Dining Plan/AP question

Randman

How dare you open a Space Ranger's helmet on an un
I have an annual pass which is expiring on Oct 2. We were thinking of a quick trip the last week in September. We would like to take advantage of free dining. However, I understand that we need to purchase a park ticket for each of us, which is no problem because we are going to take the kids back in 2007. I have a few questions:

Are your dining credits and park passes on your room keys? Because we were thinking of using my AP for this trip, finishing my wife's ticket from this past may, and saving those 1 day passes for when we go back. Is this possible?

We also have the DDE, so can we use the 20% off for a bottle of wine and eat on the dining plan? I know the dining plan doesn't include alcohol.

Is meal credit on one card or on each family members card (do you give everyones card to the server)

I'm feeling the pressure to book by June 4th. Thanks in advance for your answers.

and this is what we are going to do also.

We have APs and left over tickets and will have new one day tickets when we go for the free DDP. :thumbsup2

Yes, we are addicted. :rotfl2:

We willl have to be careful and NOT use any of the room keys in the turn style when we enter the parks. Then the ticket will stay on the room key. I have room keys that are 5-6 years old with days left on them prior to MYW tickets and have been able to use them.

The one day ticket (or what ever you have on the room key )will stay on the key. Some people use it later to upgrade to another AP or for a day on another vacation. :woohoo:

DDP is on ALL of the room keys for your room so anyone with the key can acess the meals. Likewise, you only need to hand the wait staff one card to take care of the whole table.

DDE can be used with DDP for those "extras".

I hope that this helps

As an AP I will be doing this as well over Labor Day weekend. I just emailed ticket services with some questions but will post them here as well to solicit some responses:

1. How exactly do you use the 1day tickets when you upgrade, since we usually upgrade online or through the mail. Is there a place to put the ticket serial numbers? Or will I need to go to guest services at a park within the 30 day window to also get the renewal discount. Will they do this at the Disney Store? Please help?

2. Also, if I chose not to use my tickets for upgrades, is it possible I can give other family members my 1day's so they can join us in the park at a later date? A CM I spoke with yesterday says they have to be used within 1 year of being issued, whether I use them as upgrades or regular park admission. Since the room key/ticket will have our names on it, can other use them?

TIA!

These are really the questions that I want answered also! Thanks for putting them so nicely. Let us know what the answers are if you get them. We were thinking of having me use my husbands one day that we are purchasing as part of the package in order to get another day in the park (since he still has days on his ap) but was wondering if this was possible.

I will post their answer to my email as soon as I get it. I need to book asap! i hope they answer soon!

Okay, I couldn't wait any longer for an email response so I called!

Here are there answers:

In order to use the unused passes towards your upgrades you would have to go to guest services at one of the parks. It doesn't sound like they have the ability to do it online because of the fact that you have to present your passes.

Also, she said that your tickets should be able to be used by other family members because even though they are attached to your KTTW card which has your name on it, it's only a one day ticket, not associated with any special discounts such as florida resident rates, and you only slip it into the turnstile anyway, no one really sees it or needs to ask for identification.

That's all I need to know, I'm there! Diggin' the free food!

I just received an answer to my email, here's the text:

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your email.

To use the purchase price of the 1-day theme park tickets toward your
renewal, you would need to mail the tickets along with your renewal
information to us with a note stating the intended purpose.

The tickets can be used at anytime, by anyone, so they can be given as
gifts for family members to use.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us again. Please be sure to include your full name, E-Mail address and
reservation number on any future correspondence. You may also contact
us by calling (407)566-4985 option #2 Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:45
p.m. EST or Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. EST.

Thank you,

Communications Center
Walt Disney World Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 Option #2

:thanks: Mark for the info. I was worried when I read that unused ticket had to be used within a year. Good to know it's good for anybody at any time.

:disrocks:

Dizneydaz...
I just emailed them back with that question re: 1 year, I'll post when they reply.

Here's the reply to my 2nd email, sort of the same response, but it seems to clarify that there is no 1yr time limit on the tickets.

Thank you for your email.

The passes that were issued with your package can be used as a Magic
Your Way ticket at any time. You can apply the value of them to your
Annual Renewal as well as give them to other family members to use
because the tickets do not become non-transferrable until first use.

Thank you,

Jenifer Smith
Communications Center
Walt Disney World Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 Option #2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter