December 2024 Check In Thread

We will be in the parks December 27, 28 and 30. We are planning a down day on the 29th. Renting a car and probably going to Newport Beach.
This will be our first time going during the insane holiday crowds. 😲

In December, does the World of Color show run nightly or only on weekends?

I know the Disneyland fireworks are likely just on Friday and Saturday nights. Not sure if WOC has the same restrictions.

Thanks!
There’s a way to find last year’s showtimes on touring plans. I can never remember if you can link external on here or not but either way, I looked it up for you (and me in turn). For Nov 30, 2023 (a Thursday) to the Sunday, it’s on the Thursday and Friday. Same with the following week so I think it should be every day and I think it usually is always?

Started our dining reservations yesterday. Scored a Trader Sam’s lunch which was my biggest worry.
OMG I almost forgot those are coming up! Glad you got your TS res. That's always a relief :)

Once again I find that I will be away from home when it's time to make all of my dining reservations. Dang. We always go to the Pismo area for DH's birthday, which almost always seems to be the week to make dining reservations for my Dec trips.

Making dining reservations on a daily basis now. So far managed to snag River Belle Terrace Brunch for Fantasmic and Ogas Cantina for morning tea. I wanted the Plaza Inn Holiday Parade Package for the 5th of December but they haven't dropped yet. As I am in Australia the time difference is proving problematic but I have been getting up at 5:00am (11am LA time) and getting what I want so far. Tonight though I am going to stay up till midnight as I want to get Storytellers Cafe dinner for WOC and they seem to be selling out fast. Still got to get a Princess Breakfast too which will be another late night. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I’m going for Lamplight later today. Of course, on a train right now and it’ll be super late when I get home so I don’t know that I’m setting an alarm to grab one right away. I’ll snag one when I wake up for work I think.

My wife and I have started planning a spur of the moment trip December 26-28. We'll be bringing our 11 and 6 year old. Been to WDW a bunch and brought the kids to DLR in February. How have the holiday crowds been at DLR since reopening? Are they crazy or can you get a decent amount done if you use LLMP religiously?

I’m going for Lamplight later today. Of course, on a train right now and it’ll be super late when I get home so I don’t know that I’m setting an alarm to grab one right away. I’ll snag one when I wake up for work I think.
Did you have success?

My wife and I have started planning a spur of the moment trip December 26-28. We'll be bringing our 11 and 6 year old. Been to WDW a bunch and brought the kids to DLR in February. How have the holiday crowds been at DLR since reopening? Are they crazy or can you get a decent amount done if you use LLMP religiously?
I'm not totally sure about this, since I've never been that close to Christmas, but I think it's actually not terrible since so many are blocked out. I could be wrong about that, though. I have the top level pass and I am blocked the 2 weeks around Christmas and I know the other passes are, too. I just don't know what the ticket-buying crowd looks like at that time.

I'm not totally sure about this, since I've never been that close to Christmas, but I think it's actually not terrible since so many are blocked out. I could be wrong about that, though. I have the top level pass and I am blocked the 2 weeks around Christmas and I know the other passes are, too. I just don't know what the ticket-buying crowd looks like at that time.
Thank that helps. Since it is a local heavy park hopefully that crowd will be lighter and the normal dated ticket guests will go to WDW.

While Disney is begging people to come next year....Chritmas time seems to be packed

Its hard to get some dates for MK at Disneyland somedays...we are two months out. Like my god

No idea how lower MK do it with only 3 slots

MK holders visit the parks differently than regular ticket holders. You'll find a greater percentage of people purchasing LLMP during the last two weeks of the year. You'll also find more people in the parks in the early morning and late evenings compared to the rest of the year.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest