Didn't new das rules go into effect?

I have tried for 2 days now to chat with someone. I'm on east coast so I log in right at 11am. Yesterday I held for over 5 hours before I had to give up. Today I held for 4 hours and then without warning it said agent ended chat and got a survey. This is crazy
They typically give a few minutes once entering the chat.

I turn up our computer volume all the way up and luckily have dual screens to keep open and see if chat box changes. It is annoying that the wait times actually INCREASED with DLR.

It's only the first week so hopefully it'll settle down once the fourth is past us-- just in time for D23 surges to start.

I think they made it clear on the page I linked that Location Return Time is ONLY available on the attractions listed there. They also specify that it's not available at Disney California Adventure Park.
As far as I know, there was not a specific list before, but I'm pretty sure the park maps included the information for access under each attraction the same way the WDW maps did (I.e. contact Cast Member at attraction for access).

I also think for other attractions, both WDW and DL want guests to do what @lanejudy mentioned here:

RTQ took off on Social Media, with quite a few people posting they thought it would be what they called 'old school DAS' where guests went to the attraction to get a DAS Return Time. This was NOT correct, but took off and I've still seen recent Facebook posts talking about it that way
I think it took off because that is what some CMs were referencing it as to inquire. Now if CMs meant AQR, then that's a training QA issue that hopefully they've rectified. If they meant to have something like DAS 1.0 or LRT -- then that's indeed something else.

Yes, LRT is finally posted for rides long known to have available as standard processes. They've never officially posted it for some reason. I'm glad they finally got around to it for DLR at least.

There were earlier reports in WDW of issuances of LRT type returns after the revamp started, so they are out there. It really does appear Disney does not want any regular utilization of it for obvious flow and LL jamming up issues.

I think it took off because that is what some CMs were referencing it as to inquire. Now if CMs meant AQR, then that's a training QA issue that hopefully they've rectified. If they meant to have something like DAS 1.0 or LRT -- then that's indeed something else.

Yes, LRT is finally posted for rides long known to have available as standard processes. They've never officially posted it for some reason. I'm glad they finally got around to it for DLR at least.

There were earlier reports in WDW of issuances of LRT type returns after the revamp started, so they are out there. It really does appear Disney does not want any regular utilization of it for obvious flow and LL jamming up issues.
I'm not sure if CMs referenced it OR if people made their own interpretation based on what CMs were saying. I don't think Disney or the CMs meant anything to be interpreted as DAS 1.0. All the things I saw on Social Media were people interpreting (? Wishful thinking) what they heard.

I think they posted the list for Disneyland because there are so many.
I think they didn't post it for WDW because there are only a few

I was at the parks this past week as a solo traveler with DAS under the old rules. I witnessed the new procedures at a few of the rides, and inadvertently ended up testing out AQR at Mickey’s Fun Wheel.

For Mickey’s Fun Wheel, the posted wait was 10 min, so I thought I’d be fine in the standby line. After about 17 min, I still hadn’t made it halfway through the queue. Since I knew I’d never make it to the front in time and needed to leave, I asked the family behind me to assist me with removing the queue chains since it was hard to reach in my ECV. I returned to ride entrance, and told the CM I had been in the line, but I need to leave for awhile. I asked the CM what the procedures would be if I chose to return to ride it. He let me know that it was no problem at all, verified I was solo and told me I would just need to see him when I returned, and he would send me straight to the front with a pass. I left for about 30 min. When I returned, the same CM was there and gave me a card to take down the exit path and hand to the CMs at the boarding area.

I only witnessed the new procedures for other rides while I was in line using my DAS.

For Fantasyland, CMs at Peter Pan, Alice and Mr. Toad were very clear that they were not issuing return times for family members who may have difficulties with the queues. CMs took their time explaining that party members that could not handle the queue may wait outside the queue, but at least 2 members of the party must wait in the standby queue (party sizes happened to be 4 or 5 each time). The members waiting outside would rejoin their party via the merge at Peter Pan, the exit for Alice, or the mobility entrance for Mr. Toad. They were firm that those were the only accommodations provided for parties that did not have mobility needs. I did not ask about the procedures as a solo traveler, because the CMs there were already aware that I have DAS.

When a ride reopened after a closure, all DAS users were being advised that they would have to wait until the app showed a posted wait time and book their return times in the app. Ride CMs would not be able to issue a return time for them, even if the app had not updated to reflect that the ride was open already. I felt bad for these families, since it had already been 20 minutes after Fantasyland reopened after the fireworks and some of the rides were still not updating in the app.

My advice for anyone needing a Location Return Time, just ask for a Wheelchair Return Time. CM’s were visibly overwhelmed at times trying to ensure they were doing every step correctly, that any new terminology thrown at them was almost treated as a red flag. It probably didn’t help that management seemed to be lurking nearby them, hopefully just to intervene if a situation escalated. When I requested a Wheelchair Return Time, it was just more familiar for them and they immediately took care of it. Also, I witnessed that LRT parties were allowed 6 total guests, the LRT user + 5 additional party members.

The last ride procedures I witnessed was for TSMM. A teen was able to wait outside the line while his family entered the standby. Once they reached the merge point, he just alerted the CM that he needed to join his family and pointed them out. She held the standby and LL lines, and let the teen join them.

In all situations, the CMs explained the procedures and reunited families very smoothly. There were no elaborate explanations needed, and no undue attention was drawn to the parties utilizing accommodations. I’m glad I was able to see it in action in different scenarios, just in case I’m denied under the new rules.

The question remains what the heck is the process which is essentially the same as LRT really called by Disney to ask for that accommodation? We've been using it as RTQ here while others are interchanging RTQ with AQR. --- so confusing for folk to seek if an issue at the queue at the attraction.

In simple terms, the best to query the CM upon reaching the attraction on what your need is, and they help match best to their ability -- which for most appears to be AQR.
IMO, it's best not to use any lingo. Just explain to the CM that you may need to leave the queue, and let them explain the procedures based on your party size and attraction configuration.

To my knowledge, it isn't an accommodation to request. The guest should simply state something like "I (may) need to leave the queue briefly, how do I return?" The CM will offer what is appropriate for that attraction based on certain parameters -- party size, wait time, etc. That might be a return time (similar to Location Return Time) or it may be different.

"RTQ" or "return to queue" is a social media term that took off, but it really refers to what Disney calls "Attraction Queue Re-entry" (AQR). How any given guest is accommodated for AQR will depend on various factors as mentioned above.
This is correct. The simpler you keep your request, the quicker they can assess your party and explain the procedures.

For Fantasyland, CMs at Peter Pan, Alice and Mr. Toad were very clear that they were not issuing return times for family members who may have difficulties with the queues. CMs took their time explaining that party members that could not handle the queue may wait outside the queue, but at least 2 members of the party must wait in the standby queue (party sizes happened to be 4 or 5 each time). The members waiting outside would rejoin their party via the merge at Peter Pan, the exit for Alice, or the mobility entrance for Mr. Toad. They were firm that those were the only accommodations provided for parties that did not have mobility needs. I did not ask about the procedures as a solo traveler, because the CMs there were already aware that I have DAS.
Wow, tsumgirl, you've provided very helpful information!

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who is traveling solo and doesn't qualify for DAS but cannot physically stand in a long line. (The circumstance you mentioned at the end of that paragraph but didn't need to investigate yourself.) My usual DL travel partner may not be up to going with me next time, so unless I can round up someone else, I'll be on my own. I can get around the park under my own steam okay as long as I take a sitting break fairly often, but standing in one place (or barely moving) for more than a few minutes is beyond what my legs can tolerate.

Wow, tsumgirl, you've provided very helpful information!

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who is traveling solo and doesn't qualify for DAS but cannot physically stand in a long line. (The circumstance you mentioned at the end of that paragraph but didn't need to investigate yourself.) My usual DL travel partner may not be up to going with me next time, so unless I can round up someone else, I'll be on my own. I can get around the park under my own steam okay as long as I take a sitting break fairly often, but standing in one place (or barely moving) for more than a few minutes is beyond what my legs can tolerate.
Thanks!

I'm curious as well about the procedures for solo riders. I really wanted to test it out, but many of the CMs there recognized me from this or past trips. I didn't want to add to their plate at the time, since it was the first few days of the new procedures.

I'm a little confused by this. Is this just something that was applied to people who were already in line when one person in the party couldn't handle the queue? Just wondering what would happen in these two situations:

* I'm there with my mom and she has an electric scooter, so can't do FL queues. In the past, she's gotten a return time and since I'm with her, I also get a return time rather than waiting in line alone. Is this still the case?

* I'm there with my daughter who has DAS. Same scenario, she gets a return time and so do I. Is that still the case?

In both cases, there's only one person with the guest who has the accommodation, not an entire family or group.

I'm a little confused by this. Is this just something that was applied to people who were already in line when one person in the party couldn't handle the queue? Just wondering what would happen in these two situations:

* I'm there with my mom and she has an electric scooter, so can't do FL queues. In the past, she's gotten a return time and since I'm with her, I also get a return time rather than waiting in line alone. Is this still the case?

* I'm there with my daughter who has DAS. Same scenario, she gets a return time and so do I. Is that still the case?

In both cases, there's only one person with the guest who has the accommodation, not an entire family or group.
I believe that poster was explaining her observation of the new AQR at a couple of attractions. There must have been more than 2 in each party she observed.

Location Return Times (for a wheelchair) has not changed.
DAS has not significantly changed, mainly just the number of guests allowed (DAS-holder + 3 = 4 total).

I believe that poster was explaining her observation of the new AQR at a couple of attractions. There must have been more than 2 in each party she observed.

Location Return Times (for a wheelchair) has not changed.
DAS has not significantly changed, mainly just the number of guests allowed (DAS-holder + 3 = 4 total).
Yes, you're correct. Thanks lanejudy!

These parties of 4 or 5 were asking about the new accommodations for guests who don't have DAS (the new AQR).

Your mom would still get a Wheelchair Return Time at rides that are not accessible. This allows the ECV user plus 5 guests.

Your daughter would not get a return time at the ride with DAS. She would select her DAS ride and guests in her party in the app (DAS user plus 3 guests). Assuming you were added to her party during the interview, you could receive a return time as one of her guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest