Denise's Days (Comments Welcome!)

Just caught up with journal and you are doing so great! I'm like you I'm happy if I maintain when faced with chaios.

Have a great day!

~Amanda

:wave2: Hi Denise,
You sound like you have a great plan there working on maintaining until the summer when you have more time :D . I'm so jealous of you counter :teeth: ! You'll be seeing Mickey in less than two weeks. Hope you have a wonderful day today :sunny: !

Okay Denise, that sounds like a great plan. You are back in your size 6s already, so GOOD for you. Maintaining sounds like a very good plan!::yes::
I hope you are enjoying your track practices this week. We are getting snow today. Kids had early dismissal from school today. Who knows what will happen for tomorrow, they are predicting 5 to 10 inches!!:crazy: Boy oh boy, do I want spring!!:Pinkbounc
Take good care of you Denise! Check in often and let us know how you are doing!
TTFN-
Sharon

hey denise, you've definitely got a good plan for the rest of the school year. you've already made such great progress, and since you know you always lose better in the summer, no need to try to force it now. having a goal of just not gaining is a good one ::yes:: . and you are getting so so close to your trip to disney!!! i am so so so jealous!! hehe. you're going to have such a great time :)

hope you have a great day :sunny:

Hi Denise,
Glad you had a good weekend. Me too. Have a great week.:sunny:

Judy

Denise, great to hear that you're doing well. Spring time in Indiana, got to love the weather! Have fun with the track stuff.

Enjoy your spring break trip!

Seems like you are doing realy well, despite being busy. I know how you feel. Everything will be a lot better in a few days when you get to go to WDW!!! YAY! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Keep up the good work.

and take some time to relax girl! You're gonna end up like me. LOL

But seriously take some time out. Your walks with DH are a good way to do that. Keep it up.

Talk to you soon.

Karen

Denise, I love your idea of just maintaining until the end of the school year. Your life sounds hectic enough, you eat the same stuff (for the most part) daily, you're getting your exercise in with the track team - maintenance sounds like the perfect plan for now.

Only 10 days until you see Mickey!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Wow! Thank you all for stopping by--I love you guys! This week has been pretty good. We have a ton of kids out for track. Here's my exercise for the week so far:

Monday: ran 1.25 mile, plyometrics

Tuesday: thanks to you unpredictable IN weather (as Lisa can attest to) we were inside for practice and we did stations. There are 5 coaches so we had five stations and I did the plyo stations, which essentially comes down to a bunch of different ways to jump and jump and jump :P :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc I literally jumped for about an hour b/c I was dumb enough to do it for 5 min. with each group and they all went through twice. I've found they're more productive though when you do it with them. It was fun, but I'm still a little sore today. :P Then later that night I rode the bike for an hour while watching some tv.

Wednesday: We were inside again. :rolleyes: This time I took a sprinting station and we sent the 6th graders home so we only had 4 groups and we only went through once. So, I sprinted for five minutes with 3 of the four groups. Then I ran 2.5 miles in the school--that's always fun and boring.

Today we canceled practice b/c we're all sick of being inside and it was cold and rainy. I haven't done anything yet, but I think I need to make myself get on the bike--we'll see, but now that I said to you guys I think I have to. :P

I've been doing well w/ food. The PTO provided lunch for us yesterday and I did have some dessert, but I planned on it. DH and I are officially doing the single-digit dance for our spring trip--I'm getting really excited and am okay w/ the fact that I will not have met my first goal b/c I just can't lose during the school year. Life is too hectic and I'm not going to stress over it. I want to thank all of you again for your support--you are all great! Take care--TTYL! :sunny:

Yikes! My legs would be screaming if I jumped that much!

I'm so jealous! Single digits to WDW! Take me with you puhleese!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hope you have a great Friday and a great rest of the weekend!

:wave2: Hi Denise,
Can't say I blame you guys for being sick of having indoor practice. The kids I watch and my own ds are about ready to start climbing the walls if we don't get back to the nice spring weather again soon :crazy: . Here's to hoping next week brings us all some :sunny: ! Have a great day!

Hi Denise! I am sick of the weather too!! We've had 3 straight days of snow!:mad: Two days of delayed openings and no school today - ARRRGGGHHHHH!I can't wait for spring!!
Single digit dance! WOOHOO!!!! How wonderful, with all this dreary weather to know you'll be in FL in a few days!!!:sunny: If that doesn't put a spring in your step, I don't know what will!
Wow! I am super impressed with all that exercise! Could you loan some of it to me? I can't seem to get up off my duff these days....:rolleyes:
Well have a great weekend Denise! Ihope it is warm and :sunny: for you!
TTFN-
Sharon

hey denise! it's good to see you back again :)

aaaaah, track practices indoors used to drive me crazy!! so much better to be able to get out into the fresh air. but at least it's still helping you get some exercise in.

single digit dance :bounce: :Pinkbounc woooo! congrats, congrats, congrats! :hyper:

have a great weekend :sunny:

Desiree~My legs were very sore this week! I know it's not from the running, so it has to be the jumping. The pain has inspired me to use the jump rope a few days after practice, but not for such long periods of time. :p

Valerie~I think we all have spring fever! It was nice here today (minus some rain in the afternoon), but it's going to be cold the next two days--YUCK!

Sharon~A little extra energy is on its way to you, but I really don't have much to spare. I took a two hour nap before I went to bed the other night! It wears me out trying to keep up with my track team. I hope the weather gets better for you--NO MORE SNOW! K, hope that helps--here's some sunshine for you--:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: I think it was Marcia who said we should try to spread it!

Marcia~Thanks for stopping by--we got to practice outside on Friday and it was really nice outside. The two indoor practices really killed our kids though and they're definitely on their way to getting into shape--have to love running up and down the stairs!

Thank you all for taking time to stop by--it really means a lot to me.

Friday: plyometrics, ran 3 miles, 2 100 sprints, 115 crunches This was a good workout, but my distance kids ran 3 200 sprints in addition--can't say I'm sorry I "sat" those out! :p

Saturday: DH and I went for an hour walk earlier and barely beat the rain! I definitely consider this exercise b/c we walk about 13 min. miles. I'm planning on getting on the bike later as well--I'll let you know tomorrow. ;)

Food has been great! I feel really full from dinner, but actually didn't eat that much. DH and I are getting ready to make some chocolate chip cookies with Splenda and egg whites and 1/2 the chips! I'll let you know how they turn out. Probably still not great for you, but by taking out the sugar, most of the fat, and the cholesterol...

Let's just say I'll let you know how they taste. ;) :p

Enjoy the rest of the weekend--ttyl! :sunny:

Hi Denise:teeth: Sounds like you had a very good week. Now only one week more and you're off to see Mickey! I hope you have another good week. Say :wave2: to Mickey for me please.

Wow you are doing great! Jump ropes! Uggh I 'm not coordinated enough for those things!!! :teeth: But they are a great way to tone those not used very much muscles!!! Keep up the good work and tell Pluto hi from me! :)

those choc chip cookies sound good...i'm definitely interested in how they came out. and if they tasted good, i'm definitely interested in the recipe :p

hope you had a great weekend :sunny:

less than a week till disney for you :teeth:

4 days to go!!!!!!! Are you packed yet?? Are you ready?? :hyper: Better get busy!::yes:: hehe I'm just envious can you tell??:o Hope the rest of your week goes by fast.

Desiree--I'll give Pluto your hello! I can't believe how close it is; we were originally only planning on going this summer--I'm so excited!

Marcia--The cookies were actually really good, but still bad for you. The butter is what actually makes them unhealthy, so while we did improve their health content... We end up giving them to my niece and nephew so we wouldn't eat them all! I do think, however, that they are a good alternative if you have to have them. All we did was use the regular recipe for cc cookies and substitute Splenda for the sugar and two egg whites for the egg and used just half the chips. Conclusion: yummy, but probably not worth it. :p

Judy--Unfortunately we are not packed yet. We did, however, adjust our list from last year to what we're taking this time. We also have all the new toiletries purchased and Magix for a couple mornings. I was planning of packing last weekend, but... The suitcases are sitting in our room and they will be filled eventually! :p Tomorrow is our last day of school before break so we have all of Friday and Saturday to worry about the little things.

Here's exercise over the last few days:

Sunday: bike 50min. and abs

Monday: Day off (I had my 3 hour mentor class after school)

Tuesday: I tried running and my leg cramped up :mad: I don't know what I did, but it's still really sore today. I end up doing plyometrics and jumping rope (500) I know it's not much, but everytime I though I worked the cramp out of my upper quad, it proved me wrong when I tried to run. DH asked me to please take tonight off, but I'll jog a little and see how it feels (I promise I will stop if it hurts too badly). ;)

I have been eating way too much this week; I think I'm just ready for a break and time seems to go faster when I'm eating??? Oh well, I'll get back on schedule after vacation. My nephew sent us a picture this week of him and Stitch at WDW! He wanted us to have it because we bought hime a Stitch stuffed animal last year and since then he's been hooked on Stitch! He's so cute! I hope everyone is doing well. I will definitely check in again before I leave. Have a great day! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter