Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think so. They need to cut down the amount of resort reservations at this time. My guess is there are still too many rooms occupied for the reopening time and they’re hoping more cancel or they’ll forcefully cancel them when they announce which resorts won’t be opening.
Even if all the hotel room on property are filled it's still only a percentage of capacity. I don't know what percentage but I wouldn't think more than 50%. That's IF ALL rooms are filled which we know they won't be.

Didn't they initially design the boarding passes for this exact purpose though?
Yes, but not with the added challenge of social distancing. You can’t have people just standing around outside the land waiting for their boarding group. You cant have the rush at rope drop to get a boarding group. And more importantly, most of the things in the land can’t be opened because of social distancing.

Wait? Let me understand this right you think everyone that currently has a resport reservation wont get int the parks?
I am sure of it.
Just to add color: I think Disney will everything they can to avoid canceling guests, even if it means bribing them to move their reservation to next year. But there were dates nearly sold out over the next few months which is something like 100,000 guests just on site, and they can’t handle that attendance level if they are sincerely sticking to what they told the state.

So, Remy, I am just clinging to last night (was it last night?) when you said that everything will be reevaluated in approx 6-8 weeks after park opening. With all the changes last night/today, it just makes it seem that these restrictions are more longterm. I keep reassuring myself that they are going to look at everything again and possible lift some restrictions sooner if they feel it's safe. Right? Our current reservation (after 4 cancelled) is end of October and I am so hoping things have at least a chance of changing by then. I feel like you have all the info...
Some are long term. Some can be modified. Honestly,, the situation is fluid and things change daily. Seems anytime I talk to anyone at any of the big 3 companies, something else is changing. And disney being the biggest one. It happens the most. I'd give it till the end of August and see what they are saying then. I'm aware of some things I can't post but I'll either post or allude to things I can.

My money would be on the travel agent, assuming the travel agent had an official-looking screenshot :rotfl:

I'm just saying Disney still hasn't announced they made that change official yet.
Its a FB post of what someone’s TA told them. I can assure you all TAs have not been informed of this. I do not know how that person’s TA got the info. Yesterday the leak to some FB TA was confirmed by DPB post and TA news blast later in the evening.

Yes, but not with the added challenge of social distancing. You can’t have people just standing around outside the land waiting for their boarding group. You cant have the rush at rope drop to get a boarding group. And more importantly, most of the things in the land can’t be opened because of social distancing.
I think both Savi's and Droid depot can be socially distanced pretty easily. You just limit the people coming in and then space it out more.

OK- I am waving a white flag on reading 50 pages of missed info. I know about the canceled ADRs, DDP, and FP from last night, but can someone summarize today's 50 pages please?
Check the stickied/locked thread for the real “news” of the day, minus the snark we provide 😀

I am dying to know what kind of deal they will offer to people to rebook for next year. ALMOST makes me wish I had a trip booked for this summer just to volunteer as tribute.
I vote 35% off. Granted resorts will go up 25% in costs and all food and experiences up 20% to make up for the social distancing and increased food costs so you’ll still lose money at the end of the day to the Mouse.

I am dying to know what kind of deal they will offer to people to rebook for next year. ALMOST makes me wish I had a trip booked for this summer just to volunteer as tribute.

I know! I'm almost...jealous? 😂

Sigh. Maybe there will still be some kind of discount next year...

Its a FB post of what someone’s TA told them. I can assure you all TAs have not been informed of this. I do not know how that person’s TA got the info. Yesterday the leak to some FB TA was confirmed by DPB post and TA news blast later in the evening.

Ohhh, I don't think I knew about a specific FB post or anything. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up!

OK- I am waving a white flag on reading 50 pages of missed info. I know about the canceled ADRs, DDP, and FP from last night, but can someone summarize today's 50 pages please?
The last 50 pages: We don't have any clue what's going on and are frustrated about it.
I guess you say that's the last 900 pages before that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter