• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "rumor" tells us nothing. All it tells us is the CM they talked to didn't know what the park hopping policy was going to be. Obviously Disney wouldn't be automatically refunding PH tickets if hopping were allowed...
They don't have a new script yet. They get it Sunday/Monday. But as I stated from the start. Early on park hopping isn't possible to maintain the safety precautions. Later possibly. But if the new reboot on the fp system doesn't start moving more rapidly and quit having issues they will have to go to the secondary option of all lines stand by. Which they don't want.

Ok, yes, I know all that. I have put the dots together and I personally am expecting park hopping to not be allowed. People have just been asking if it has been confirmed by Disney yet or is still an unconfirmed (even if assumed and all signs point to YES) rumor, since things get hard to keep track of in here, and I was just sharing that as of right now, Disney still hasn't announced it to the public.
True no announcement. Publicly yet.

Trying to distance people in something like Philharmagic (or insert any other indoor theatre) I think would be a massive pain, unless it’s a less busy one. People don’t listen as it is when they’re told not to stop in the middle of the row.

Im going to continue speculating they could use big air conditioned theatres as mask break areas. They could control where people sit easier like that too.
Not the best idea to use inside areas for mask breaks. Mask breaks need to be outside.

Not the best idea to use inside areas for mask breaks. Mask breaks need to be outside.

Yeah, but where do you have a big enough area to distance families apart outdoors that is out of the way? Hub grass? That’s why my brain went to the indoor theatres. Especially because a lot of the people needing breaks are also going to want to cool off in Florida summer heat.

Im really curious what they mean by the no mask areas.

They don't have a new script yet. They get it Sunday/Monday. But as I stated from the start. Early on park hopping isn't possible to maintain the safety precautions. Later possibly. But if the new reboot on the fp system doesn't start moving more rapidly and quit having issues they will have to go to the secondary option of all lines stand by. Which they don't want.

Oh I completely agree about there being no park hopping. I was more commenting on the clickbait nature of the "rumor". They took "we don't know if there will be PH allowed" to "Disney might not refund PH tickets". Of course I fell for it...

Oh I completely agree about there being no park hopping. I was more commenting on the clickbait nature of the "rumor". They took "we don't know if there will be PH allowed" to "Disney might not refund PH tickets". Of course I fell for it...

yeah headline is very misleading.
if they do announce no park hopping they will refund it but not until it is anbounced.

Star wars galaxy edge

I was curious how they were going to enforce social distancing in there and also on a ride like RoTR which would seem to have too much unsupervised guests standing around in enclosed spaces. Although I guess they could have CMs accompany people for those parts and have the First Order CMs also be aggro about social distancing.

I agree that park hopping seems to be unlikely as a matter of practicality since demand will probably outpace capacity early on, but I would think the system could still at least allow for it kind of like a fast pass for a second park in the same day. Once you've "used" your reservation, you can get a new one if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter