Did you get anything special in room due for a celebration?

For our celebration , in our room, we got a

• balloon

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • card

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • other

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • nothing

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
Our trip, our DGS had a birthday 2 weeks ago and we have our 40th anniversary in two weeks. DS got a room ready text while on ME, so he didn't need to go to front desk. Our room wasn't ready, so I had checked with the front desk a few times before the room was ready.

I was surprised the front desk didn't make any comment on our anniversary . After a day or so we asked for buttons for us and DGS.

During the course of the week, I was kind of hoping for a card or something in our rooms. We nor our DGS got anything. After all, why do they ask if you are celebrating something.......

I just spoke with member services and she told me they don't do cards, balloons or towels animals anymore. The only thing is buttons.

I know I've read people getting things, but maybe they were in "regular" resorts, not DVC.

We have been to celebrate many birthdays and anniversaries. Nothing in our rooms, and only once (at BCV) did they mention my birthday at check-in and give me a button. Honestly, I'm fine with that since we don't take our trips with the hope of being congratulated for anything.

I agree, I'm not sure why they ask if you are celebrating unless it helps fine tune their marketing message.

We went in April to celebrate my DD's birthday (her very 1st trip). When we made reservations for the character dining, the reservationist specifically asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. After we told her, she said she'll make a note and have them do something special. When we got there, we saw several other birthday boys & girls and the staff sang Happy Birthday. But we kept waiting (and nothing) so when they brought the bill, I asked and she said there's no note of it. My DD was so disappointed!

We have gotten things but it's been years. And that WAS with DVC. Calls from Mickey for a Birthday or anniversary celebration. A picture for similar. Last year at BCV for my nephew and his wife's anniversary and zip. I finally asked from some buttons.

I agree - why ask at all? And if I call in to make or change a reservation I am still asked if we will be celebrating anything.

We went in April to celebrate my DD's birthday (her very 1st trip). When we made reservations for the character dining, the reservationist specifically asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. After we told her, she said she'll make a note and have them do something special. When we got there, we saw several other birthday boys & girls and the staff sang Happy Birthday. But we kept waiting (and nothing) so when they brought the bill, I asked and she said there's no note of it. My DD was so disappointed!

When we checked into Crystal Palace, we mentioned about 6 yr birthday and our anniversary. I was hoping to get a second cupcake so the 2 yr would have one. But same as you, saw others but nothing for grandson. At the end of the meal, I tracked down a manager and asked for the cupcake for the 6 years old.

We get buttons at check-in when we ask for them. It's been a few years since we've gotten the Mickey birthday message on the phone. We never had anything else in the room.

At Disney restaurants it's hit or miss--kids will usually get a cupcake or a birthday message on their dessert. We did have to ask at Le Cellier as it was actually DD's 16th birthday--they added a piece of white chocolate to her dessert with 'happy birthday' written on it and a candle. At character meals they've been pretty good with giving us a card signed by all the characters wishing the child 'happy birthday.'

We have gotten things but it's been years. And that WAS with DVC. Calls from Mickey for a Birthday or anniversary celebration. A picture for similar. Last year at BCV for my nephew and his wife's anniversary and zip. I finally asked from some buttons.

I agree - why ask at all? And if I call in to make or change a reservation I am still asked if we will be celebrating anything.

We've had DVC for 12 years, I know during that time we have gotten at a card once or twice. Once during breakfast at Captains Grill, the server brought us two balloons . But as you said , it's been years.

We have celebrated a few birthdays and anniversaries and have received a photo card from Mickey with happy birthday on it. But for our anniversary I don't remember anything at the resort.

I received a nice card at Aulani this past November for my birthday! But in WDW we haven't received cards for awhile unless I order something from Disney Florist to be delivered in the room. There were times when they'd leave buttons and cards in the room but that hasn't happened in years. I agree, why ask anymore if they are not going to do anything.

Nothing while staying on property but there was a card and balloon when we checked into VB. It was a nice surprise!

In the resorts, no nothing! There's a lot you can ordert to make your celebration special, sure but it aint "CHEAP" But the beauty of DVC, I bring my own merry.... At the front desk, when celebrating birthdays, yes a button, typically followed by a free dessert if dining at a restaurant. I never ask, we order it and if they don't charge for it, it's greatly appreciated. Good service gets rewarded-as well!

Last edited:
NOT DVC, but we were there over Thanksgiving last year for two weeks, and we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary/honeymoon and we had buttons in our room with a card when we arrived and at ever TS we were at we received free champagne or cupcakes plus confetti on our table - i also made sure to tell the hostess when we arrived that we were celebrating becuase notes get lots in the computer system and we always wore our buttons

NOT DVC, but we were there over Thanksgiving last year for two weeks, and we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary/honeymoon and we had buttons in our room with a card when we arrived and at ever TS we were at we received free champagne or cupcakes plus confetti on our table - i also made sure to tell the hostess when we arrived that we were celebrating becuase notes get lots in the computer system and we always wore our buttons

We wore our buttons and DGS had his button, DS mentioned when we checked into Crystal Palace. Nothing, except as we were leaving, I found a manager and asked for a cupcake for DGS. He also brought along a card for him.

We wore our buttons and DGS had his button, DS mentioned when we checked into Crystal Palace. Nothing, except as we were leaving, I found a manager and asked for a cupcake for DGS. He also brought along a card for him.

WOW! That's crazy because Crystal Palace was the one that went ALL OUT for us! Tons of mickey confetti on the table, (i was trying to save it for my scrapbook and our server brought me a baggie FILLED with it!) the servers all came around and sang to us, the signed card, and the handlers mentioned to them that we were celebrating and they stayed extra time with us

When we have stayed at the hotel (Coronado Springs, Port Orleans, etc.) we have received cards, but never have we received anything when staying DVC.

WOW! That's crazy because Crystal Palace was the one that went ALL OUT for us! Tons of mickey confetti on the table, (i was trying to save it for my scrapbook and our server brought me a baggie FILLED with it!) the servers all came around and sang to us, the signed card, and the handlers mentioned to them that we were celebrating and they stayed extra time with us

Manager told us they no longer do the confetti.

I know it's just a cupcake, but honestly, I was a little disappointed we didn't get a little attention for our 40th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter