• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not confirmed about DVC and Ft. Wilderness only open but it is being put out there as a possibility. I am just thinking about this too much. Need to relax! :rolleyes1

Who else got another Disney survey about their upcoming trip? Just had one for trip in August. Basically asking if we were aware of the new protocols. It did include virtual lines as one of the items as "in place" which was the only thing in the list that I wasn't 100% sure they were implementing (but I guess that confirms it). Only question that was a bit out there and not really addressed before was it asked "how likely are you to take Disney transportation to the following..."

Who else got another Disney survey about their upcoming trip? Just had one for trip in August. Basically asking if we were aware of the new protocols. It did include virtual lines as one of the items as "in place" which was the only thing in the list that I wasn't 100% sure they were implementing (but I guess that confirms it). Only question that was a bit out there and not really addressed before was it asked "how likely are you to take Disney transportation to the following..."
I got one.

Any questions about park hopping?

Not that I noticed. One of the items was "will you cancel if...." It mentioned "special events" being cancelled (I'm guessing maybe MNSSHP?) or Disney changing your resort. I did not notice any language on park hoppers, but admittedly I wasn't really looking.
EVERYONE SAY THEY WILL CANCEL. MNSSHP OR NOTHINGGGGG!

...it could work...😁

It is not confirmed about DVC and Ft. Wilderness only open but it is being put out there as a possibility. I am just thinking about this too much. Need to relax! :rolleyes1

Until they announce any other rersort openings sure it remains a possibility. Still think that probability is very low.

There are always people willing to pay for less. It’s how they get away with what they do. I’m not one of themanymore, but then I quit doing the parties when Disney thought stuffing them to the point you couldn’t move was a great idea. There’s one positive out of this, they can’t do that, at least not for a while. I’m willing to give Disney all my money, I just expect something good in return.

I am somewhat one of those folks. I'm okay with no parades, fireworks, meet and greets, and even TS dining. If my kids were still little or it was our first trip, then I'd wait. But since we have been several times and my kids are older (14 and almost 11), the other stuff, while nice and we enjoy, we are okay with missing out on. For me, the thing that would cause me to cancel because of the loss of value is if attractions are closed. I would hate to pay all of that money and have some shows or rides closed.

I am somewhat one of those folks. I'm okay with no parades, fireworks, meet and greets, and even TS dining. If my kids were still little or it was our first trip, then I'd wait. But since we have been several times and my kids are older (14 and almost 11), the other stuff, while nice and we enjoy, we are okay with missing out on. For me, the thing that would cause me to cancel because of the loss of value is if attractions are closed. I would hate to pay all of that money and have some shows or rides closed.
In the survey it asked what "other" circumstances would cause us to cancel. I put closure of some attractions as one (and availability of the pools) Some of the shows would be really hard to put on - I don't see how the Festival of the Lion King could open with distancing in place - but others could operate pretty easily. If they start closing things like Muppets, COP, or other inside attractions, we will cancel.

This would be our 3rd trip in 2 1/2 years. My kids are also older - and informed me they didn't like the parades anyway.

We still want to go on a vacation. We don't really care about M&Gs or parades and we could take or leave fireworks. This might be a good opportunity to be in Disney parks with incredibly low crowd levels.

DS and I feel the same way. I retired in February and have an AP that I am aching to use. DS and I have reservations at Sports at the end of September. If things aren't horrible we plan on going and just do what we can do. DS doesn't do the nighttime stuff and we don't do characters. Eating is no big deal either. The heat and wearing a mask will be a pain but we will see.

We still want to go on a vacation. We don't really care about M&Gs or parades and we could take or leave fireworks. This might be a good opportunity to be in Disney parks with incredibly low crowd levels.
We're on the fence. We want to go, and we're even trying to get the kids started on practicing with masks in the heat (and practicing myself as well). There are just so many factors, and a big part of it right now is all the unknowns. I'd really like to know WHAT we're in for - I know it will be a reduced experience, but how much? Part of the attraction of it is that some of the reductions could make it a more relaxed trip. Quieter parks, not as much running around due to the reductions. However, my worry is that there will be just too little to do, and we won't even get to enjoy more relaxing - the big one being pool closures (i.e., Stormalong Bay). If there are too few choices for dining, we can't make a quick trip back into a park, we can only go to a basic pool, nothing to really walk around and see because too much is closed or restricted, then it's just not worth the hassle or risk of traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter