CRT ADR Capped at 8

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
We have a party of 9, and it looks like CRT ADR online is capped at 8. Should I book 8, to try to get a table where we can sit together, and then book 1 and try and get it combined; or would it be better to book 5 and 4 and hope for the best?

Are there any tables that big there anyway?

There is at least 1 table that would hold your entire party...but be prepared to be split up. We had a reservation for 8 last year. When my son called to make the reservation, he asked if we could be seated at one table. The CM said yes but that it wasn't guaranteed and that they would make a note of it on our reservation. We confirmed that the note was on our reservation a few more times right up to check-in for the ADR where they said, "I see you've requested to be at one table. We'll do our best to accommodate that." Long story short, we waited 45 minutes while many parties of 4 or less checked in after us and were seated before us. When we were finally seated, we walked right past an empty table for 10 (that was set for 8) and were seated at 2 tables for 4. When we questioned why we were being seated at 2 tables when we requested (and thought we waited for) a table that would accommodate all of us, the CM just said they weren't able to honor our request. It wasn't a big deal and it all worked out fine but that table for 10 sat empty the entire time we were there. I suspect that *was* our table but there was a communication breakdown somewhere.

There is at least 1 table that would hold your entire party...but be prepared to be split up. We had a reservation for 8 last year. When my son called to make the reservation, he asked if we could be seated at one table. The CM said yes but that it wasn't guaranteed and that they would make a note of it on our reservation. We confirmed that the note was on our reservation a few more times right up to check-in for the ADR where they said, "I see you've requested to be at one table. We'll do our best to accommodate that." Long story short, we waited 45 minutes while many parties of 4 or less checked in after us and were seated before us. When we were finally seated, we walked right past an empty table for 10 (that was set for 8) and were seated at 2 tables for 4. When we questioned why we were being seated at 2 tables when we requested (and thought we waited for) a table that would accommodate all of us, the CM just said they weren't able to honor our request. It wasn't a big deal and it all worked out fine but that table for 10 sat empty the entire time we were there. I suspect that *was* our table but there was a communication breakdown somewhere.

So, you called when your 180+ window opened, and didn't have any trouble getting the ADR?

If your 180 is soon, you really shouldn't have an issue getting an ADR unless you are completely rigid on time.

So, you called when your 180+ window opened, and didn't have any trouble getting the ADR?

Correct. In fact, we had a few options for dates and times and we didn't call right at 180 days. It was probably a week after that. But I'll mention that we wanted a late (8:00 ish) dinner. If you're trying for a popular time it might not be as easy.

We ate as a party of 10 at one table with a 4:00 ADR. I had to call to book it when my 180 opened.

I booked the 8 online and the phone CM was able to adjust it to 10. Online the largest party was 8.

We ate as a party of 10 at one table with a 4:00 ADR. I had to call to book it when my 180 opened.

I booked the 8 online and the phone CM was able to adjust it to 10. Online the largest party was 8.

Good to hear - I think that will be my strategy since I'll be too paranoid not to book at 6am!

This was an ADR in Oct 2015, but back then I had an ADR for 10 for lunch. We were seated at two tables they must have pushed together.

Was just playing around with a friend's MDE at 185 days and noticed that lunch and dinner at CRT were limited to a party of 8 or less, but breakfast actually allowed me to enter a party of 9. It's enough to make me want to book breakfast instead (did I tell you I hate talking on the phone!?). And, the app didn't show a dinner table for any party size, it was only on my PC that I saw availability. Is that normal?

Last edited:
We were able to secure a party of 10 once. I secured two split reservations, one for six and one for four. The times were about 15 minutes apart. We arrived early for our reservation and they were able to put us at one long table. (I had called and this is what a CM suggested we do.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter