Crazy last minute holiday trip!

Antonia

DIS Veteran
My DH and I - and our two grandchildren - have platinum annual passes. So I said to myself we should go to WDW right after Christmas! We check in the day after Christmas and check out New Year's Eve! We are resort hopping! We'll rarely have to worry about making our beds! Our first two nights at SSR (waitlisted for OKW), the 3rd night at Poly, the 4th night BLT, and the 5th night OKW (waitlisted for VWL).No dining plan to worry about. Our grands are 6 & 9 year old Disney veterans - 4th trip this year. Mainly going to see decorations and enjoy the holiday ambiance of WDW. They don't know we're going - don't want to take away from Christmas. Anyone have any tips or thoughts on a trip like this?

Wow!

Honestly, I would use the waitlists to get something continuous. You are seasoned WDW goers, have a great time!

I would use one of your one day stays to get the dining plan. Good from morning of check in until evening of check out. It's a lot of food for multiple days, but perfect for a nice couple of meals over 2 days.

Advice: Have a blast! That's a lot of moving, but oh the sights you'll see. One thing I'd definitely do, and you likely know this being experienced, is take an afternoon or evening and do a tour of various resorts' holiday decorations: WL, GC, Yacht Club, and a lesser known one, FW. The first, WL, is my favorite place to enjoy Christmas decorations, though I admit GC's are quite lovely, as well. My next favorite are all the RVers lights and displays at FW--they are all over, and some of them are extremely well done and cute. You might even snag a carriage ride at FW one evening and go by quite a few of them.

Oh, yeah, one more thing--pack light! ;)

I once had a reservation and changed between two resorts Saratoga Springs, then two days at Bay Lake Tower. The only issue I had was charging something on my magic band. Though I did have the meal plan which got a little screwed up, charging something to the room was a bit tricky too because depending on what time of day something was charged depended what room it was charged to.

I think I will do the dining plan for or day and stretch it over 2 days! Good idea! And I had not thought of charging issues. That's why I posted this thread - so people could help me think of things I have not thought of! Thanks!

We have a 6 night 4 resort stay starting next week. I read that by going to the front desk to check-out can minimize wrist band issues with opening the door at the next resort and charges.

Enjoy!

I wouldn't plan on getting into the next villa early in the day. More likely 4PM or later. So I'd do as bobbiwoz suggested, waitlist consecutive nights to move as little as possible. Plus stalk the RAT.

When resort hopping like this, if you bring your bag to bell services, they will transfer everything to your new room while you're out enjoying your day.

Sounds like fun, enjoy! I enjoy resort hopping, while my spouse does not, so we usually compromise with no more then 2 resorts over the course of the stay. I think your trip sounds great.

As others have said magic bands may be the only issue, though check out at the desk for each resort and if you do have an issue, it should be able to be fixed easily enough.

I was at GF and PV before MVMCP last night and while I love all of the resorts decorations, GF is amazing and I agree that WL and FW are worth the trip. Enjoy!

ETA, I realize you are almost done your trip. I will leave my post for others thinking of doing this.

My dh and I just did this. We did do the deluxe meal plan every other night and had a signature meal and then a sit-down meal the next day. It was so fun! We stayed at BWV, Poly, VGF, and BLT. Saw all of the Christmas decorations and did the parks near the hotels. I would recommend it as long as you have a go with the flow mentality. Luckily, all of our rooms were ready by 1 pm at the latest( which I know is rare!) so we were never without a room. ALso, use bell services to transfer your luggage to your next hotel to save yourself time. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter