December 4,2004 !!!

you need to fill out a charge form, a contract and embarkation/deabark per preson if I recall correctly (we don't have ours yet) I heard they have done away with the bahamas immigration form

I hope my TA calls me tomorrow with news on our docs. Our whole family is so excited. Now we just have a big event for my moms group this Thursday, T-giving next Thursday and then it will be the Thursday before and the last minute packing will begin! I have to find my scale so I can make sure none of our checked luggage gets over 50 pounds! Hope you guys will tell my g-ma, Mouse, Happy Birthday if you see her onboard. We will have six year olds (a boy and girl), Barrett and Cassidy and a 3 YO, Gwen, and Carrigan my 6 month old baby. I don't know if any of you have read my prior posts since noone has mentioned them I hope you have - we really want to make this extra excoting for mouse. We are super praying that the kids all get along great and love the club. I know Cassidy does because she's been twice and likes that sort of thing. Anyway, talk to you all soon! Shawn

You have gone thru the past year with my trials of PTg DD. Well, last Monday after taking away all of her dress up & Princess things I finally decided to play tough. She could no longer go to school unless she was going on the potty with big girl pants. Well, once she realized that I wasn't going to budge & she wouldn't see her friends if she didn't comply, she took those princess pullups off & threw them in the trash & ran up to her room to get the underwear from her room. Since then she has had 2 accidents, both on the second day & the 2nd one because she couldn't unsnap her jeans :rolleyes: so she is now FULLY & COMPLETELY PTD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc She went from 8 until 2 using the bathroom without a problem so she could do it & I planned on having her wear underwear for the few times she wants to go to the club but now I really don't have to worry about checking up on her as much and she is very excited to be able to go there with her big brother & Sophie in a couple weeks!!!

John, she took out the picture of the kids at the pool this summer & said that she will be happy to see her friend on the ship. :)

Lisa...Congrats I know what a struggle that can be.

Natalie...she would die if she knew I was telling this....was early doing everything....early teeth, talking, walking, eating solid food, etc...so I thought Man this pt is going to be a snap...WRONG.....
I thought she'd go to her wedding in pull ups.......then one night she got herself out of the bath tub....put on her pj's and big girl underwear!!! I said Where is your pull up? She said Oh I'm not wearing those anymore...and she had one or two accidents...and that was it.

When they make up their minds....then their minds are made up and they go for it.

I can't wait to meet my birthday girl....I might have a surprise for her.......

Anyone else get Docs????????????

17 days.....I don't think I can stand it.....

Phyllis

So Phyllis, when will the wine & cheese be in your stateroom? Are we going to try to meet at the sail away? We will be on the dance floor and DH will be taping everything. That starts at 4:30, right. Is anyone going to make up nametags to ID them as DISers? We will be booking brunch either Monday or Thursday. Let's just set a time & whoever shows has a ball! :)

We want to do brunch Mon or Thurs, too. It's just going to be my mom, sis , gma and me. We are very excited - got the docs yesterday from my TA. Super news! See you there! Shawn

It was nice to have them, took Mike to the doctor today, he has not stopped coughing since his pnuemonia this fall, she put him on a "zip pack" for the next five days, it is a double dose of zythromax for today and then a single dose the next four days, she also gave him some codeine cough syrup with a strong antihistamine in it, Funny she said the BEST thing for him would be the caribbean with the nice salty sea air and warm temps :)
It has been so cold and gloomy here for weeks, it is hard to beleive we are so close, I gotta get started on my reportcards or my boss won't let me go!:eek:
We have not even begun to do anything to get organized, I guess after thanksgiving I will get moving.

Lisa....Dahling......

I have one of those little bitty' stateroooms......somebody has a suite I think...Flexsmom I think....I'd love to host a meet...but alas there will not be even enough room for PTDQ clothes and make-up.

Maybe we should try to meet about 3 in Preludes or someplace like that. Or at The Outlook Bar..somewhere where it is cool inside.

Brunch either day will be great...just let me know which one
so I can book another one for the other day!!! Last year I was
sick on our brunch day and did NOT get to enjoy it. I'm planning on enjoying it this year. When I only drink one glass of champagne...then you know I'm sick!!!!!!!!!!

More later....gotta go get the PTDQ from ballet.................

Phyllis

Ann... a Z Pack is the only thing that works for me.

Give him plenty of Vit C. There are chewable ones that we give
Nat...I think its 500 mgs a day. And her little Scooby Doo regular vitamins.

Take care, see you soon

Phyllis

Hey phyliss,
Right off of our staterooms (we are neighbors you know) is the "secret aft deck" wouldn't it be fun if we had everyone bring one bottle of wine from home, we could all order a "all hands on deck" cheese platter and bring a bottle to the secret deck and we could do our own wine tasting !
Jay and I plan on doing the ships wine tasting if anyone wants to join us btw.

maybe it is called a z pack :) it is a green little card with 6 pink zithromax pills in it,
I wish they gave me one, I am sneezing up a storm of late-
lots of my preschoolers are sick and of course
I AM the KLEENEX! I love them dearly but I need to be well for this trip I REALLY need it :)

Sorry, Phyllis DAHLING! LOL! It's been so long that I forgot who it was. :) I don't even know everyone's names anymore since the site was wiped clean. :( We could just plan that on the ship when we see how things go. I was just saying that we were talking about going to brunch those days. Who knows, we may meet up with some of you there. I thought that they frowned on big groups. They gave us an issue about 10 people for high tea but we finally got what we wanted. :) I don't even know what we would need to make reservations for someone else with the deposit required. Could we just request to sit with another party that morning prior to going to Palo? It is going to be enough stress for me to even go in line for resies since we didn't do it last time at all. I also want to request our previous server.

I finished up our Christmas cards tonight. I just need to get stamps & put the foil seals on the back. There are letters & pictures of the kids inside. I will mail them out next week. This weekend I will be packing the kid's clothes in zip locks. I put the clothes I will choose from in the corner of our room last weekend when I took out the sweaters. DD & my dresses are hanging on the shower rod in our bathroom and I even shortened two long tank dresses that I didn't wear last year. TOTALLY changed the look & they are now both in the bring pile!!! :) Sunday I am making DH take the tree down from the loft. Wednesday the kids & I will put it up & decorate it. I want to be able to relax when we get back. Oh, I also picked up an adorable Santa tie for DS to wear...probably at semi-formal night. I got DD some princess socks & panties to get on the ship too. princess:

The next two days are going to be busy with finalizing the fund raiser at DS's school. After that is finished I will feel like I can work on getting ready for the cruise finally. I want to finish putting the final pockets in DS's teacher's library too so that the kids can start checking out the books. I spent yesterday cleaning out her classroom closet emptying all of the boxes that had books in them & reorganizing the rest of it. :rolleyes:

Anne, forgot to mention that I sure hope that all of you are feeling better very soon!!! I am filling a refil of DS's antibiotics just in case his allergies get too bad & will bring DD's Rx cough medicine just in case too. Neither is contageous...just sinuses so it will be an easy fix. Unfortunantly, I have gotten too use to this.

Lisa, You sound so impressive! We are getting our family pics taken next Tuesday and I will order cards then (if they turn out ) I really do not think I'll even get a chance to address them before we leave. I definitely won't mail them b/c I can't pick them up until we get back. I guess I should count how many I need to buy. Anyway, tomorrow is the big even t I have been working on - it is a craft/ art show for our Mom's group with 40 vendors. It is a huge set up and been lots of work since mid August. I will be glad when it's over. Then I can really focus on T-giving and the cruise! Yeah! Shawn

Hi guys....just a quick note before I actually have to start to work....

If PJ is back..I might be able to make a ressie before we get on the ship...if I can get his email address.

Let me do some checking..if not...we could probably make it on the ship.

Later.....
Phyllis

Well, that would definantly help us out so no resie wait! Keeping fingers crossed here!!! :) Sounds like quite a weekend for the craft fair too! Lots of fun!

The fund raiser is doing so well here so I have arranged to have DD taken to PS & picked up so that I can work with the other 2 people to finalize our order & receipts. Hopefully it wont be as crazy as it sounds.

Wow . . . I had a lot of catching up to do. Amy and I are almost at the point of high stress in thinking about all we have to do before we leave, and like a bunch of the rest of you, I am on a Z-pack, and Amy went to the doctor today and got huge horsepills of amoxacillin. We have both had the coughs, colds, etc. and are asking the doctor for an antibiotic for Sophia because we know she'll be next!

Lisa of course puts us all to shame with all she has ready! We have had such a busy few months, and really need this vacation. I have been spending too long at the office, as has Amy, there have been a ton of school things going on, as well as school board stuff, and Alex interviewed at three universities over the weekend for their accelerated BS/MD program that he hopes to enter next year (Alex, DS 17, will not be with us as he is a senior).

So, we have NOTHING packed, only our hall Christmas tree up, football playoffs and a Browns :( game this weekend and NO TIME! Arghhhhhh! I think I am going to spend tomorrow night hanging lights outside and coughing.

Somehow, I know we will make it, but it seems almost like it is coming too fast!

Lisa, Sophia can't wait to see William and Caitlyn again, and last night just HAD to wear her new Minnie Christmas nightie that we got her for the cruise.

And FINALLY, NO DOC'S HERE! I have never gotten them this late before - and hope they come soon.

Hopefully we can get a meet organized and get together on the cruise. I will be wearing my DCL navy blue cap with my CC pin and lime green ribbon under it!

John

Hey all...two weeks and counting....we are actually going to single digits for our florida trip...we are spending 5 nights at the Beach Club before the cruise....looking forward to some the holiday decorations and all the different holiday activities...especially the MVMCP.....

What happens if we don't get our docs...Has it ever happened before....and a little note on the home front....they are starting to work on our home on Monday...hard to believe that it has taken this long since our home burnt down on July 4th....but we should with some luck by the beginning of February.....

See ya all soon....

Tom

We go single digits tomorrow too!!!! :) :) :) :) Such good news on the progress of your home!!!

I have read that you can check in at the terminal without your docs. I would call DCL & alert them of that before you leave. They may be able to forward a copy of them to where you are staying at WDW.

Hi all. It's been a few weeks since I've checked in. I was just starting to really get excited - and we got our docs(!) - when my boss landed the big, fat bomb on me yesterday. Yes, folks, she wants me to cancel my entire trip - with assurances that the company would reimburse me for everything. How do I explain DVC points that were borrowed to her? Not exactly "reimbursable" if you know what I mean. I told her about this trip 9 months ago and I've broken my neck to get a proposal done as much as possible before leaving. Unfortunately my government client chose to have the due date for this thing smack in the middle of our trip. I have 16 family members meeting us after the cruise at WDW to celebrate mom and dad's 50th anniversary - and I planned the whole thing. Now this? I'm furious and ready to tell them to pound sand regardless of what the ultimate career fallout might be. Sorry - had to vent. I want to cry. How do I look at my 5-year old and tell her we can't go - or even worse, that she and DS are going alone with my DH and I'm staying behind! I think she'd take that one even harder! (As would I.....) UGH! This is when I'm supposed to be getting pumped up! Sorry to drag anyone down.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter