DAS, FoP, and Rider swap

needtoplan

Mouseketeer
Family going to wdw in early September. DS,10, with DAS loves rides, but anxiety ramps into overdrive with crowds (he physically gets sick and throws up). He is excited about flight of passage. First, anyone use the DAS for FoP? Our plan is to send DH to get return time early morning. How painful is it to do this? What was the return time like? Second, DD5 likely too short to ride. Could we get a rider swap with the DAS? Is this allowed? Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

Yes you can get a DAS for FOP the line gets long fast yes if your other son is too short to ride you can get s rider swap. I would try first thing your son does not have to be at the ride to get A DAS bust must be in the park. And I would do a FP if he has a hard tine with waiting and nothing to do

Family going to wdw in early September. DS,10, with DAS loves rides, but anxiety ramps into overdrive with crowds (he physically gets sick and throws up). He is excited about flight of passage. First, anyone use the DAS for FoP? Our plan is to send DH to get return time early morning. How painful is it to do this? What was the return time like? Second, DD5 likely too short to ride. Could we get a rider swap with the DAS? Is this allowed? Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

You can try to get rider swap, but the most recent info here on the DIS states it's one of the attractions requiring everyone to have a FP+ for it. Also, your too short child would have to be present when asking for the rider swap. Does that work for you?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

Nothing on their site states all must have a FP+ versus DAS (could be I am overlooking it). Could also just be a cast member specific thing or information of which I am unaware. I personally can tell you we did rider swap in December for FoP - once with FP and once with DAS - one early and one late. No issue. Cast member understanding where DAS certainly comes into play - had one at ToT tell me only 5 total - total - are allowed with DAS. That could be a misunderstanding of the DAS holder plus 5 versus 5, but I still had to wait until someone else was called and let them know.

Yes, get your DAS time and return with everyone in your party including the child who is too short to ride. Request a child swap at the time of return.

Thank you everyone for your help. This helps to calm my nerves a bit about being able to ride this ride.

All persons in OP's party would have a FP via the DAS return time (when they scan in, it is just like a FP) - i.e., they wouldn't have a person without a FP (or, FP equivalent - the DAS return time). So no issue for RS (if FOP does RS, I don't know about that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter