Cruise's (Chris) Accountability/Sap Journal :) (comments welcome)

That is a great outlook you have! And who knows, once you get into the routine of morning workouts, you might just become a morning person!

I'm so glad that people noticed you have lost weight.

You will be dropping those pounds in no time, keep it up! :Pinkbounc

Hi Chris,

You have a great outlook on your workouts. I know it will happen for you.....You are doing great...52 pounds...can you believe it. Way to go. That is awesome. Before you know it you will meet your goal!!!

Sorry to hear that the burger made you sick.....that is no fun.

Keep up the good work...you truley are doing great!

Happy Friday!

Chris--first, good luck at the ultrasound, please let us know what they find out!!

its great that people are noticing your weight loss--that is amazing and im sure it makes you feel great!
I, too, am between sizes and i hate it...but you will lose more in no time and be fitting into the smaller sizes! have a great weekend!

Hey Chris-

I'm sorry that I haven't been around much. I read that you seem to be in a slow weight loss time now, but I also think I remember that your weight loss pattern tends to be like that, right? So hang in there, and I know it will come off.
It's exciting that you are enjoying shopping for clothes and that people are noticing your weight loss. That's soo cool when that happens!!
Good luck with the ultrasound!!

Hi everyone - sorry no update yesterday but I did want to come by and let you know what happened. I got a call on Friday afternoon that the surgeon wanted to do some bloodwork. So I went in Saturday morning and did the bloodwork. Got a call yesterday morning that they wanted me to come earlier for the ultrasound. Get there and they said the surgeon saw no reason to do a biopsy so she wouldn't be there. Didn't know this on the phone but that's okay. Do the ultrasound and then head down to the surgeon's office to see if my blood test results are in. So they take me back to the room because the doc wanted to see me. She didn't think the ultrasound was going to be necessary but didn't catch me in time so it was fine that we did it - not a problem. So she says - I don't think you are going to believe this. And I'm like - oh no, not what I want to hear I bet. So she proceeds to tell me I currently have, according to my bloodwork, hyperthyroidism. My response - DANG. She laughed. She knew I didn't want to hear that and I told her true because I was hoping for hypothyroidism so I could get the meds that would also probably help me lose some of this weight. :rotfl: :rotfl: :confused3 :confused3 :teeth: :teeth: We laughed, which was nice.

So she goes on to tell me that she still wants me to see an endocronologist to see what meds I need to be put on. We talked about the symptoms and I have some of the classic symptoms - I go, go, go, go and then about 6 weeks later I crash for a few days. Then I go again. I can function on a small amount of sleep, I've noticed a bit more hyperactivity in myself over the last couple of months. My heart races on and off and my blood pressure has been higher than normal during this whole time, which is not very usual for me - I've always, at non-workout mode, been at 120-130/80-85. Once I started losing weight and working out it dropped a bit and was at a good point until December when I started getting sick.

She did say she was a bit concerned as to why my levels were pretty normal in August but then went up with this bloodwork. Another reason to see the endo. I'm anxious to also see the ultrasound results which I won't get until maybe next Wednesday.

So that's me in a nutshell. Not much to report on the weightloss - I've been too focused on this the last couple of days.

Thanks for all your good thoughts. I do deeply appreciate them very much - this has really made me rethink some things in my life again. It's time to slow down and enjoy it. So I'm starting to reevaluate what I can give up at the end of this year. Some I can give up in May and will. I need to be more available to my daughter next year and not be worn out as it's college hunting time next year.

Thanks again
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Chris - glad to hear they have finally found out what is wrong with you. It's the not nowing that is the hardest.

You will be able to continue with your quest for a healthier you and not worry what is going on with your body. I wish you the best of luck and hope you meet your goals. Enjoy the next couple of years with your daughter. They grow up too fast and move on.

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear that they found out what was wrong.....big relief I bet.

Keep up the good work......even though you don't have much to report on the weight loss, you are still doing great.

happy Wednesday!

glad they figured out what was wrong!

i have been both hyper and hypo..im one of those "strange" cases! :)
hope you can get the meds from your endo that will help!

Hey Chris-

I am so glad that they figured out what was going on with you! It must be a relief to have some answers.

I agree with you about enjoying the time with your daughter, and about re-evalutating what's important to you. We should all do that from time to time. Good for you for having such a healthy perspective on things.

Hi Chris!

Just thought I'd stop by to say hi! I'm sorry I didn't read all of the pages of your journal, but 52 pounds!! :woohoo: WOW!! That is an AWESOME accomplishment!

You've got a great outlook on life, and I appreciate you stopping by my journal to give me encouragement.

Take care & keep up the great work!

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't gotten here in a few days. Britt's school play was this weekend and when I wasn't home I was at the play and when I was home I was cleaning my very dirty house. Still have a little bit more to do but I'll work on the rest of it night by night over this week. DH is in Florida as I type visiting his parents for the next week and I'm excited - sometimes we need that mini-vacation from each other. I felt so bad for him yesterday though - he woke up very dizzy and sick and ended up having "gastro-flu-like" stuff. I was worried he wasn't going to be able to go and he was really looking forward to this so he could play golf all week with his folks and spend some time with them. But he got up this morning (and left at 4am) feeling much better and was able to eat dinner last night. Poor guy. So the play is done, dh is gone and it's going to be a week of working out for me. I plan on trying to get there tonight but not sure if I'll make it. We had some bad storms roll through during the night and I was up for most of them - I think I slept about 2 hours and woke with a good migraine. I'm pretty sluggish here at work and feel like my face could just blow off. So I might just be hanging at home doing a 30 minute walk and 30 minutes on the treadmill with some crunches and leg lifts. My plan is to workout every night this week and try to workout at home on Saturday and Sunday. We'll see how that goes.

One fun thing that I did get to do this weekend - and felt good doing it - was I played soccer with my daughter for a full strong 30 minutes on Saturday afternoon. I didn't realize I could run like that now (I just hadn't had a reason to try) and I wasn't so totally out of breath after each time I ran. It was fun!!!

TOM is on it's way out and I was very bloated this time. I'm glad it's almost done. Food has been okay - I didn't have much appetite the last couple of days for various reasons. Have had a lot of chocolate cravings the past couple of days and that has not been good but I've really tried to watch it.

Got my endocronologist appointment scheduled for April 3. That was the first available I could get. Hopefully I won't have to have any kind of surgery because I'm off to Hilton Head for a much needed vacation on the 13th for over a week. We'll just have to wait and see.

My goal this week is to workout every night - at least something and to read through all the journals this week. The boss is gone and I don't have a ton of work to do so I should be able to finally catch up with everyone. That is my hope at least!

Keep on :banana: :banana: and :woohoo: :woohoo:
Chris

Hey, Chris!

Glad Britts play went well. Enjoy your DH-less week. We do need breaks from them from time to time!

I'm praying about your Dr. appt. Hoping no surgery.

Hope you're having a great week!

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear that Britts play was good. I agree...sometimes we do need that mini vacation from the DH's!!!! I enjoy a night by myself every once in a while! I do tend to get loney though when he is gone for a long period of time. I don't have kids, just furbabies so it is just me when he is gone!!!

Hope all goes well at your doctors....

Keep it up! You're doing great!

Chris-
You are doing absolutely great!
It takes forever to get an endocrinologist appointment, doesnt it?
Good luck with your goal for the week!!

Chris I hope that your husband gets feeling better. The flu has been rampant here in Florida. I had it last week. A nurse that I work with actually had to take her daughter to the hospital. I bet your husband can't wait to get home.

Great job with the soccer workout! :yay:

Hi Chris-

I hope you are doing well. :)

I love Hilton Head. My family used to vacation there every summer when I was a kid. I have some really good memories of that. I hope everything goes well so you can have an enjoyable time.

Hi Chris,
Enjoy your vacation! Great job on the soccer. Playing with the kids is a great way to exercise and spend quality time :goodvibes

Take care,
Sunny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter