Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah those goalposts are moved constantly. The removal of Burudika was the tipping point way back when...

You mean everybody who was outraged with the lack of communication and openness from Disney March to July and claimed it was the final straw didn’t mean it? 🙃

For real, if you care enough to post a lot on the DISboards you’re probably an addict who isn’t gonna let it go easy. No shame, we’re all mad here.

You mean everybody who was outraged with the lack of communication and openness from Disney March to July and claimed it was the final straw didn’t mean it? 🙃

For real, if you care enough to post a lot on the DISboards you’re probably an addict who isn’t gonna let it go easy. No shame, we’re all mad here.

No shame at all from me. I swore I wouldn't wear a mask there and I now have 3 boxes saved for our trip in JUNE. :sad2: :rotfl2:

Nah those goalposts are moved constantly. The removal of Burudika was the tipping point way back when...

Completely agree with both of you. I may disappointed and really, really feel for the performers, but I'm still going. No use in pretending.

So this has me wondering about Yeehaw Bob who used to perform at Riverside ... hope he is doing okay too. We used to love seeing his show - taking the boats to Disney Springs for some shopping :)
He performs on FB every few weeks. Seems he’s hanging in there. Thinking of POR/POFQ sitting empty indefinitely is just too depressing.

I might get that last line printed on a shirt. 😂

Same thing was said when schools opened last month.

Same thing was said around here (NJ) for Memorial Day (when gatherings started being allowed and things started reopening) , Father’s Day, July 4, Labor Day, when indoor dining started, when beaches opened, when schools reopened. But our numbers have continued to go down or stay pretty steady. Hospitalizations are very low.

I think Disney will be fine.

Last edited:

To a certain extent, I agree with you. Tough decisions like this have to be made at the moment, but the jury is still out what the Disney experience will look like in five or six years. God willing, the packed crowds at Disney prior to March will be back but will some of these "extras" be back? History tells us no. And that's really hard for a lot of these CMs, and I think we could all do a better job of understanding that frustration. Certainly that frustration is not unique to Disney at the moment, but these are the people that you and I expect (not hope, but expect) to routinely go "above and beyond" and they do a lot for us fans. It's easy for us to brush it off when we're removed from it, but for some of these people (who put a lot of emotional energy into what they do), it's really hard. I have not encountered many other workplaces where the employees have quite the level of emotional investment beyond Disney. So sure, decisions like this need to be made but that doesn't mean they are made without consequences to those involved, so I take issue with being told to "brush it off."
In all fairness @Farro can be a little jagged around the edges, but I took the original comment to be more of a general “we have a lot of ‘pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps’” left to do before this is all over.
Which, in all fairness, you have been eloquently telling this thread all along.

I agree with the sentiment that this is a deep wound, compounded by many others, that Disney will need to heal in order for CM to keep the general magic in place. I really hope the rest of the year continues to be relatively successful, and TWDC can “right the ship” to start a meaningful recovery.

In all fairness @Farro can be a little jagged around the edges, but I took the original comment to be more of a general “we have a lot of ‘pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps’” left to do before this is all over.

I agree with the sentiment that this is a deep wound, compounded by many others, that Disney will need to heal in order for CM to keep the general magic in place. I really hope the rest of the year continues to be relatively successful, and TWDC can “right the ship” to start a meaningful recovery.

Um, thanks? 😬 ;)

Last edited:
No shame at all from me. I swore I wouldn't wear a mask there and I now have 3 boxes saved for our trip in JUNE. :sad2: :rotfl2:

As time moves on, people move their own goalposts. What you weren’t comfortable with doing a few months ago could easily change, and could be said with the opposite.

I couldn’t wait until the gyms opened, even complaining that it took so long for them to open. I went once, saw it was being run very poorly and havent gone back since. I’m usually not the Karen type to “I want to see your manager”, but I wrote them a lengthy email describing what I experienced and how I was not comfortable, and even if its just me thats uncomfortable, thats 1 person too many. I have been told that its been addressed and when I go back some time this week and it was just them telling me it was addressed, and nothing has changed, I have no issue reporting them.

I want to be able to return to the places I love going to, and to me Disney has put their money where their mouth is in terms of safety. Sure, they may have their hiccups from time to time, but they’ve seemed to be quick at adjusting quickly. I too was on the fence in May about whether masks would be a deal breaker for me to go back to Disney, and now that I’ve done it in probably the peak heat season, I have no issue having to do it again. But I’m also 32 years old with no children, so mask comfortability when I only have to worry about myself is a lot easier than having kids wear theirs in the heat all day.

He performs on FB every few weeks. Seems he’s hanging in there. Thinking of POR/POFQ sitting empty indefinitely is just too depressing.
I was just going to "Like" your post but didn't want to be misinterpreted. I am Happy Yeehaw Bob is still performing here and there and hanging in there, Not Happy that POR/POFQ is sitting empty and depressing.
:)

As time moves on, people move their own goalposts. What you weren’t comfortable with doing a few months ago could easily change, and could be said with the opposite.

I couldn’t wait until the gyms opened, even complaining that it took so long for them to open. I went once, saw it was being run very poorly and havent gone back since. I’m usually not the Karen type to “I want to see your manager”, but I wrote them a lengthy email describing what I experienced and how I was not comfortable, and even if its just me thats uncomfortable, thats 1 person too many. I have been told that its been addressed and when I go back some time this week and it was just them telling me it was addressed, and nothing has changed, I have no issue reporting them.

I want to be able to return to the places I love going to, and to me Disney has put their money where their mouth is in terms of safety. Sure, they may have their hiccups from time to time, but they’ve seemed to be quick at adjusting quickly. I too was on the fence in May about whether masks would be a deal breaker for me to go back to Disney, and now that I’ve done it in probably the peak heat season, I have no issue having to do it again. But I’m also 32 years old with no children, so mask comfortability when I only have to worry about myself is a lot easier than having kids wear theirs in the heat all day.
This also isn’t all happening in a vacuum. There really isn’t anywhere in the US where you can go on vacation and get a pre-COVID vacation. This is normal life now and most people (including myself) were in denial about that fact back in March/April/May. It’s going to take a long time before we get back to the pre-COVID world if we ever do.

This also isn’t all happening in a vacuum. There really isn’t anywhere in the US where you can go on vacation and get a pre-COVID vacation. This is normal life now and most people (including myself) were in denial about that fact back in March/April/May. It’s going to take a long time before we get back to the pre-COVID world if we ever do.

I might add that Disney could win for those where it isn’t happening in a vacuum, so long as FL doesn’t balloon in cases again. We did a remarkably magical Orlando week in August, and immediately followed it up with a week RV-ing in SE Idaho. While the camping was wonderful as always, the touristy area we were in in Idaho was a complete dumpster fire for pandemic common sense. It made us happy to keep our upcoming Thanksgiving week at POP, and a little sad for the town we left.

I understand and apologized. I feel like that part’s been missed. But I agree, there’s going to be last effects from this that we’ve only just begun to see, unfortunately.

I actually can see them hosting fireworks shows after hours much like they did when they tested them out. Just blast the music, have a live feed on the resort tv's and let people hear the music and see some fireworks from their hotel and surrounding areas. It would be cool if they could do some sort of projections in the sky. The best part of Christmas at Disney is getting emotional during the fireworks shows. I still hold out hope.
That’s probably harder than doing fireworks in the parks. At least in the parks they can have tape down for where people stand. And have CMs to police the areas. If they do them after parks close, everyone will be flocking to the beach at Poly, Cali Grille, Narcoosees dock, etc and the social distancing will be awful.

I understand and apologized. I feel like that part’s been missed. But I agree, there’s going to be last effects from this that we’ve only just begun to see, unfortunately.
So much can be lost in electronic fonts. I feel like we (all) could have a better conversation at the newly reopened Dawa and be better for it. I wasn’t trying to call you out, in any way. More offering support for the both of you.

So much can be lost in electronic fonts. I feel like we (all) could have a better conversation at the newly reopened Dawa and be better for it. I wasn’t trying to call you out, in any way. More offering support for the both of you.
Didn’t take it that way at all, my friend! Just wanted to clarify. And I’ll gladly take a drink at Dawa during these trying times!

We’ll get back to normal, but there will be more awareness. And that’s what will last the longest. Social distancing and masks will go away, whenever that may be, but that doesn’t mean everyone will ditch their mask and stand close enough to smell what a stranger ate for lunch the day those things are lifted. No one will forget what we lived through this year, and however long we deal with it, but like with everything else, there will come a time when people allow themselves to get comfortable in situations where they currently aren’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter