving Mr. Banks”

Thanks for watching and posting the Disney wins! It saves me from having to search all over the internet. :hippie:

Maybe now that Frozen has won the Oscar, Elsa will stop with all the snow storms she's been making across the US. :laughing:

sailorstitch

Great pic!

This is one of the most entertaining Oscar shows since Billy Krystal in his heyday. Very funny.

Waiting now for Idina and the song and score Oscars...

That wraps it up for Disney at this years Oscars!

They were nominated for the 6 listed above and won two for Frozen:

Animated Feature Film – “Frozen”
Music – Original Song – “Let It Go” from “Frozen”

Idina did a great job singing Let it Go and the Lopez's had the best acceptance speech of the night.

i think idina was a wreck, i had such high hopes! but her performance was forgettable :(

What in the heck did Travolta call Idina?!? :happytv: I noticed that Ellen made a point of saying her name (correctly) TWICE after she sang.

Love Bobby and Kristen, they are awesome. And they said "please make Frozen II," so we know they're onboard for a sequel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter