Delete Thread

I’m so glad you liked it! I was actually a little nervous to post this lol. I searched similar videos beforehand just to see what others did and was surprised that one of the top ones had so many negative comments. Apparently many people were offended by the reaction this one couple had to the chocolate :rotfl:

I quite liked the buttons :laughing: I saw that about Cadbury while I was looking stuff up what a shame! We have Cadbury here too, but I’ve heard it’s different. I did used to like the Cadbury bars here with caramel.

We tried some Galaxy Minstrels is that the same? (I had to cut out a few for times’ sake). I think we liked those. We also did have some terrible crispy M&M’s too. Though I wasn’t sure if that was because the M&M is different or because of the crispy part. (We have crispy ones here but I’ve never had them).

I don’t mind mint that much in candy, but I don’t really look for it. I prefer it in gum. That was very minty. It’s the only one Nina spit out though she claimed to like it:rotfl:

I would’ve liked some giant chocolate :rotfl:

I’ve heard that before of Hershey’s :rotfl:I don’t much care for the taste either. It’s far too sweet. I find most popular American candies are & I don’t really eat them. Which is why I really wanted to try UK chocolate. I mostly eat Lindt & Godiva chocolate. (Which aren’t American chocolates, but have U.S. factories so are probably still different than they are elsewhere). Oh and a local place called Uncle Sam’s has really good chocolate covered oreos, but they’re really local I think there's only one.

Thank you!

Outside of galaxy, if I`m going to eat chocolate it`ll be Lindt. I didn`t mind Godiva and Kyle really likes it too. Cadbury Dairy Milk and Lindt dark usually are his favourites.

Yes, Minstrels are Galaxy too, and although I`m not fond of crispy shells they`re ok. But, Ripple is another galaxy product that`s so good along with just the regular galaxy bar......lush!!

Not sure how someone can get offended because someone doesn`t like their brands of chocolate.....lol......definitely each to their own. I did smile at your sister spitting out the aero but actually liking it......that was funny!

Now, as a non chocolate eater usually, I`m craving some galaxy :duck:

I hate peppermint flavours, so I`ve never had the aero, but the orange aero is lush! I`m not the biggest chocolate eater in the world, but enjoy the Twirl and wispa on occasion. And do like a munchie..haven`t had one of those for years! They used to do a similar one called Mintola, that were mint naturally.....I didn`t like them either.....can you guess I`m not a fan of mint!

Ha this made me laugh because I was gonna post that I love the Aero peppermint lol. We have a lot of the British candy here in Canada too, or you can get it in the International section at Walmart lol.

I belong to this candy swap group on FB and you can swap boxes of candy and junk food with people from all over the world! It's kind of on hold right now because it's hard to go shopping with the pandemic, but it's been pretty fun! If you want to try some Canadian junk food I'm happy to send you some lol

Ha this made me laugh because I was gonna post that I love the Aero peppermint lol. We have a lot of the British candy here in Canada too, or you can get it in the International section at Walmart lol.

I belong to this candy swap group on FB and you can swap boxes of candy and junk food with people from all over the world! It's kind of on hold right now because it's hard to go shopping with the pandemic, but it's been pretty fun! If you want to try some Canadian junk food I'm happy to send you some lol

lol......I`m doing a trying to be healthy phase.....trying being the operative word, but thank you! That sounds a good swap group...

We enjoyed some Canadian no bake treats over Christmas. I had been sent some recipes from relatives, that included Moose Farts, Chocolate Coconut Balls, various Nanaimo bars and one of our favourites cherry marshmallow balls.....they were all very, very popular in our house! I think it was something like Rock Recipes the name of the collection. And all uniquely Canadian apparently.

We liked them a lot...... ::yes::

We enjoyed some Canadian no bake treats over Christmas. I had been sent some recipes from relatives, that included Moose Farts, Chocolate Coconut Balls, various Nanaimo bars and one of our favourites cherry marshmallow balls.....they were all very, very popular in our house! I think it was something like Rock Recipes the name of the collection. And all uniquely Canadian apparently.

Hilarious!! The only one of those I have heard of (and tried) are Nanaimo bars...love them!! Moose Farts? LoL @Raeven I think you need to try those lol

Hilarious!! The only one of those I have heard of (and tried) are Nanaimo bars...love them!! Moose Farts? LoL @Raeven I think you need to try those lol

lol.....before lockdown we had my friends granddaughter and made some with her, she said that was a rude word and we should instead call them reindeer balls.......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

She‘s almost 5.

Outside of galaxy, if I`m going to eat chocolate it`ll be Lindt. I didn`t mind Godiva and Kyle really likes it too. Cadbury Dairy Milk and Lindt dark usually are his favourites.

Lindt is so good! I wonder if ours is different here.

Not sure how someone can get offended because someone doesn`t like their brands of chocolate.....lol......definitely each to their own. I did smile at your sister spitting out the aero but actually liking it......that was funny!

Lol that's what I thought, but some of those videos had such mean comments on them. :rotfl:

That would be really cool!

Moose Farts :rotfl:

Lol yes I want to try Moose Farts!

Lindt is so good! I wonder if ours is different here.

Lol that's what I thought, but some of those videos had such mean comments on them. :rotfl:

That would be really cool!

Moose Farts :rotfl:

Lol yes I want to try Moose Farts!

I think the Lindt in America is exactly the same as in the UK........it is so gorgeous!

Here is the recipe for reindeer balls as we now call them.......or Moose Farts if you`re Canadian........the no bake recipes from this guy are gorgeous!!

Mine ended up looking like footballs.....British footballs....I got impatient making them so small......lol.......

Little language difference......we call graham crackers digestive biscuits......yes, different type of biscuit!

Ingredients
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 300 ml Canada, 14 oz US
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups dried coconut, fine or medium cut
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • Additional graham crumbs for rolling the cookie balls.

Instructions
  1. Melt the butter and and combine it with the sweetened condensed milk & vanilla extract until well blended.
  2. Add the graham crumbs, coconut and chocolate chips. Mix to combine well.
  3. Refrigerate for an hour or so before rolling the mixture into 1 1/4 inch balls. You want to make these on the smallish side as they are quite rich.
  4. Roll the balls in additional graham crumbs and once again chill until firm.
  5. Refrigerate in a sealed container to store.

moose-M.jpg

(Picture and recipe from Rock Recipes)

I wish we could go to Epcot right now :rotfl:
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha thank you! I keep a list of ideas in a notebook. I write them down when I think of one. Most of them I come up with (although I’ve found pretty much all of them have been done by someone before lol) and some of them are inspired by other videos I’ve seen. (For instance I think trying British candy was a trend on youtube in 2016, and I’ve seen other videos of it. But I’ve always wanted to do it). If we’re doing something that’s been done before I try to kind of put a new spin on it.
Looking forward to what you come up with next :thumbsup2 The naco looked delicious--and that cheese sauce!? Yum. That's a great idea for cutting/peeling avocados. I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I never know how to cut anything to begin with :rotfl::rotfl:

Thank you for the recipe! This may be a video in the future :thumbsup2

Thank you! The cheese sauce is so good! It's Josh's secret recipe :rotfl: It took a lot of trial and error. See I think it's a good way to peel them! Josh thinks I tear into them like an animal lol, but I'm terrible at cutting things too and I always get nervous I'll cut myself by accident (because it's happened before).

I look forward to that video......you know you have to do it now....... ::yes::::yes::::yes::

Oh, the nostalgia in this video! I LOVED Oregon Trail and used to play it all the time! I don't remember there being so much math and strategy though... :rotfl: Thanks for bringing back a taste of childhood for me! :thumbsup2

I just realized I forgot to post this the other day! There won’t be a video this weekend, because we’re celebrating Valentine's Day early but I’

Playing Nostalgic PC Games

As a non computer game playing child of the 1980`s........you totally lost me on this one :rotfl:

I heard of Pacman does that count :laughing:.......and one of my brothers had an Atari in the late 70`s where we played some kind of tennis that was the slowest thing you ever saw in your life.......that`s my computer game heritage.....:thumbsup2

Yum! That looks super good. I've always thought that I would be so annoyed if I was in a cooking competition and the host was stressing me out by asking questions! (not that I would EVER be in a cooking competition :laughing:) So I literally LOLed when you said "I know you only have 5 minutes left, but I have some questions" :rotfl: Another great video! Did you change up the intro a little bit recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter