Dawn's Journal/Journey (post's welcome)

Beth ...thanks for checking in on me! I appreciate it ....I know you are a very busy lady and this coming week I plan on reading through some more of your journal as well as others who have sent me some support! Thank you so much!

Well....the "work marathon" is hopefully over for a while. Each weekend is still packed with lots of hours both days....it always is....but now I have some more down time during the week. I hope to really be able to concentrate on myself in this journey now. Had the day off today and ate OP so far and managed a 35 minute exercise session....WATP. I don't think It is possible to make the Sept challenge of 1000 minutes but hopefully I 'll be in the groove and there will be an October one!

I am concentrating on "changing it up a bit" and looking for new foods to eat. Also going to look on Amazon for maybe a new Dvd workout tape.

Have a wedding this weekend to go to . Will get to the reception late because of work. Will miss the cocktail hour ( which is actually good ) It is a cousin of DH that I have only really seen a few times in my life but it is always fun to get together with his family....very large, fun family. I will do the best I can to stay OP at the reception....sometimes thats not too hard...especially missing the goodies during cocktails! I might not even have any alchol....have to pick up kids after reception and be up at 4 am Sunday....so there is not likely going to be anything but maybe one glass of wine...If even that!

Going to go for now....put little ds down for a nap!

I really look forward to being able to spend some time in some of your journals! You are an amazing, inspirational group of women and I look forward to getting to know you guys a little better:D

Have a Healthy Day:sunny:
Dawn

Dawn, I'm so glad you had such a good day and that things are looking to calm down for you at work! :)

Have a great time at the wedding this weekend! :)

Hi Dawn,

I am so glad to hear that things have settled down a bit. Hopefully you can get some rest. As for the challenge, do your best. There is no actual pressure on anyone. You have some major work committments that need to be taken into account. Do what you can. Please don't burn yourself out.

If you are looking for new recipes, I's suggest that you check out lowcarbfriends.com. They have a major recipe board.
Have a good one,
Beth

It's been a week since I posted :(

I enjoy the journaling but am finding it hard to find the time to actually "do it". I do journal on my own at home and I don't want to give THAT up as I find it an invaluble tool for me in this journey! I also enjoy reading many of your journals when I find time to do it....a little inspiration is greatly appreciated! This is one great thing the journals do , I think . Someone can be an inspiration to so many others and not even know it. Just by writing about your normal day....someone else might find themselves in similar situations etc. That part of it is great. I am feeling a little guilty though for all who have posted in my journal...and I really can't re-ciprocate all of the time :confused: So sorry.

I will continue to post and maybe I will be able to "get it going" like I would really like to in the future.

Well now.....
So far ....so good this week! It is Thursday and I have eaten OP all week and excercised each day! I bought a pilates tape and used it this morning for the first time. Was pressed for time but will do more tomorrow....I think I am going to like it as an addition to the "aerobic" stuff!

I am getting into a "routine" now as some of the other "mommies" of little ones can identify with. School has started and that brings more structure to the week.....as I find I really need! Ds3 started at the Montessori School 3 1/2 days a week. They land on my days off so I have a couple hours to my self . I was thinking it is a waste of time not to use the time in a constructive manor---you know, like as workout time! All other days I work lotsa hours so I should take advantage of my 3 mornings to my self! And do something good for myself in that time!

I also have set some goals...general ones that will help with the whole healty living thing.....
Like cook dinner more/less take out /more family time around table....stuff like that. More REAL foods in our house! It's hard though cause it's football season and older DS is at practice from 5:15-about 8:30 three nites a week. This makes it hard....but we just cant eat sandwiches EVERY nite....even if it is easier! Got a crock-pot chicken going right now and last nite I left them a roast even though I worked! ( which I never do....DH just brings something home from work.....kind of easy when you have a restaurant)

Oh well....lots of rambling , I know!
Just know to everyone who stops by to check on me....I really DO appreciate it!

Have a healthy Day:sunny:

Dawn, don't feel bad if you can't get to everyone's journals, it's hard and it can be overwhelming at times. Sometimes I come here and get on a roll and reply to a bunch of them at one time but sometimes I can only do a few at a time, sometimes I can't do any. The journals are to encourage and inspire, not to make you feel bad in any way! You come visit when you have time and know we're all here to support you no matter what. :hug:

It looks like you are getting some good goals set for yourself, that's a great place to be. Good luck to you in making them happen! :)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter