***Design Tips***

Could you please tell me the exact brand you bought?
Who is Amy ? Doe she sell on line?

They must be fantastic, but they are too expensive for me if you add shipping from the US and custom fees.

I am not sure where you are located - but if you let me know, I can get a price from the post office on the additional shipping.

From previous requesters, the price increase for a 20 sheet pack are as follows to these locations: UK - $6.00 more/ Canada $2.00 more and Australia $6.00 more. Add these amounts to the $40.00 package price and that would be the total.

What kind of dark transfer paper works the best - the kind you reverse print on or the kind you don't? Also, does the dark transfer paper work the same as the light? In other words, you trim the design before applying it? Thanks for any help info on where I can find out more.

I used the Avery brand and though they look great, they are stiff and I'm afraid of wrinkling them. They are also bubbling and ready to peel and crack after about 6 washings.

I am ready to order Amy's at this point. I mean, I want to be economical but these shirts are not disposable! I want people to use them after the trip!

I have gotten some great blank designs from the gals out there and want to try and make a shirt but when I open the Pics they are VERY small. When I make them larger they get all blury and not so great looking. How do I make them bigger and yet still look good?

Thanks ladies!

What brands of dark transfer paper are recommended if you have to buy over-the-counter???

My first two shirts I used June tailor Copy 'n press, they turned out alright. It was my first time doing this though. Then I tried Transfermations Design & Iron for light shirts. It isn't transferring? Anyone used this brand and can help me out?:confused3

Hi everyone,
I am brand new to this and have never tried to make a t-shirt before. My daughter's birthday is Friday and a wonderful designer made me a birthday design for her.
So I ran out to Wal Mart and got a white t-shirt and transfer paper. The problem is on the package it says for COLOR INK JET printers. I have a color laser jet and, before I open the package, I'm wondering if it's going to work?? I also went to Michael's thinking they might have transfer paper for laser jet, but they don't. So now I'm really stuck. I got the great design and want to get it onto a shirt.
I considered checking with Staples in their copy area and see if they might be able to get the image onto transfer paper for me.
Thanks!

So, I was wondering something... A lot of you are saying that amy's transfers are the best. When compared with other transfers such as wilton etc... what makes them better than any others?

Also, I have been taking in so much information that maybe my brain is full, but, I don't understand the "having to flip" vs "not having to flip" and how you know if you have to do this and if you do then how do you do it?

Still a little confused
Katy

So, I was wondering something... A lot of you are saying that amy's transfers are the best. When compared with other transfers such as wilton etc... what makes them better than any others?

Also, I have been taking in so much information that maybe my brain is full, but, I don't understand the "having to flip" vs "not having to flip" and how you know if you have to do this and if you do then how do you do it?

Still a little confused
Katy

I'm in the same boat as you - trying to learn all I can in a short period of time! :rotfl: my brain is so overloaded right now!

I'm going to head out at lunch today and look for the dark Avery transfers.

Still a little confused
Katy

I've used Wilton's and Avery's both are "OK" if you plan on wearing them once or twice ... Both are stiff and will crack after just a few washes.

I've found that Amy's are softer and with care last quite a bit. I've heard some folks even able to use the shirts for multiple trips.

As for reversing the Image most transfers require you to invert the image so that when its ironed on it can be read correctly (my guess is it's because of which side the adhesive is on). Amy's don't require this step. She even goes as far as to send very detailed (simplified) instructions with her orders. I'd recommend Amy's.

Hi everyone,
I am brand new to this and have never tried to make a t-shirt before. My daughter's birthday is Friday and a wonderful designer made me a birthday design for her.
So I ran out to Wal Mart and got a white t-shirt and transfer paper. The problem is on the package it says for COLOR INK JET printers. I have a color laser jet and, before I open the package, I'm wondering if it's going to work?? I also went to Michael's thinking they might have transfer paper for laser jet, but they don't. So now I'm really stuck. I got the great design and want to get it onto a shirt.
I considered checking with Staples in their copy area and see if they might be able to get the image onto transfer paper for me.
Thanks!

Sorry for the late response.

The answer is simply "It depends on which brand transfer you're using"
I have used Avery's on Laser Jets and even used them @ FedEx Kinkos' huge Industrial Laser Printers with Success. The Wilton transfer's have a plastic feel and there always the possibility of them jamming/melting (Especially In the Industrial Printers I mentioned)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter