Difficulty booking at 180 days

mystery222184

DIS Veteran
In preparation for our Nov/Dec trip I searched a couple reservations at 180 days out around 7am (prob part of the problem). We visit around this time every year and typically the tough reservations like Ohana would have very limited availability/off-times only but now there is absolutely nothing available. Even Cali Grill Brunch is full if you search for 2 people- which hasn’t happened in years past.

Is this consistent with what others have been seeing lately? Of course reservations get harder every year but I found this surprising, especially when it’s not during FD.

Part of the issue when not selecting a firm stay date yet to take advantage of the +10 (which I usually do). I’m interested in whether others are noticing the same.:charac2::rolleyes1:santa:

I’ve noticed the same. Our 180 isn’t until Friday or Saturday but I’ve been checking- as of 9 am there was 0 availability at 180 days out for breakfast at any time for Akershus, 1900 pf, Tusker House, and Crystal Palace in addition to the usual suspects- crt, bog, Ohana, etc. we wanted Trattoria on our 2nd morning and didn’t care what time, but I’m adjusting my expectations accordingly. Ale and compass will be delightful instead

Just looking around the board it seems like mde has been wonky with dining times. Hopeful that they will fix it soon :)

MDE has been completely useless this morning. We're at our 180 today and had to call in to make reservations which were mostly available for what we wanted. The website and app are both still having issues.

We are a party of 10 for Nov 17-24 and I had a hard time finding the reservations we wanted. Can't get Ohana at all, even breaking the group up into smaller reservations. I expected it to be tough being a holiday week but this is making me rethink our DxDP for sure.

My 180+10 opens tomorrow, and had a bunch of "wants" for a party of 5 that I'm very worried about: Trattoria al Forno breakfast on our 5th morning, Le Cellier for TGiving dinner (our 3rd day), BoG before the Xmas party on our 6th day. I knew BoG would be tough, but did the same trip 2 years and had no problems re: Le Cellier (searched this morning at 6 am and nothing for 180 days out!) and I REALLY didn't know that Trattoria was so popular (I can't get a single breakfast reservation on any day I have entered in for a party of 5! I eventually gave up but think I tried all of September, October and November thru the 18th this AM).

I see some comments on app/website issues - is that true?

I do the same thing leading up to my ADR day lol. I was getting really nervous with what I was seeing but as soon as our window opened up last Monday, I had no problems getting anything we hoped for, at the times we wanted. I was so relieved. Hope the same happens for you!

Our window is coming up in just over a week, I have a rough idea of what we want but It is hard guessing at the park hours and adrs when the park hours are not really released yet. Then again I have had the park hours change on me after making ADRS so I guess hours are a guess anyways.

I really liked our 8:00 am BOG reservation a few years ago on a 9 am park opening, but that was before they changed the park opening so I am not sure if it makes as much of a difference anymore.

I did our adrs Thursday the 17th for our trip Nov 13-17. I was worried since it is a short trip. The only thing I couldn't get was lunch at bog on the 16th. I booked it for the 17th but really want the 16th. We've also booked tusker breakfast, sci fi dinner, liberty tree lunch, yak and yeti, and garden grill breakfast. Trattori had breakfast available if I wanted it. We decided not to.

Appreciate the responses. Looking up Ohana at 7am today showed 1 reservation available for 9:50pm. Not sure if it was more open at 6am. Still surprised but the Nov/Dec season has become increasingly popular & just goes to show how important the 180+10 is now.

Good luck everyone :bounce:

Is anyone else having problems with the +10 part of reserving dining on MDE? The 180th day works perfectly but beyond that the whole system is screwy. It lets me select dates but fails when I try to see times or if times show up actually reserve the dining.

Everyone and their mother books at 180 days and i haven't seen any good reservations recently.
Definitely set up an ADR search with touring plans. But if all else fails, you can find good reservations the day before. This morning i saw Ohana 8:00PM for tomorrow, BOG breakfast PPO for tomorrow and a number of others that are tough to come by.

I've been super disappointed. I've never had so many issues getting ADRs ad I have this year. I had a party of 16 last year and was able to get mostly what we wanted. I was up at 4:55 (my time) to try and get ADRs and am having to rethink and be a lot more fluid with my plans than I'm used to. Not having those extra days are rough. I might do the ADR search with touring plans that someone suggested. I just can't live with myself if we dont get to go to Ohana on my birthday trip :)

i have a split stay, so i was up saturday am to book black Friday- sunday after Tgiving, and again this morning to book Nov 26th-30th.

this morning was MUCH harder- i have to think that with CP packages unreleased, CRT and BOG dinners not released for MVMCP, that its causing a jam. I wanted a BOG breakfast and couldnt get it until 180+5 at 6am today, which is kind of nuts. No scifi any time either HS date, when i had no problem booking it for the saturday after thanksgiving. im reasonably confident stuff will open up and disney is holding back ressies for some of the most popular places for holiday events, which is causing everything else to book up

Last edited:
Today was our 180 day and I had no issue whatsoever. Was able to get PPO Akershus, PPO H&V, MULTIPLE options for Ohana, breakfast or dinner, multiple Bon Voyage choices, albeit later in the morning. Really surprised reading everyone’s troubles. Hope you have better luck using the reservation finder!

i have a split stay, so i was up saturday am to book black Friday- sunday after Tgiving, and again this morning to book Nov 26th-30th.

this morning was MUCH harder- i have to think that with CP packages unreleased, CRT and BOG dinners not released for MVMCP, that its causing a jam. I wanted a BOG breakfast and couldnt get it until 180+5 at 6am today, which is kind of nuts. No scifi any time either HS date, when i had no problem booking it for the saturday after thanksgiving. im reasonably confident stuff will open up and disney is holding back ressies for some of the most popular places for holiday events, which is causing everything else to book up

My ADR day was yesterday and while I got most everything I wanted, I had some trouble with a few. I noticed you said that CRT dinners were not released for MVMCP nights. We're trying to do a very early dinner (4:30ish) on a MVMCP night before we leave (not staying for the party). I know CRT is hard to get, but it was the first reservation I looked for at 6am and couldn't find anything. Do you think that's because the dinner times haven't been released? If so, when do they typically get released?

I’m having trouble, too. It’s our first time staying off-site so I figured that was the problem but I’ve been getting up early and trying at 6am on the nose. I’ve called, too with no luck. This is probably my last trip to Disney due to constantly deteriorating health so I’m pretty bummed. Oh, well. Maybe the TP alerts will work out.

My ADR day was yesterday and while I got most everything I wanted, I had some trouble with a few. I noticed you said that CRT dinners were not released for MVMCP nights. We're trying to do a very early dinner (4:30ish) on a MVMCP night before we leave (not staying for the party). I know CRT is hard to get, but it was the first reservation I looked for at 6am and couldn't find anything. Do you think that's because the dinner times haven't been released? If so, when do they typically get released?

I’m just speculating, I really don’t know for sure. BOG dinners for the week of 11/19 were released a few days past the 180 mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter