Cruise's (Chris) Accountability/Sap Journal :) (comments welcome)

Sorry that I've been pretty MIA lately. I tried working on journals last week when my boss was out but everytime I'd try to work on them someone else would bug me or the computer was going so slow that it was taking me forever to read a few pages and then respond. My life has got to get less hectic at work. I come in every morning with these horrible headaches because each day is such a stressor. I have to get another job or someone else needs to leave - plain and simple.

Well food has been okay. I finally lost a little bit again and am really trying to hit my goal for workouts this month. I'm getting there and I'm actually feeling really good right now. I'm not hitting any of my goals that I made at the beginning of the year and I've gotten frustrated but I'm trying to rededicate myself.

DD got a speeding ticket the other day on he way to school. So that has added a bit of stress that I didn't need to my life. She was caught going 86 in a 65 and so her ticket plus the cost for traffic safety school (so her insurance doesn't go up) will be $140. Not an expense that I can afford to incur right now, especially since she doesn't have a job yet but what am I gonna do. She called me as soon as she got pulled over and put the phone down when the cop came up to the car so I got to hear the whole thing on the phone - oh joy!!!! When he told her how fast she was going I was holding myself back from yelling - HOW FAST??? so he didn't hear me. ROFL. Poor kid. At least she is safe and nothing else happened. I sat and explained to her that night what could have happened if she would have just moved her car a little or reached down to the radio to adjust something at that speed. I think that opened her eyes!!!!!!

Well another day, another PIA day. Hope everyone else is doing well. I think of all of you a lot.

Keep on :banana: :banana: and :woohoo: :woohoo:
Chris

Chris, you must've been worried sick when your daughter got the ticket. I can't believe she phoned you to listen in. I still can't decide if thats a good thing or bad! I have a 17 year old son that I worry about and after reading your post I don't feel any better.

Hope today's going better for you! :wave:

Chris -- OMG!! That would have been enough to take a few years off my life. At this point, we aren't even letting DD drive on 95 because we have no confidence in her awareness of the dangers of high speeds. We really have to get her out there to practice.
Oh, BTW, I am jealous that you are heading to HH. Do you go to the DVC resort there? Our kids say that is their favorite place in the world. It is so serene. Enjoy!

Cruise04 said:
She was caught going 86 in a 65 and so her ticket plus the cost for traffic safety school (so her insurance doesn't go up) will be $140.
Chris, you tell Britt that the next time I see her (soon I hope ;) ), I will have some words for her too! :sad2:

Hope things at work get better for you. :grouphug:

Wow, and I thought boy teenage drivers were the ones to worry about! Hopefully she learned her lesson and will take something home from traffic school.

Sorry to hear work is such a pain. It makes it really hard to get up in the morning when you don't like your job.

Hang in there! :cheer2:

ugh..hope your daughter doesnt get any more tickets..
people always made fun of me for not being a speed racer when i got my license--im still not and they STILL make fun of me...(i do about 5 over the speed limit usually,but they do alot more than that!)

hope you have a great weekend

Aren't teenagers fun???? NOT!!!!!!

I'm glad your DD is safe and hoping she has learned from her experience.

Hoping you're having a better week!!!

Teenage boys pay more for insurance, but in most cases, teen girls have more accidents (or so I've heard). I am really dreading when my DD drives. She's only 14.5, but no where near ready!!

Hi everyone - thanks for visiting my journal and sorry I have been updating lately. Work is still nuts but I'm on vacation in less than 2 weeks so it's so gonna be worth it!!!!!!! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :teeth: :teeth:

I had my appointment yesterday with the endochronologist and he is sending me for a radiological iodine test next week. They did more thyroid blood work as well so am waiting to get those results as well. I have a check up on May 2nd. He said that he doesn't think that it's much to worry about but he wants to check and see if the area is a warm node or a cold node. Apparently that will tell him if it's a disease infected node or if it's more of a cyst. He said if it bothers me and it's not a cyst, I can have it removed by doing a radiological treatment that will shrink it down. But he said if I did this I'd have to make certain I'm done having kids, which I am - TRUST ME! :confused3 :teeth: :teeth:

I again didn't lose any weight this month but I worked my butt off in workouts which I'm pleased with. Remember my wedding ring - it's almost there. I think within the next month I'll definitely be able to wear it. I probably could wear it now but it still gets snug and I don't like that. I went shopping last night and it was actually fun trying on clothes. I have a long way to go before I'm comfortable wearing some outfits, or even trying them on, but it was fun to walk into a store and pick a size and know it will probably fit and that I DON'T have to buy my clothes exclusively online. I had to shop because I had two sweaters/shirts for work for the spring/summer. All my other clothes were way too big in September/October so I donated them to the Katrina relief efforts. I didn't realize I had actually gotten rid of ALL of them. So the weather took a good turn to the warmth this week and I was still wearing turtlenecks!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Looking more and more further to Hilton Head. Cam - we did stop there in 2003 on our way home from our cruise to check it out. We stayed one night and part of a day and we fell in love with it so we bought points. We have had this trip planned for over a year - first in our minds and then found out DH was getting to go on sabbatical this year (a break from his regular work routine to write a book and do some research in his field - trust me, nothing exciting) and so we decided we could finally go away for dd's spring break since he wouldn't be teaching. So as soon as we could we booked our trip. Right now we have booked a dolphin boat thing on the Saturday we get there for mid-morning and then we'll have the rest of the day to explore some and maybe go to the beach house. On Sunday, Easter, we are heading into Savannah and eating at The Lady and Sons - very exciting because we love Paula Dean. We ate there in 2003 as well and it was awesome. We also are planning on going to church in Savannah too. Then we're going to go over to the River Walk and check things out - hopefully some stores will be open and make a stop at the Juliette Gordon Low shop to get some Girl Scout goodies (we stopped here and did the tour in 2003 as well). Then the rest of the trip is unplanned (I can hardly believe it with my commando husband) but I'm sure we'll find plenty to do (as long as I get a hammock for one day I'll be happy). There is a huge golf tournament going on and so dh is hoping to go see that one day and to get a day of golf in (fine with me, as long as I have a hammock). I'm excited if you can't tell. This is my element - outdoors, calm, peaceful, quiet, nice, peaceful, no phone, peaceful.

Sorry to keep blabbing. Thanks for your thoughts and support while all these doctor visits have been going on. I do deeply appreciate it. It's been a scary ride since October (I found a lump in my right breast and went through that - ended up okay and now this thyroid thing since December). Jazzercise has really helped me get through things and I'm glad I've gotten that outlet. Also Relay for Life plans are kicking up so that's keeping me busy too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Britt has a soccer tournament tomorrow so we'll be gone most of the day. Sunday is a uncapping of a time vessel for the city to kick off their Sesquicentennial celebration and events and we are going to represent the Girl Scouts (Britt is the only Senior level scout in our town). Then it's start packing afternoon on Sunday :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :sunny:

Chris

I'm SO glad you are finally getting some answers and making progress towards being done with this.

I'm praying you will continue to get good news. I can tell you are a bit more relaxed now about it all.

Hope you have a great weekend!

It's April 1st and I've been at this now for 9 months. I was hoping I'd hit my half way loss mark by now but that didn't happen. That's okay, somewhat, because I have lost 52 pounds. Today is a new day, a new month. I'm needing to pick up the pace again as I've let myself down the past two months. So today I'm going to try to start writing things down again and keep on that task. It's just hard with all the stuff I have going on and I'm not able to keep things updated when I'm at work as easily lately. But I'll try. I haven't posted in SparkPeople for a while and have that readily available. I can do this again and will. Last night we went to the Knights of Columbus for dinner and I had french fries, fried shrimp and a beer and today I'm very bloated. Not a good choice. I haven't had ANY alcohol since I started this journey and now see why. That's okay - it was worth it!!!! :)

Thanks Julie for your support - I appreciate it very much.

Breakfast - rice krispie bar (homemade); 2 pieces of Wonder Light White toast with spray butter and 2 TBSP Peanut Butter; 1 Mott's Natural Applesauce Cup

Chris

Your vacation plans sound great! It will be so relaxing for you.

I think you are right to get back to the basics, and how you lost those 52 lbs. You will get the weight coming back off in no time! Look at what you have accomplished so far - you need new clothes since you are way to small for your old ones! GREAT JOB!!! :thumbsup2

Keep it up and have a wonderful trip! :banana:

Thanks Amy!

Well I've come here just to do a few things. I had my radioactive iodine test today and the rest is tomorrow morning. They do one with the iodine pill today and then another one in the morning to see where it is in comparison of where it is with the pill. We'll see how that goes. I don't go back to the doc until May 2 so I probably won't know anything until then. On April 24 I have a 6 month mammogram to look at a spot we saw back in the fall on my right breast. I've been putting off getting it scheduled for various reasons but did it yesterday. I was in a slump/depressive state last night and I couldn't figure out why and it hit me today. I'm having this thyroid problem and have to do a 6 month check on a breast spot - hmmmm..... I need to stop doing that to myself (getting depressed when I do these types of appointments) because both of these are important to my health and well-being. I have my yearly checkup on the 24th also and I'm sort of excited about that - I can't wait for her to see how much weight I've lost so far. She's going to be very pleased with me.

Now the second reason why I came here. I've been doing really poor on my weight loss the last two months. I'm heading on vacation next Thursday and am also a bit depressed because I'm not down anymore. So I'm going to let this journal fade away. When I come back on the 24th, I'm going to start a new one. Start this journey anew and try to take off running with it again. I think that's what I need right now. I'm going to work on printing this one off though so I can have it to refer back to. But I have do something and I think that will help. I haven't been able to keep up on others journals because my job has been so hectic and my nighttime has been so taken. I want to change that when I get back also.

Thank you all so much for all your support. I'll see you all when I get back on the 24th - a renewed and ready to kick butt me!!!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful easter/passover.

Chris

Have a great trip and I'll see you in your new journal when you get back! :thumbsup2

Hi there,

Hope you are having a great time...You have a great outlook for when you come back. Look forward to reading your new journal.

Keep it up!!!

Praying that all your tests will come back with good results. I'll be visiting your new journal soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter