Different kind of Mickey lamp

jwo1976

Mouseketeer
I think I saw this here..... We got one of the Mickey balloon popcorn buckets and I was thinking about turning it into a table lamp. Kinda like the many mickey lamps we see at everyone's sites just a little space saving idea. Has anyone done this? Or seen this? I thought I had seen a picture of one before. Either way its my next project hopefully will be able to display it at the fort this June when we go.

We saw something similar during one of our trips. DW and I had toyed around with making some and bringing them to the DIS Meet at the Fort in 2020 to give out, but I could never find all the parts I would need. We were looking for battery operated ones. I would think making a plug in one with small lamp parts would be pretty straight forward.

j

Great job! I wonder how it would hold up to the heat produced by the light bulb. Guess it's like a candle, don't turn it on and leave it unattended (at least for the first bit until you know).

Awesome idea, great thinking outside the box, er, popcorn bucket. Great size, easy to store, as long as it's weatherproof you're good to go :thumbsup2

Seems you have a quite a few Vinylmations :scratchin

Awesome idea, great thinking outside the box, er, popcorn bucket. Great size, easy to store, as long as it's weatherproof you're good to go :thumbsup2

Seems you have a quite a few Vinylmations :scratchin
Unfortunately its really not waterproof. I have it on my desk at home. And yes we have a lot of vinylmations. We were avid collectors back when they were really a thing. Actually came across a whole set of the robot vinylmations just a few months ago at the Lakeland Antique mall. Had to have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter