DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hope all you guys with the bad tickers get it sorted out.

Heart disease. It’s a terrible thing.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the Mizners bar for Docs leaving drinks has to take Mary Poppins home. And let me tell ya, if she gives you a spoonful of sugar, it's goin' down. And she has an amazing tongue twister.

:lmao:
I got nothing to top that.
Spit spot.

She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule. They go back. I don't know

If he lays into you, best to let him finish.

Hope it goes ok mate. We can all sit here and say "tell em to shove it where the sun don't shine" but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck fella.
I'll call it in a couple of hours.
As I said mixed emotions...that was definitely one of the thoughts that went through my head.

Morning folks.
Must be a very strange feeling.
Perhaps not as strange as it could be considering you're returning, albeit in a new way.
It is a bit....being let go because I make too much (probably), but we'll pay you to come back. (See comment to Dan above)

Morning Gents,
That would be a strange feeling. Will you be going back as a contractor?
I will. They initially tried to low ball me, but I wouldn't accept that. Not that I tried to be a jerk about it or hold it over them, but they need me more than I need them.

Have a great weekend gents and GO IRISH!
Sorry about all this. Like Dan said easy to say the heck with hard to not take the cash even if it's low balled. Enjoy the weekend and head out early, what are they gonna do, fire ya?

:rotfl:
Well, I wasn't fired, I was RIF'ed. Not low balled (although they tried somewhat). Still won't be making the same money, because I'll be part time, but it gives me more time off with the family, so not a bad deal overall. Still kinda a sour/bitter taste though.

Norm, I’ve just joined your tennis club. See you in 9 hrs mate. My balls are packed.

:lmao: They close at 6 PM. What time will I see you there?

Happy Friday gents. My last day as an employee today. They want me to come back as a contractor part time since they need me and my knowledge, but don't want to pay me what I'm worth. I love bean counters.
Still have mixed emotions about it, but really glad it's Friday!!! I might be calling it early today, but probably not as early (for us on this side of the pond) as Dan.

That stinks. Is the pay anywhere worth it? One of the reasons i stay at one job is that it allows me flexibility to work the other.

And what the bojangles has happened to my ticker?

We have a Bojangles restaurant. It serves good fried chicken and biscuits.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the Mizners bar for Docs leaving drinks has to take Mary Poppins home. And let me tell ya, if she gives you a spoonful of sugar, it's goin' down. And she has an amazing tongue twister.

Mizner's is one of my favorites. I'll take Mary and that spoonful sugar there.

Happy Friday. It is still way too cold here, but managed to cut the grass for first time since October Fall Break.

Fair play to you mate, I'd have put their nuts through the mangle

That's why you're 007.

Not the way I'm wired mate. Maybe that's why I've never landed that CEO gig we were talking about...not fond of screwing people over.

Screwing people over is one way to succeed in life. There are others. Sure, I would like to have millions in the bank and multiple vacation homes. I don't. But, i have a really good life and will enjoy it.

Really looking forward to fried chicken on the Carolina/Georgia tour. Can't say the same about biscuits and gravy.

Its a nice lounge. I still prefer the drinks at Sam's, though.

As for the lounge, I'll go with atmosphere. I'm more a beer and bourbon neat guy than foo foo drinks.

Biscuits n milk gravy are the best. Do you not like them the usa way - full of extra fat & cholesterol? I like to half the biscuit, put a poached egg on each half, and then smother that in gravy. I can hear my arteries clog and scream, that's eating, boy! :lmao:

Today was a good day. Met a couple of college buddies for lunch. One (my college roommate) I see every couple of months and one I haven't seen in a couple of decades. Good time was had by all. First time eating at PF Changs, not bad but nothing to get excited about.

Happy Friday gents. My last day as an employee today. They want me to come back as a contractor part time since they need me and my knowledge, but don't want to pay me what I'm worth. I love bean counters.
Still have mixed emotions about it, but really glad it's Friday!!! I might be calling it early today, but probably not as early (for us on this side of the pond) as Dan.

I will. They initially tried to low ball me, but I wouldn't accept that. Not that I tried to be a jerk about it or hold it over them, but they need me more than I need them.

Sorry to hear today was the last day but glad you worked out getting your worth on the contracting job.

Back in the office for the day and then we start a long weekend. Remembrance Day is a stat holiday here so we are office Monday. Weather is crappy but it is mid November and it always seems to be rainy and cold on Remembrance Day.

Welcome back. Somehow it seems fitting Remembrance Day is cold and rainy. My dad worked at the VA and would bring a bunch of the artificial poppy flowers so I could give them out to my homeroom.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out.

Beat you to it. I got to the meeting place early so waited for them at the bar drinking a Bloody Mary. As I said, a good day today.

Have a great weekend gents and GO IRISH!

AHMEN! They are finally relevant again (briefly I hope) and all the bandwagon jumpers are out talking smack. I hope they beat the carp out of them. Worse, I have to hear it from the kid and her friends.

Thanks for the FIL Well Wishes gents

Missed that. Add my voice to the well wishes.

Screwing people over is one way to succeed in life. There are others. Sure, I would like to have millions in the bank and multiple vacation homes. I don't. But, i have a really good life and will enjoy it.

Same here. The non-profit world won't make you rich but it does make you feel better in the soul. Something CEOs had removed on their way up.

Biscuits n milk gravy are the best. Do you not like them the usa way - full of extra fat & cholesterol? I like to half the biscuit, put a poached egg on each half, and then smother that in gravy. I can hear my arteries clog and scream, that's eating, boy! :lmao:

Preach it Brother. Done right, a culinary delight. Tough to find good ones down here but in a pinch Cracker Barrel's will do.

We put clotted cream and jam (jelly) on them, with a pot of tea. Not any healthier.

Different taste but also delicious. Wish I could find clotted cream over here. And it is called "clotted" for a reason.

But the beers are way better at Sams, I think.

I liked Tambu Lounge better than Sam's. Don't get me wrong, Sam's is amazingly themed. But, don't like the bar all the way in the front, long table in the middle, and no windows makes it too claustrophobic.

Preach it Brother. Done right, a culinary delight. Tough to find good ones down here but in a pinch Cracker Barrel's will do.

Glad you enjoyed time with your friends. And yes, Cracker Barrel does a decent enough breakfast. I like their chicken fried chicken breakfast with the milk gravy, along with the biscuits and gravy.

Really looking forward to fried chicken on the Carolina/Georgia tour. Can't say the same about biscuits and gravy.
Well... If you get anywhere near Charlotte, stop by Price's Chicken Coop to the fried goods.
As for the biscuits & gravy, the best place to get the proper South'rn version of that would be my wife's kitchen.
Mmmmmmmm...

Today was a good day. Met a couple of college buddies for lunch. One (my college roommate) I see every couple of months and one I haven't seen in a couple of decades. Good time was had by all. First time eating at PF Changs, not bad but nothing to get excited about.

Sorry to hear today was the last day but glad you worked out getting your worth on the contracting job.

Welcome back. Somehow it seems fitting Remembrance Day is cold and rainy. My dad worked at the VA and would bring a bunch of the artificial poppy flowers so I could give them out to my homeroom.

Beat you to it. I got to the meeting place early so waited for them at the bar drinking a Bloody Mary. As I said, a good day today.

AHMEN! They are finally relevant again (briefly I hope) and all the bandwagon jumpers are out talking smack. I hope they beat the carp out of them. Worse, I have to hear it from the kid and her friends.

Missed that. Add my voice to the well wishes.

Same here. The non-profit world won't make you rich but it does make you feel better in the soul. Something CEOs had removed on their way up.

Different taste but also delicious. Wish I could find clotted cream over here. And it is called "clotted" for a reason.

Replying on my tablet, so mutliquoting is tough.
I'm still losing some money, but will have more free hours as well (part time), so I'm not concerned. I really could have gone several months without a paycheck, but this will help fund Disney in FEB. Part of me wants to be pissed because if they really need me (they do), just keep me on, but it seems to be all an accounting game where supposedly they make their end of year numbers. Evidently the contractor funds are from a different bucket. Did I mention I love bean counters. On the other hand, it's a blessing because I can take as much vacation as I want during thanksgiving or Christmas and I don't need anyone's approval.

When I park my RV in your yard, I'll make ya some real southern biscuits and gravy that's smack your momma good.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter