• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually just thinking about this today. There are certain viruses that we can’t seem to solve. Per Wikipedia. “There are as yet no vaccines or antiviral drugs to prevent or treat human coronavirus infections.” And to clarify this isn’t covid-19. This is all of the coronaviruses (virusii?) known to affect humans.
We've never "cured" the common cold. Corona viruses aren't much different, just generally a lot worse.

I noticed the clarification on face coverings (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/#drawer-card-faceCoveringsTemperatureChecks). Does anyone think (or guess) if the neck gaiter/Balaclava will be allowed since it doesn't have ear loops? I didn't know if anyone has seen these at Disney Springs.

Can you just cut holes to make ear loops? They probably just don’t want it falling down. They don’t work for me because they are too loose and fall down constantly, but I know a lot of people prefer this style.

So far I've lost Homecoming and Chef Mickey's. It's interesting to see which of my ADRs lasts the longest.
I’ve lost Trattoria al Forno, T-Rex and O’hana so far. Only ones left are in the park. I have 4 left that before they cancel them too.

I actually have 5 left: BOG, GG, Skipper Canteen, Yak and Yeti and Sci-Fi. I’m going with GG to go last.

I still have Crystal Palace, 50s, Mama Melrose, and Le Cellier. I think Le Cellier sticks around the longest.
I am surprised at how long it is taking to wipe the ADR system. Guess it’s like one restaurant at a time? Or certain batches of restaurants at once? I’m too depressed about losing my 3rd Disney trip to watch for a pattern lol...

I know there’s been some not fun news the last few days but I noticed something on the DVC website that may very well have already been posted here but I think it’s been overlooked:
  • Restaurants and quick-service dining locations will be available in each of our Disney Resort hotels, though our menus and operating hours may be adjusted. Guests are also encouraged to use our convenient mobile order service, where available.
Not only does this seem to confirm they’ll be operating certain hotel-side amenities at the mixed use resorts, but for those wondering about TS dining, this seems to confirm it’ll at least be available at the resorts (as well as QS). Perhaps I’m late to the party on this but very interesting.

Did I read somewhere on this thread about phone CMs getting some kind of new script for Sunday or Monday? If so, any guesses as to what that might involve?

I noticed the clarification on face coverings (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/#drawer-card-faceCoveringsTemperatureChecks). Does anyone think (or guess) if the neck gaiter/Balaclava will be allowed since it doesn't have ear loops? I didn't know if anyone has seen these at Disney Springs.
It says “should” not must so maybe it’ll be fine. I’ve seen them mentioned numerous times here so I suspect someone will wear one in parks soon after previews kick off.

I still have The Plaza, BOG, Sci-Fi, Le Cellier, Tonys, and 50's showing. I know it’s time to throw away my planning sheet for this trip, but this represents so much planning that I can’t do it yet. Literally everything has changed except the hotel (which I guess still could) and the dates (which could also if I’m not able to get park reservations) **dramatic sigh**

Attachments

• 88D23322-35A0-47B9-B990-1494E9DF9B21.jpeg
    88D23322-35A0-47B9-B990-1494E9DF9B21.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 59
I have reservations at an off site time share for September and already had purchased MNSSHP tickets but not our park tickets. I just purchased them tonight from UT to see if I could attach them to my magic bands. It’s been 4 hours and my order is still “processing” but if it ever goes through I’ll post the results. I believe someone earlier said they had success.
Following

I have reservations at an off site time share for September and already had purchased MNSSHP tickets but not our park tickets. I just purchased them tonight from UT to see if I could attach them to my magic bands. It’s been 4 hours and my order is still “processing” but if it ever goes through I’ll post the results. I believe someone earlier said they had success.
I had success with linking two tickets today

Days can’t really be hoarded, as from what we know you’ll only be able to book one park per day and that ability is tied to having valid tickets.

It would make sense that people can reserve up to the number of days on their ticket, some limit for AP’s (we have heard 3), or length of stay for APs with a reservation. ADRs don’t have that kind of limitation. Even FP had less limitation than that.

3 seems incredibly low. I was thinking 7 like the number of FP days we can hold. It depends on how quickly days run out. I’m all for giving priority to those on vacation, as long as APs are extended until it goes back to not needing a reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter