Didn't new das rules go into effect?

Thanks for the post. Did you interview with live CM or did they give you an iPad? As I watched, it seemed like interviews were being done up at the kiosk windows, seemed like in-depth discussions were taking place. I didn’t see anyone using iPads like they said they would.

I was with a live person. The CM did move to the side so I could see that there some online being done behind her too. I think we talked about 45 minutes total (about my issues, about my Mom and her issues, the new system, other questions, and then her giving me the lightening lanes).

I am ok trying AQR out for awhile.
I just googled that acronym and found a discussion of Disney's DAS policies saying that it means "Attraction Queue Re-Entry" and allows one to meet up with the rest of your party when they get to the LL/Standby merge point. Then there's something called "Return to Queue" that lets someone enter the attraction at a certain time. Since you were by yourself, how could you use AQR?

Wow, 45 minutes? Did it look like it was taking 45 minutes with each party? No wonder the lines are so long!

I think I was there longer than a lot of people. As I said, we talked about more than just my issues. The people at the windows when I left were a lot of the people that were well behind me in line.

I just googled that acronym and found a discussion of Disney's DAS policies saying that it means "Attraction Queue Re-Entry" and allows one to meet up with the rest of your party when they get to the LL/Standby merge point. Then there's something called "Return to Queue" that lets someone enter the attraction at a certain time. Since you were by yourself, how could you use AQR?

The advice I have seen on the main Disability page is to ask before I get in line about what the procedure would be if I needed to leave the line, especially when solo. I would have tried on Saturday but the lines were really short and I did not feel the need to ask at any of them since there were a lot of walk-ons or I could use Single Rider.

I think I was there longer than a lot of people. As I said, we talked about more than just my issues. The people at the windows when I left were a lot of the people that were well behind me in line.

The advice I have seen on the main Disability page is to ask before I get in line about what the procedure would be if I needed to leave the line, especially when solo. I would have tried on Saturday but the lines were really short and I did not feel the need to ask at any of them since there were a lot of walk-ons or I could use Single Rider.
You know we're counting on you to give reports now 😁.

It will be interesting how they handle a return request when you do find a need to step out of the queue. My guessnis a return and send you down the LL or if busy, a return time. Let's see!

Glad you had a short line day. Surprised not so busy with the special 3 day tickets for California in play.

You know we're counting on you to give reports now 😁.

It will be interesting how they handle a return request when you do find a need to step out of the queue. My guessnis a return and send you down the LL or if busy, a return time. Let's see!

Glad you had a short line day. Surprised not so busy with the special 3 day tickets for California in play.

Well, I am local so I do go a lot. I typically skip things with long lines. I am sometimes solo but often bring my mom who is 85 with me. She has a wheelchair and based on conversation about some of her issues should be able to get an approval for DAS. Even if she is with me and I step out of line, I will need to bring her with me for a couple reasons (unable to propel wheelchair and safety concerns). So if she is denied, I guess we will really be finding out about AQR. We have park reservations for next saturday, but I often cancel a day or 2 ahead once weekend plans firm up more. We for sure will be there 7/17 - 7/19 with a VGC stay planned.

I am not attacking anyone but do find it interesting they are making people wait 60-90 mins in a line for people saying they can't wait in line a a long time

And in this heat no less, just....yeah an interesting idea Disney

Thankfully this can be done from the comfort of your own home prior to a trip.

Since you were by yourself, how could you use AQR?

I am very curious how AQR & RTL will work for those on solo trips, since most or all of my trips are & will be solo trips. I was very thankful to have a DAS my last trip but would have no issue with a RTL if it was a workable solution for me.

Thankfully this can be done from the comfort of your own home prior to a trip.

I am very curious how AQR & RTL will work for those on solo trips, since most or all of my trips are & will be solo trips. I was very thankful to have a DAS my last trip but would have no issue with a RTL if it was a workable solution for me.
I agree but also day one not really unless you wanted to be late to the park

Yes, but I haven't heard Disney is supplying the iPads. Are they? I thought it was to use your phone.
Some of the 'first day' reports from WDW said there were iPads set up for guests to use. I don't know if they continued that because I didn't see reports past the first few days

They are posting the qr codes. So my best guess is that CMs instruct to scan the qr code and use own phone in a comfortable setting to improve privacy and lower congestion at city hall.

They probably still have ipads for those without a phone, but that's probably far and few in-between now

This information was added to the DISNEYLAND website

Location Return Time information: DISNEYLAND PARK

A Location Return Time may be issued at select Disneyland Park attractions. This program is intended to accommodate persons with mobility devices or other physical restrictions who are unable to negotiate some of our older queues which may not be wheelchair accessible.

Location Return Times may be available for Guests who:
  • Utilize a mobility device such as a wheelchair or ECV
  • Are unable to navigate stairs, steep ramps, turnstiles or low lighting
  • Require assistance navigating narrow walkways with a sighted guide or a service animal
How to Use Location Return Times
Speak to a Cast Member at the attraction
  1. A Cast Member will assist in assigning a return time that is comparable to the current standby wait
  2. A Cast Member provides directions on where to return to
  3. Guest returns at the designated time to the auxiliary entry location
Location Return Times are not offered in Disney California Adventure Park. The following experiences in Disneyland Park offer Location Return Times:

The Accessibility Services Kiosk does more than just the DAS interviews. According to the Disneylandwebsite, this is also where guests will rent/borrow handheld devices hearing disabilities and braille resources for vision disabilities as well as obtaining a stroller-as-wheelchair tag.
At least to me, I think the DAS line should be separate from these. I think this just makes people have to wait longer to get into the park and enjoy it when they may need one of these devices

This information was added to the DISNEYLAND website

Location Return Time information: DISNEYLAND PARK

A Location Return Time may be issued at select Disneyland Park attractions. This program is intended to accommodate persons with mobility devices or other physical restrictions who are unable to negotiate some of our older queues which may not be wheelchair accessible.

Location Return Times may be available for Guests who:
  • Utilize a mobility device such as a wheelchair or ECV
  • Are unable to navigate stairs, steep ramps, turnstiles or low lighting
  • Require assistance navigating narrow walkways with a sighted guide or a service animal
How to Use Location Return Times
Speak to a Cast Member at the attraction
  1. A Cast Member will assist in assigning a return time that is comparable to the current standby wait
  2. A Cast Member provides directions on where to return to
  3. Guest returns at the designated time to the auxiliary entry location
Location Return Times are not offered in Disney California Adventure Park. The following experiences in Disneyland Park offer Location Return Times:
Yeah, this has been standard operations at DLR for these rides due to nonADA compliant queues. Disney FINALLY making a name and posting it.

GothicRosie is a daily DLR blogger and been clarifying this on her FB page a few days ago.

The question remains what the heck is the process which is essentially the same as LRT really called by Disney to ask for that accommodation? We've been using it as RTQ here while others are interchanging RTQ with AQR. --- so confusing for folk to seek if an issue at the queue at the attraction.

In simple terms, the best to query the CM upon reaching the attraction on what your need is, and they help match best to their ability -- which for most appears to be AQR.

The question remains what the heck is the process which is essentially the same as LRT really called by Disney to ask for that accommodation?
To my knowledge, it isn't an accommodation to request. The guest should simply state something like "I (may) need to leave the queue briefly, how do I return?" The CM will offer what is appropriate for that attraction based on certain parameters -- party size, wait time, etc. That might be a return time (similar to Location Return Time) or it may be different.

"RTQ" or "return to queue" is a social media term that took off, but it really refers to what Disney calls "Attraction Queue Re-entry" (AQR). How any given guest is accommodated for AQR will depend on various factors as mentioned above.

To my knowledge, it isn't an accommodation to request. The guest should simply state something like "I (may) need to leave the queue briefly, how do I return?" The CM will offer what is appropriate for that attraction based on certain parameters -- party size, wait time, etc. That might be a return time (similar to Location Return Time) or it may be different.

"RTQ" or "return to queue" is a social media term that took off, but it really refers to what Disney calls "Attraction Queue Re-entry" (AQR). How any given guest is accommodated for AQR will depend on various factors as mentioned above.
I agree with this; others, especially prior DAS holders now literally returning to the queues, have a very different take on it and requesting directly by stating their current need at that moment may exceed the current queue time. eg known mitigating processes tap out at 20-30minutes - and underlying disability surfaces at that time -- and the queue is 50+minutes.

It would be nice to have a name associated to the LRT for non-LRT official rides. Understand there's a reason NOT to make it an official to lower utilization too; just another bar for a person with needs to get over.

I agree with this; others, especially prior DAS holders now literally returning to the queues, have a very different take on it and requesting directly by stating their current need at that moment may exceed the current queue time. eg known mitigating processes tap out at 20-30minutes - and underlying disability surfaces at that time -- and the queue is 50+minutes.

It would be nice to have a name associated to the LRT for non-LRT official rides. Understand there's a reason NOT to make it an official to lower utilization too; just another bar for a person with needs to get over.
I think they made it clear on the page I linked that Location Return Time is ONLY available on the attractions listed there. They also specify that it's not available at Disney California Adventure Park.
As far as I know, there was not a specific list before, but I'm pretty sure the park maps included the information for access under each attraction the same way the WDW maps did (I.e. contact Cast Member at attraction for access).

I also think for other attractions, both WDW and DL want guests to do what @lanejudy mentioned here:

RTQ took off on Social Media, with quite a few people posting they thought it would be what they called 'old school DAS' where guests went to the attraction to get a DAS Return Time. This was NOT correct, but took off and I've still seen recent Facebook posts talking about it that way

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest