Dani and Patrick's Poly Wedding. 1.26.11 Welcome Bags & Blogged by The Roots!

ooh a weddign right out on the beach! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the plans!

But, you don't have to go off property to get your hair/make-up done. Patricia LeJuen, Beauty Especial etc. will all come to your room! We had our ceremony at noon and the light was pretty harsh. If I had to do it again, that is one of the things I'd change! As much as I love our pictures, there are a number of them that when I see them, I think " That would be great if we weren't squinting"!

Oh my goodness... I can't believe I've gotten this far behind. For quite a number of reasons we had to change our wedding date. This was extremely hard to do as everything was pretty much planned.

We are now getting married January 26 at the Poly instead of the WP. Unfortunately, our pastor's wife is pregnant and due the week of our wedding. So we have some airline tickets that can't be used and nobody to marry us... so the search is on!

Some good news though... we haven't lost the Roots! They will still be photographing our wedding!! :yay::yay::yay:

Just joining in! Im glad you havent lost the Roots! I wanted them for our wedding but we've actually got a close friend coming to the wedding who's also a photographer so he's going to do our pictures and much cheaper too!! All your plans so far sound great! I love your shoes by the way!! Cant wait to read more! :goodvibes

What a great story. Sorry to hear you had to change the date. But glad that you are still able to get the Roots for your wedding. Can't wait to read more.

Just read your story: love it! Why the change to the Poly?! You must tell us! :)
We always wanted to get married at the Poly but his immediate family was too large to fit the guest count. They've decided they aren't coming. So we changed our location back to where we wanted and are saving some money!

Just joining in! Im glad you havent lost the Roots! I wanted them for our wedding but we've actually got a close friend coming to the wedding who's also a photographer so he's going to do our pictures and much cheaper too!! All your plans so far sound great! I love your shoes by the way!! Cant wait to read more! :goodvibes
I'm excited I haven't lost them too! That was one of the most important things to me! That's awesome you were able to have a friend do it for you!

What a great story. Sorry to hear you had to change the date. But glad that you are still able to get the Roots for your wedding. Can't wait to read more.
Thanks for reading! :)

The day is getting near!!!!! :goodvibes

Between a mandatory 80 hour work week for the past two months at my studio and the lovely stomach virus:crazy2: I received as a Christmas present, I haven't had much time for planning, or journaling for that matter.

Patrick has been absolutely incredible with keeping on top the details! He found a woman to alter my dress, scheduled an appointment and picked up my shoes. I managed to disappear for a long lunch that day to get measured and get our paperwork notarized for our marriage license!

Six days until we are on an airplane to Florida and Eight days until we are married!!! I've been a little overwhelmed :headache: with last minute details so here is my organizational system.

todolist.jpg

Two weekends ago my mom threw us an incredible fairytale themed shower! She decorated two chairs for us to sit in; mine was made to look like Cinderella's blue dress complete with a princess: tiara on top and Patrick's chair was covered in a suit and top hat !

These are the centerpieces she made out of glass pumpkin candy dishes that we got for $1.00 each after halloween!

centerpieces2.jpg

centerpiece1.jpg

We are back and still on :cloud9: !!!

For the three months prior to the wedding I was working 80 hour work weeks which left me planning at the wee hours of the morning. This is how I felt... :surfweb: Now that I'm back I plan to journal a lot of the planning details with the trip report. :)

In the meantime enjoy a few teaser pics taken by some friends of mine. I can't wait to see what the Roots have for us!!!

wedding02.jpg

The fun little sign made for us by Cristina when she picked us up at the Orlando airport. It stayed in our hotel room. :)

wedding05.jpg

Dad sneaking in on me while getting ready.

wedding07.jpg

wedding09.jpg

wedding012.jpg

wedding011.jpg

We both can't wait to see each other!
At this point I really feel like a :bride:

wedding010.jpg

wedding013.jpg

Cristina doing her happy dance because we're getting married!!! :woohoo:

wedding014.jpg

wedding016.jpg

wedding018.jpg

wedding019.jpg

Your teaser pictures are beautiful!!! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures and hear all about your day!! :goodvibes

Your pictures are so pretty! You looked just beautiful and I love your bouquet! Looking forward to more photos! :goodvibes

Your pictures are so beautiful!! You looked absolutely gorgeous! Your bouquet was so beautiful and perfect with your dress and hair!! I can't wait to hear more about your special day!!

Thanks for the "sneak peek"!

Brooke

Your teaser pictures are beautiful! It looks like you guys had a great day. I love your boquet and it really goes well with the theming at poly. Can't wait to see more!

Hi, just joining in!!! You look so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Your dress is gorgeous and your hair is gorgeous!!!!!! I need to go back and read from the start of your planning journal but I just had to tell you how pretty you looked. And, it looks like it was a gorgeous day for a wedding! :goodvibes

congrats! you look amazing! gorgeous! ravishing! great dress! wow! we got married the day before and i must say it was quite lovely but quite chilly! i must now go read your entire PJ to learn more - you must have been stressing major with the storms the night before!!!!

your picturees look truly wonderful and you look awesome! :love:

Day One Coming Soon... in the meantime we've been blogged!
Check out our preview on the Roots site! :lovestruc

Your teaser pictures are beautiful!!! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures and hear all about your day!! :goodvibes
Thank you!! I can't wait to see the rest either!!

Lovely!!! you look beautiful - and so happy!!!
I couldn't have been happier!!

Your pictures are so pretty! You looked just beautiful and I love your bouquet! Looking forward to more photos! :goodvibes
Thank you so much!

Your pictures are so beautiful!! You looked absolutely gorgeous! Your bouquet was so beautiful and perfect with your dress and hair!! I can't wait to hear more about your special day!!

Thanks for the "sneak peek"!

Brooke
Thank you Brooke, what a wonderful compliment!!!

Your teaser pictures are beautiful! It looks like you guys had a great day. I love your boquet and it really goes well with the theming at poly. Can't wait to see more!
Thank you! The Poly and flowers were a good choice! :)

LOVE your pics!!!!
:)

Beautiful Teasers! I can't wait to see the rest!!!
I'm anxious too!

Hi, just joining in!!! You look so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Your dress is gorgeous and your hair is gorgeous!!!!!! I need to go back and read from the start of your planning journal but I just had to tell you how pretty you looked. And, it looks like it was a gorgeous day for a wedding! :goodvibes
Thank you that is so sweet I definitely felt like a princess! princess:

congrats! you look amazing! gorgeous! ravishing! great dress! wow! we got married the day before and i must say it was quite lovely but quite chilly! i must now go read your entire PJ to learn more - you must have been stressing major with the storms the night before!!!!

your picturees look truly wonderful and you look awesome! :love:
Thank you!! It was chilly but I was so excited I couldn't remember. We got caught in the storm at MK the night before and df ended up with bronchitis :sick: on our honeymoon. Yuck! But it was still incredible!! I can't wait to read about your wedding. :)

Officiant
Rev. Jon D. Bekemeyer: A+
Our pastor's wife got pregnant and he was not able to come down with us to preform the ceremony. He helped us find Pastor Jon through Grace Community Church in Clermont. We were truly blessed to have pastor Jon officiate our wedding. He's very genuine, warm and approachable. He spent a lot of time getting to know us through emails and skype. He's very wise and emphasizes the spiritual significance of the wedding. But, he's also very fun and down-to-earth. He spent a lot of time customizing our ceremony to make it personal and reflect us. He was very open to our requests and suggestions. He also does not charge for weddings; he only accepts honorariums which was very helpful with our budget.

Photography
Nathan and Jensey Root: A+++

I am totally in love with these two! They are incredibly talented, laid back and fun to work with! Their style completely captured the joy of the day!!!

Check out this amazing slideshow and see for yourself!

Picture2.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Zoraily Carrasquillo: A

Although, she was not my official photographer she was there to cover the moments that I did not have the Roots. My wedding was not only the first she ever shot, it was the first she had ever been to. You would never know by her pictures, she is a natural talent!!

wedding04jpg.jpg

wedding07.jpg

wedding010.jpg

Musician
Disney Violinist: A++

I wish I knew his name because he was absolutely out of this world incredible! We asked him to learn Lucky by Jason Mraz for our first dance. Not only did he learn that song, he learned Make It Mine as a surprise for us! Then while taking requests, my dad tried to stump him by picking a song from Epcot's Millennium celebration that he doesn't even know the name of. He knew and played it phenomenally!!
Picture1.jpg

Floral
Disney Floral: B

They followed all my requests for my bouquet. They took out the palm leaves that wrapped over the top of the bouquet. They even used a few less orchids so there would be more color than green. When they handed it to me I was happy as a clam with it. After seeing pictures my designer eyed did notice one thing I would have changed. I would have put a few of the callas towards the center of the bouquet to balance the color. Then I took a re-look at the instructional photo I sent them and it did have more callas in the center.

flowers-1.jpg

Flyboy Naturals: B+
We purchased our own rose petals that were freeze dried. We bought enough for our petal toss as well as a nice coating for the aisle. I'm extremely glad we decided to purchase our own! It was so windy that we could not lay down the petals for the aisle but we will be able to use them for our at home reception. Much better than being charged for an aisle way that would have blown away!

Their website was really confusing and difficult to use. However, they had the best prices and fast shipping! If you call with a question they more than likely will call back within the hour.

wedding019.jpg

Beauty
Patricia LeJuene: A
She was incredibly delightful to laugh and chat with on my wedding day. I had a very specific idea for my makeup and she nailed it. I couldn't find a picture of a hairstyle anywhere that was exactly what I wanted. So I sent her images of a few that I kind of liked and pointed out the details that I liked about them. She was able to create a hairstyle I loved from those few details. She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!! My wedding location was extremely windy! After the ceremony and well into the night people were commenting about how amazing my hair looked and how they can't believe it stood up to the elements so well!! Beyond my wedding day her and Randy took the time to email me the products she used. My only critism is that I noticed a few makeup lines on my chin. To her defense I didn't notice them until we got a few of our pictures back and its not in all of them.

wedding08.jpg

Bamboo Salon: A+
My mom looked for someone a little less expensive than Patricia to blow dry her hair. Patricia's rates are a flat rate across the board no matter what you want. She found a new little place called Bamboo Salon on Palm Parkway (Just next to the Downtown Disney Entrance to WDW Property.) Libby the owner was really nice and able to do exactly what she wanted at a really reasonable price.

Crest 3D Whitestrips (Professional Effects): A
I had used Crest strips when they first hit the market years ago. I found them to be messy and totally useless; so I was very skeptical to try again. The new professional effects strips were affordable and really worked! I only used them twice a day for 3 days before the wedding and the results were fantastic!

Steaming and Cleaning
Carolyn Allen: A
The staff was friendly and arrived 15 minutes early. They conveniently picked up my dress from the hotel to be cleaned and shipped home afterwards. They wanted to add an extra charge for the cleaning to be faster than 10 weeks. When I declined to use their cleaning services they quickly dropped the extra charge.

Suits
K&G: B+
We opted to buy Patrick a nice suit he could wear again instead of renting a tux. K&G is owned by Men's Warehouse so the suit quality was just as good for a much better price. The only thing he felt was lacking was their attention to detail in the tailoring department.
wedding011.jpg

Up Next: Day One: Traveling Zombies! :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter