DH wants to take me somehwere nice...Where to dine???

Momto8

Proud Grandmother to 19 Grandchildren!
My DH wants to take me somewhere nice to eat during our June trip without the kids. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have PS for Portobello Yacht Club, but now I'm thinking about switching to the California Grill. The Yachtsman Steak House is another one that comes to mind. The Portobello Yacht Club would work out good, because our 2 DDs could go to DQ while we're there (they're 16 & 14). But I would like to try the California Grill as well.

Right now I also have PS for Liberty Tree Tavern, CRT, Tony's Town Square, Alfredo's, & LeCellier. We also plan on eating at Beaches & Cream (my DH's favorite). My DD, 14, wants to eat at the Living Seas, but their menu looks pricey. I don't know how the food is there either.

I've never eaten at California Grill, Portobello YC or Yachtsmen Steak House, so I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on these or other places you would recommend.

Thanks!

We have eaten at all 3 all good. What are you looking for atmosphere or romantic setting? Also what type of food do you like?

I would like suggestions as well. We were thinking about the California Grill, but sis (who is a CM) said it was just ok and you were really paying for the view.

We've eaten at Le Cellier. She suggested the Yachtsman, but we have so many steakhouses in Dallas, I feel I have tried it all and want something different. We have also eaten at Tony's, Teppanyaki, San Angel Inn, CRT, Prime Time, Biergarten, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef, Crystal Palace, and probably a few others I have left out.

We are looking for something different and nice for adults as we will be celebrating out 6th anniversary. Victoria's and Albert's sounds great, but might be a little out of our budget. I need to make a PS soon, because we are already 76 days from our trip.

Any help is appreciated. TIA

Romantic setting would be good since we're doing this without the kids. While I like a good steak, I prefer seafood, especially lobster tail. We've already eaten at Fulton's Crab House, so I would like to try something different this time.

I forgot we also have PS at 50's Prime Time as well as Mama Melrose.

the food and the view combined are well worth the money. You can walk out n the roof during the fireworks...it is unbelievable. Tell them its your anniversary before you get there so you can get a great table

My dh and I have done CA Grill, and we liked it, but we like Artist Point in the WL better. I think Artist Point is more intimate...quieter and less hectic. The tables aren't as close together and it's just a smaller restaurant in general. The food is excellent!!

We will be eating at Artist Point again on this upcoming trip, while our two ds's are in the Cub's Den!

Good luck deciding!

the food and the view combined are well worth the money. You can walk out n the roof during the fireworks...it is unbelievable. Tell them its your anniversary before you get there so you can get a great table

Actually our anniversary is in October, and my DH wants to go back then just the 2 of with no kids. We're going back in December with my 2 DDs, so I won't feel guilty if we go without them in Oct. Maybe I should wait to do CA Grill then. It will be 32 years for us.

I've never eaten at Artist Point. I'm going to have to check out their menu.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'll cast a vote for Citrico's. It is quiet, romantic, and you can watch the fireworks from there also. Food and prenetation is superb.

Ed

I would give California Grill a try. The food was great. I had the pork tenderloin which is one of their signature dishes and it was awesome! The service was outstanding. I was freezing, so our waiter brough me an extra table cloth and wrapped it around me. In my opinion, you cannot beat the atmosphere at night with an amazing view of Cinderella's castle changing colors. If you are lucky, you may even get a window seat and be able to watch the fireworks right from your seat! I think it is so romantic and well worth the money.

California Grill
California Grill
Cailfornia Grill!!!!!

I love this restaruant and make a seating there each February.. I make it about 60 - 70 minutes before the fireworks so that I can watch them during dessert!!

I recommend the Pork Loin...with polenta!!! WOW!! Very good!

We loved Artist Point!!! Terrific food. We did eat at Calif. Grill but found it to be too noisy and hectic. Also wasn't really crazy about the food offerings. Yes, I am a true meat and potato gal. But dh liked it well enough, but he loves seafood and some pretty bizarre stuff.

Thanks for all the responses. I think I am going to try CA Grill. I told me DH what everyone says and he likes the idea about watching Wishes.

The pork loin with polenta sounds good. I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

Thanks again!

For a really special meal out, try to get PS for Victoria and Alberts.

We ate at CG & PYC both for the first time last Sept. and had excellent meals. I had the bacon wrapped Tuna at PYC & Pork Tenderloin at CG. Both dinners were very good. You can't beat the view at CG if you can get a window table. If you wan't to stay in DD I would be sure to give PYC a chance, it is very good. we are planning on eating at both on our next trip again.

This is going to be a hard decision. I was all set to go with CG, but now am rethinking PYC. I will print the menus for my DH and get his input before I decide.

Twigs, I've always wanted to try V&A, but I think we'll skip it this time. Maybe when we go in October without the kids, we might try it then.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter