CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to put in a good word for the seller rosethorns! I ordered quite a large package of what was supposed to be 80 pins. It was all brand new booster packs and a couple of lanyard starter sets in original packaging. In addition to that, there were a bunch of individual pins on cards thrown in as freebies. I got 92 pins in total. I am so pleased with this transaction, as these pins came to about $1 a pin including shipping. I highly recommend this seller if you're looking for some good pins from a reputable seller.

This my first post to this thread but I have been reading and learning for a while now. Thanks so much for all the wonderful advice and the lists of who and who not to buy from on EBay! I'm sorry to say that I was pretty uninformed when I started buying pins on EBay and some of the sellers I purchased from are indeed on the Red list!! I was able to see that quite a lot of the pins I purchased were scrapers! Now that I know the difference, where to go to research any pins I have or may want to purchase, and which sellers to avoid, I will feel much better about my pin trading!! Thanks again!!

hi everyone, please be weary of the seller hotsaay.

they are not up front about item condition and don't use photos of the actual pins they send you, so you can't tell what condition they are in.

they have alot of neutral and negative reviews but only one is specifically about quality, but i received two pins one was phineas and ferb pin where the "and" had rubbed off, the second a finding nemo seagull pin that was very dirty and scratched up, none of which was reported in the auction.

they did not pretend they had sent me a quality product, and refunded my money right away. but i would not suggest buying from them.

Hi! This is my first post! :)

I wanted to say THANK YOU for this list of eBay sellers! We are taking our first family vacation to Disney World in September, and while I had heard about the popularity of trading pins, I didn't know anything about scrappers. I did some searching on eBay before I found this message board, and I feel certain that I would have unknowingly bought scrappers had I not found it. Now I am armed and ready!

I wanted to say that I bought a 25 pin lot and two lanyards from bizzybee1 and they came yesterday. I am SO excited about them. They are all new on the card, in great condition. I think someone else on this thread mentioned a cigarette smell to their purchase, but these have no odor at all (and I'm pretty sensitive to smells). She/he was very helpful to answer questions quickly, too. Highly recommended!

I have some more pins coming from brandnamestuff, so I am excited about seeing those!

My question is, since this is our first trip, how many pins should I plan to trade? I have two daughters, ages 4 and 9. I'm guessing they might trade 3-4 per day? I really have no idea. My nine year old is pretty shy, and I'm worried that she'll be afraid to approach a cast member to trade, so I'm planning on having a lanyard with a few pins myself just so that I can break the ice and show them what to do. Thanks in advance!

Like SuperNaturalMommy I look at every lanyard I see, if I see a pin I like I trade, if not I move on. When we started trading my DD13 was 6, she was very very shy and this was a great way for her to learn to interact with other people. We all trade similarly, look and if we see something we want we trade, if not we say "thank you" and move on. We will easily take 25 traders per person and some days we've run out and had to borrow from each other or even buy more! It really just depends.

I'm sorry you had such bad luck. Hong Kong sellers are often iffy. There are some good ones, but sadly most of them are not. Glad you got your money back.

i guess i try to give people the benefit of the doubt, because often i don't have a problem getting refunds, and they might turn out to be a great seller. but i probably won't be jumping to buy from hong kong sellers in the future.

Hi! This is my first post!
I wanted to say THANK YOU for this list of eBay sellers! We are taking our first family vacation to Disney World in September, and while I had heard about the popularity of trading pins, I didn't know anything about scrappers.
My question is, since this is our first trip, how many pins should I plan to trade? I have two daughters, ages 4 and 9. I'm guessing they might trade 3-4 per day? I really have no idea. My nine year old is pretty shy, and I'm worried that she'll be afraid to approach a cast member to trade, so I'm planning on having a lanyard with a few pins myself just so that I can break the ice and show them what to do. Thanks in advance!

First off, WELCOME!!

Secondly, I have found that pin trading was a great experience with my (used-to-be!) shy daughter. It helped that she could basically run through the same script every time, "Excuse me, may I see your pins?" At the beginning, we practiced it a couple of times, and I might facilitate the interaction by saying the "Excuse me" part, and then turn to her to finish it. The CMs usually picked up on her interest and her shyness right away, and they were great with her. I think it made for much better experiences than if I had said it all. If the CM was a little too enthusiastic and I could see that she didn't want to trade, I'd try to help her say, "Thank you, but you don't have anything I'm collecting." And an extra "Thank you for letting me look" for good measure. I tried to avoid CMs that looked really busy, and we only ever traded with CM's. All in all, I really liked how it improved her independence, both in terms of interacting with people, and making her own decisions about what to trade!

Hey! Just wanted to commend everyone for keeping up an excellent list of eBay sellers, as I've seen it linked on quite a few other sites/forums that I frequent.

Also--

domimgood aka DIZZneY4PINS (Marty & Jeanne) are already on the Red list, but just thought I'd confirm another time that they're still selling bad pins. Just bought one of the 25 pin lots from them for cheap, came in a red bag, and they're all off-brand, cheaply made, and light in weight. Also, one of the princesses doesn't look like a princess, so off-model too.

TotalJohn I'd also like to say did a great job helping me out, as I bought 3 of his individual pin lots. Answered any questions I had quickly too. Pretty reasonable when it comes to best offers too. Pins were still on cards, with just the tops opened and the backs numbered.

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Just received my lot from Rosethorns! and am so pleased. Everything was new in package with Disney price tags still on. They are all beautiful and my girls are so excited!!

First off, WELCOME!!

Secondly, I have found that pin trading was a great experience with my (used-to-be!) shy daughter. It helped that she could basically run through the same script every time, "Excuse me, may I see your pins?" At the beginning, we practiced it a couple of times, and I might facilitate the interaction by saying the "Excuse me" part, and then turn to her to finish it. The CMs usually picked up on her interest and her shyness right away, and they were great with her. I think it made for much better experiences than if I had said it all. If the CM was a little too enthusiastic and I could see that she didn't want to trade, I'd try to help her say, "Thank you, but you don't have anything I'm collecting." And an extra "Thank you for letting me look" for good measure. I tried to avoid CMs that looked really busy, and we only ever traded with CM's. All in all, I really liked how it improved her independence, both in terms of interacting with people, and making her own decisions about what to trade!

That's very helpful! I like the idea of the girls only trading with CMs. I will definitely do that! Thanks so much!

Had 2 really great buying experiences!

Cosmogheetuffy who is already on the green and codys_trinkets.

All pins were on original backer cards with matching sku numbers.
The two from codys trinkets were from disney auctions and the pins were on backer card and in plastic unopened with matching sku.
:)

Hello,

Just found this thread. Wish I'd found this before I made my purchases - found out that a couple were red-listed.

However, I wanted to let everyone know that I bought a set of pins from a seller named "flagwaving". He is not on the list, but everything I can tell about the pins I got look to be good. (and I will freely acknowledge I don't know very well how to judge pins to be scrappers)

He was selling a set where I only needed the completer, and all of the others matched my current pins - so either his are legit, or when I traded for the others last summer I wound up with bad ones from the CM's. (No, I'm not accusing CM's, I'm saying I can't tell any difference between the purchased pins and traded pins. They seem to all be the same).

If someone else has had any experience with this seller, or a different experience, please share.

thanks

If anyone is interested, I recently had an interaction with the seller (domimgood) I previously mentioned. Just thought I'd give another warning incase anyone is thinking of purchasing from them:

Hello
The sites you are on are operated by people who are fanatical about Disney pins and trading. I assure you that all the pins in your possession are 100% tradable. We do not sell scrappers, they are real and we stand behind our products. If you actually look at sites like pinpics, almost every pin that has been produced in the past 5 years can be a scrapper pin. We do not sell scrapper pins. The scrappers are made in China and they are way different from the pins we sell. We trade for the pins we sell from Disney. That being said we offer a 14 day return policy and I have not checked to see when you purchased the pins. I will be more than happy to give you a full refund because we want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not happy with them after this message please return the order to

[Redacted]

We also kindly ask that you change your feedback as you never even bothered to contact us for a solution.
Sincerely
Marty

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Ummmm, all pins are made in China, legit or scrapped. Just so you know. And if I leave negative feedback I won't change it, if I feel the pins are scrappers then I feel others should be aware, just in case. I'm not an expert but I am pretty knowledgeable and I trust my own instincts when it comes to pins.

Placed an order with rosethorns! tonight based on the feedback here on the forum. The original auction that I was planning on ordering ran out by the time I got around to bidding so I emailed him and he told me that he will most likely have enough to put together another package for me. Sure enough earlier tonight he replied back when he listed the new starter package w/ lanyards/bag and unopened pins. I can't wait till they arrive. Our trip isn't until Oct but the kids are super excited to get them now.

Ummmm, all pins are made in China, legit or scrapped. Just so you know. And if I leave negative feedback I won't change it, if I feel the pins are scrappers then I feel others should be aware, just in case. I'm not an expert but I am pretty knowledgeable and I trust my own instincts when it comes to pins.
Thanks. They're obviously out of there league and heavily outnumbered when it comes to it. The seller first tried attacking me, which I didn't appreciate and then sent me that wonderful message. I don't do harassment and they're bound to mess with the wrong person soon enough.

It's really quite obvious the difference. Some may look fine aesthetically, but it's easy to tell that they're made of really cheap plastic-y material. Oh, and don't get me started on Cinderella.

Honestly, they'll be nice to just give out incase I ever need an extra more than anything else. I'm debating on other things.

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter