CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in the future, I'll be sticking to the green list on here. Someone mentioned a user bizzybee1 that I have bookmarked for a set of 25 mixed for trade. That'll probably be my next grab and then we'll be set on pins for our whole trip!

AliceandAriel, I recently posted about a lot of 25 (4 sets) from bizzybee1. The sets were all new, sealed in their packages with Disney price tags inside. Basically $2/pin, which is less than half the sticker price. We're all set to trade on our next trip! Hope you have as much success!

i believe themousepinpro sold me a fake ariel pisces hidden mickey pin. they denied it but there are alot of red flags an i will be sending it back.

I'm new to pin trading. I'm planning to take my 2 boys to wdw in aug, so we just bought a lot of 25 pins off eBay. I think we got mostly fakes or scrappers. : /

I sent seller ypet5909 a message to see if they could confirm the authenticity of their pins. Has anyone bought from this seller?

I hate to say it, but one of your 'trusted' green sellers, disneyaddicts, has been selling large lots the last couple of months that have tons of scrappers in them. Very disappointing!

Are you saying the pin bags and 1700 pins that you bought from them were full of scrappers? Because you left positive feedback on all those purchases that you purchased through best offer. Additionally, if you were getting scrappers, then why would you keep going back and making more purchases which averaged 10 days apart?

They currently have nothing listed. They listed in their last ads that they were getting out of collecting and that they were selling off their bags filled with pins as is and that they had obtained them through purchase or trade over 15 years and tried to weed out bad ones. They said they wouldn't accept returns based on a pin being on "someone's" scrapper list. (I realize they have to take returns per eBay policy.) In any case, it looks like they sold off their collection and got out of the game, and as they said in their ads, their loss was your gain.

I don't know if they will sell anything else off. Looks like they sold thousands of pins all at once in large collections of several hundred each bag. But, I am hesitant to move them based on the fact that you kept going back for more and kept leaving positive feedback. As a seller and re-seller I think you would know not to leave positive feedback and continue to purchase if you were not happy with what you got.

Just trying to gather as much information as possible before deciding if they should be moved. They have over 19000 positive feedback and only 1 negative.

No I am not saying ALL of the 1700 pins are all scrappers, please do not twist my words. There were maybe 10 percent obvious scrappers when it was all said and done--but ten percent out of over a thousand is a lot of scrappers in my opinion.

I bought lots from them all within a a very narrow time frame, as you said, there were thousands of pins to go through. At first there were numerous broken pins, which they promised to make up for if I purchased another of their lots, they would add extra in to make up for broken pins. I appreciated that, hence the positive feedback. I also have NOT left feedback on all of my purchases, so you may not want to rush to judgement regarding my feedback. I did not have time to take off work or miss classes in order to immediately go through each pin, but have done so since then, and there are many scrappers.

I did not order you to move their name from one color to another, that is up to you. I am just reporting what happened. I have been collecting/buying/selling for 13 years, and I know what a scrapper is--whether you choose to believe me or not is not going to change whether I feel it should be reported.

My name was put in red based on one person's (a competing seller, still actively selling) comment. I realize you aren't the one who put me in red, you did move me out of red and I appreciate that. I really don't care what color they are under, I am just very aware of the fact that the list is subjective.

The fact is, this list is not 100 percent reliable.

All I can do is HONESTLY report what I have experienced PERSONALLY, not just throw out comments based on reading feedback on a seller I have never personally dealt with.

No I am not saying ALL of the 1700 pins are all scrappers, please do not twist my words. There were maybe 10 percent obvious scrappers when it was all said and done--but ten percent out of over a thousand is a lot of scrappers in my opinion.

I bought lots from them all within a a very narrow time frame, as you said, there were thousands of pins to go through. At first there were numerous broken pins, which they promised to make up for if I purchased another of their lots, they would add extra in to make up for broken pins. I appreciated that, hence the positive feedback. I also have NOT left feedback on all of my purchases, so you may not want to rush to judgement regarding my feedback. I did not have time to take off work or miss classes in order to immediately go through each pin, but have done so since then, and there are many scrappers.

I did not order you to move their name from one color to another, that is up to you. I am just reporting what happened. I have been collecting/buying/selling for 13 years, and I know what a scrapper is--whether you choose to believe me or not is not going to change whether I feel it should be reported.

My name was put in red based on one person's (a competing seller, still actively selling) comment. I realize you aren't the one who put me in red, you did move me out of red and I appreciate that. I really don't care what color they are under, I am just very aware of the fact that the list is subjective.

The fact is, this list is not 100 percent reliable.

All I can do is HONESTLY report what I have experienced PERSONALLY, not just throw out comments based on reading feedback on a seller I have never personally dealt with.

I will also add what was written by you on page one

Also, don't just judge a seller by their feedback! You can be burned with scrappers by sellers with 100% positive feedback!

I purchased from seller felizcado.international
Pins on original cards, offered free shipping (insured, I had to sign for the envelope, so really great service).

But keep in mind if you buy from him, it takes a while longer maybe to get your purchase, as it comes all the way from Hong Kong.

You are probably fine. And, there are several good sellers for 25 pin lots (or greater) so you should have no trouble getting what you need for trade.

Updating from my purchase. Received both the Hatter pin and LGM pin yesterday. At first, I was overjoyed- they look fantastic. Upon closer inspection of the LGM pin, though, I have a really-sinking feeling I've just purchased my first 'scrapper' pin.

This is the pin. At first, it felt a little light compared to the pins I literally just bought from the Disney Store with my brand new trading pin lanyard for 2013. But I figured I was imagining things. Until I checked the auction pictures for the pin listed. The auction pictures listed the LGM with a white upper eyelid on the farthest left eye on each one. The pin I received had a white upper eyelid on the middle of each LGM. Here's the picture:

2e4hoa8.jpg

I'm guessing, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that NONE of the eyelids should be white, period, right?

I might also want to add that the copyright on the back has some kind of letter/number in front of the word 'official' on the back, too. We can't make out what it is, but it kind of looks like a T, so the back reads, "AUTHENTIC TOFFICIAL." Or so it looks.

I'd really like to be wrong on this. But if this is indeed a scrapper, we'll have to add another name to the orange list.

Jakifamily's DD here, I was wondering if anyone ended up buying some of 4evertoylovers's pins. If so, were they scrappers or authentic pins?

I am so frustrated by the flooding of listings on ebay by the same old sellers selling scrappers, particularly disneyfamily801, gomf03, disneyxpress, & pinz4u to name just a few.

I have reported these sellers almost daily, for the last month, and ebay has not removed even one listing from these sellers. It is frustrating because I cannot find legitimate items because row after row of the same crap shows up....

If anyone else would help and call ebay and report them maybe we could change this!

Here is my list of duplicate listings violation sellers

gomf03
disneyfamily801
pinz4u
2kid2mummy
423disneypinfreak
domimgood
lapelpinworld
couger85
jeffreyyoung
ffc
tokyomater
lizcole51807
waxman16
wdwmagic1928
cmegsz
real.cool.stuff
disney.crazy
shanwendy
vic3606

thanks in advance!!

I am so frustrated by the flooding of listings on ebay by the same old sellers selling scrappers, particularly disneyfamily801, gomf03, disneyxpress, & pinz4u to name just a few.

I have reported these sellers almost daily, for the last month, and ebay has not removed even one listing from these sellers. It is frustrating because I cannot find legitimate items because row after row of the same crap shows up....

If anyone else would help and call ebay and report them maybe we could change this!

Here is my list of duplicate listings violation sellers

gomf03
disneyfamily801
pinz4u
2kid2mummy
423disneypinfreak
domimgood
lapelpinworld
couger85
jeffreyyoung
ffc
tokyomater
lizcole51807
waxman16
wdwmagic1928
cmegsz
real.cool.stuff
disney.crazy
shanwendy
vic3606

thanks in advance!!

I only report sellers to eBay if I have recently purchased from them and received scrappers. I have not purchased from any of these sellers recently so will not do what you have asked.
Please note, this is not what this thread is here to do, it is here to help people buy good pins from good sellers. I feel like this post is a violation of the whole idea behind this thread.
Speaking for myself of course. :goodvibes

does anyone have any experience with rosethorns! ?
they have lots up of booster sets still on cards, and 100% pos feedback, but just curious if anyone has bought from them before...i didn't see them in any color on the first page

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter