• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Difficulty booking at 180 days

Today was our 180 day and I had no issue whatsoever. Was able to get PPO Akershus, PPO H&V, MULTIPLE options for Ohana, breakfast or dinner, multiple Bon Voyage choices, albeit later in the morning. Really surprised reading everyone’s troubles. Hope you have better luck using the reservation finder!
Good to hear! I’m shooting for a PPO at Akershus too:-)

Today was our 180 day and I had no issue whatsoever. Was able to get PPO Akershus, PPO H&V, MULTIPLE options for Ohana, breakfast or dinner, multiple Bon Voyage choices, albeit later in the morning. Really surprised reading everyone’s troubles. Hope you have better luck using the reservation finder!

Could be that we're staying off site so we dont have the benefit of the +10. I was up again and there wasnt anything I really wanted.

Today was our 180+ and I could only get one reservation we wanted, even being online at 5. Still, I know from experience that times will open up later on as plans change. I have never not gotten what we wanted eventually. I just hate to have to keep checking. It makes me nervous not to have it all sorted lol

I woke up at exactly 6am 180 days to book Ohana Dinner and BOG lunch and coudn't find any.. That's how crazy it is.

Appreciate the responses. Looking up Ohana at 7am today showed 1 reservation available for 9:50pm. Not sure if it was more open at 6am. Still surprised but the Nov/Dec season has become increasingly popular & just goes to show how important the 180+10 is now.

Good luck everyone :bounce:
Sorry if this is new inormtion, but what exactly is the +10? 13 days out from our 180 window opening and wondering if there is no an ability to access earlier? Thanks for any help!

Sorry if this is new inormtion, but what exactly is the +10? 13 days out from our 180 window opening and wondering if there is no an ability to access earlier? Thanks for any help!
The 180+10 refers to those who stay on Disney property being allowed to book reservations for their entire stay, up to 10 days, at their "180 day" from check in mark. So if they were staying 10 days, they would essentially be booking 190 days in advance for their last day, 189 for their second to last day, and so on. If not staying on property, you have to book each day of your stay 180 days out- so must book many days in a row rather than booking your reservations for your entire vacation at once. Hope that makes sense! I didn't even know this info on my 180 days earlier this month!

The 180+10 refers to those who stay on Disney property being allowed to book reservations for their entire stay, up to 10 days, at their "180 day" from check in mark. So if they were staying 10 days, they would essentially be booking 190 days in advance for their last day, 189 for their second to last day, and so on. If not staying on property, you have to book each day of your stay 180 days out- so must book many days in a row rather than booking your reservations for your entire vacation at once. Hope that makes sense! I didn't even know this info on my 180 days earlier this month!
Gotcha. Was just making sure nothing had changed since last year when we made a reservations!

Excited for our first 10 day trip! Thank you for your response!

Gotcha. Was just making sure nothing had changed since last year when we made a reservations!

Excited for our first 10 day trip! Thank you for your response!
There’s so much to learn and it seems like things are always changing! Good luck getting your ADRs! :-)

Just figured I'd add my 180+ ADR/AR experiences to this thread; I think they are relevant. May main tip to anyone out there is to not get frustrated, and to keep trying.

On 05/22/2018 I logged in at 5:58 AM for online reservations; I called in at 7:00 AM for call in reservations (BBB & Wonderland Tea Party).

We are planning a multi-family trip to WDW the week of Thanksgiving. My intended reservations (in order of importance) were as follows:
1 - 11/20 Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiqe for 2 DD (call in) - Called in right at 7AM Central, and was able to get an afternoon time without issue; being flexible helped.
2 - 11/20 Cinderellla's Royal Table (wanted a time a bit after BBB) - Logged on at 5:58AM and was unavailable; did not get this reservation at 180 days.
3 - 11/22 Whispering Canyone Cafe (17 guest reservation) - Tried this one after CRT, and was able to get lunch time (when we do Thanksgiving); had to split into two parties of 9 and 8 due to size but was accepted.
4 - 11/21 Wonderland Tea Party (3 guests) - Requested this after getting the BBB reservation, and there was none available for this day or any days around it.
5 - 11/21 Yak & Yeti - This was my 3rd online reservation at 180+ days, and was able to get a dinner reservation for 4 without issue.
6 - 11/19 Garden Grill - This was my 4th online reservation at 180+ days, and was able to get a dinner reservation for 4 without issue.
7 - 11/26 Ohana - This was my 5th online rservationa at 180+ days, was not able to get the reservation due to this being 2nd half of our split stay.

The second half of our split stay 180+ days opened on 05/27/2018. I actually forgot about it, and didn't get online that day till about 5PM. I was able to reserve the 11/26 Ohana at 4PM for a party of 10 (not split) without any issues.

The only ADR I was missing, that I really wanted was something for after Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on 11/20. I wanted to try for Cinderella's Royal Table or 1900 Park Fare on the same day around early dinner time. I have a touringplans membership so I used their ADR search tool for both of those restaurants.

On 06/01/2018 I received a text from the touring plans ADR search tool for an opening at 1900 Park Fare. I clicked to get the reservations, but then decided to log onto MDE and see what else might be available.

I found two times for Cinderella's Royal Table and two times for 1900 Park Fare that were available. I reserved the Cinderella's Royal Table.

I am only missing the Wonderland Tea Party (no biggie), and will probably try calling in every so often to check on that one.

Most interesting part of this whole ordeal was that a highly sought after reservation (CRT) opened up almost a week after the 180+ day mark. This is the main reason I say not to get frustrated, and to keep checking/trying.

Just my experience, and my humble opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter