December

ratdog9

Mouseketeer
anyone know what temps are like in December ? Was wondering if it is warm enough for the pools

Thx

Usually it's warm enough for swimming and you'll be sweating in the parks. It's only cool if a cold front happens to come through. But you won't know until about a week from your trip.

Temps are usually very pleasant in the high 70's/low 80's with a lot less humidity vs summer.

Last few years christmas day hasn't really felt like Christmas when you go outside and it's 85. However it can get extremely cold if we get a cold front. Believe it was 2010 when Disney was about 30-40 degrees about Dec 17th.

So Florida "winter" can really vary. It can be high 30's or it can be in the 90's

Average high is 72.
Average low is 52.
It can easily vary by a lot though.
I've been in December when it was in the mid 80's during the day and mid 60's at night.
I've also been when its in the mid 60's during the day and mid 40's at night.
Definitely bring the swimsuits.
Even if its a bit chilly the pools are heated to 82 year round.

We were there on December 26th last year and it was cold. Much too cold to swim, even in a heated pool.

we visited in early December 2017. 3 nights before a 7 day cruise and 3 nights after.

The nights before the highs were in the 80s. great weather and we enjoyed a day at typhoon lagoon.

we returned from the cruise to Orlando with temps literally just above freezing and one night it got down to freezing or a degree below. they closed the water parks and eventually the resort pools. it was definitely unusually cold.

So wide variation is possible.

SW

My last December trip, in 2005, I wore jeans and a jacket pretty much the whole time. I remember the bus stopped at Typhoon Lagoon and there wasn't a single car in the parking lot. LOL I am going again the end of Nov/Dec this year and will have no clue what clothes to pack until I see the weather forecast. I hope it won't be too chilly.

When we were there in December, it was easily warm enough to swim but I understand the temperatures can vary. As someone said previously, the pools are heated so temperatures in the 70s still result in a nice swimming experience. It probably tells you something that generally the water parks are open in December but may be subject to refurbishing in January-February.

When we were there in December, it was easily warm enough to swim but I understand the temperatures can vary. As someone said previously, the pools are heated so temperatures in the 70s still result in a nice swimming experience. It probably tells you something that generally the water parks are open in December but may be subject to refurbishing in January-February.
Actually in general only one of the water parks is open in December. One usually closes for refurb in late October and reopens in early January and then the other will close between January and March. Plus both are subject to close if the temps are low.

We once experienced colder temps in Orlando in December than here at home in PA! I also remember a pretty chilly mid-January trip. But it really can vary quite a bit. Hopefully you will have much more temperate conditions. Keep an eye on the weather for the weeks leading up to your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!