Crab legs at Cape May thread-crab legs still going strong! :)

Included Dates: August 31 - October 3, 2014 October 26 - November 1, 2014 November 9 - November 20, 2014 December 12 - December 23, 2014

Thank you!

Typical, though, that we arrive on a day that free dining begins. I'll keep hoping it's just rumor and not fact. And call before we go.

Ate there tonight and my daughter ate pounds and mor pounds of crab legs. Asked two managers and both said crab legs have not been discontinued and they have heard nothing about them going away. I told them they aren't on menu anymore on Disney's websites and they said they would attempt to find out why.

Thank you for your report!! We'll be there in a little over 2 weeks and my son will be just devastated if the crab legs are gone. Fingers crossed they'll still be there when we get there.

I totally trust information from TeenaS. She knows. Her post was from 7/24/14 so it's very recent.
It sounds like it's a Disney website omission, and that's all.

So since I keep reading how the managers are going to get the menu fixed on the website, I have been checking daily. :)

Today, I cannot get the dinner menu to show-anyone having this problem? Could it be they are indeed adding crab legs back on so that is why the menu is not showing up? :goodvibes

Included Dates:
August 31 - October 3, 2014
October 26 - November 1, 2014
November 9 - November 20, 2014
December 12 - December 23, 2014

Bear in mind that free dining for us Canadians begins August 17th. So, uh, even if there are crab legs during our free dining, we may polish them all off before your dates open. We likes our crab. :)

If the DDP is "killing" Cape May's profit, up the credits required.

Sometimes I think Disney makes things way too complicated.

"Free Dining" is a money-maker for Disney or they wouldn't be doing it. If they're sticking it to the restaurant budgets, why should the customers be the one's getting hosed? It's a vicious cycle of lowered quality/higher cost or credits.

Ate there tonight and my daughter ate pounds and mor pounds of crab legs. Asked two managers and both said crab legs have not been discontinued and they have heard nothing about them going away. I told them they aren't on menu anymore on Disney's websites and they said they would attempt to find out why.

Ate there a couple days ago and CM said crab legs would be there until free dining.

If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard/read about conflicting or contradicting info like this from CMs, I could............ afford a WDW vacation!!! :rotfl:
Oh well. I am hoping the 2 manager's are right but if not, it is what it is. We are going during FD. Have ADR but if I hear beforehand that crab legs are definitely gone, probably will cancel before the penalty.
Will be following this thread closely come Aug 31-Sept 5

Great News!!! I have Ressies for 8/30 and was just wondering yesterday--since the thread died off!! :beach: Thanks for posting!! Save some for us!!!!!

Here tonight 8/5 and crab legs abound!!

How was the dinner buffet? We are going next year but I'm such a foodie that I'm planning a year in advance :rotfl: we are deciding between dinner at Chefs de France or walking over to BC for dinner at CM- this is on out Epcot day.

How was the dinner buffet? We are going next year but I'm such a foodie that I'm planning a year in advance :rotfl: we are deciding between dinner at Chefs de France or walking over to BC for dinner at CM- this is on out Epcot day.

My kids and husband love cape may more than anything. Lots to choose from, and the crab legs last night were delish! Going again tomorrow night.

Is it just me? When I go on the WDW website there is now no Cape May Cafe dinner menu only breakfast or a Thanksgiving dinner kids choices. :scratchin Could this be the end of all dinner items there not just crab legs?! ;) Kidding!!!

Is it just me? When I go on the WDW website there is now no Cape May Cafe dinner menu only breakfast or a Thanksgiving dinner kids choices. :scratchin Could this be the end of all dinner items there not just crab legs?! ;) Kidding!!!

It's not just you. I'm seeing the same choices.

OHHHH!! Please say the crab legs will stay on the menu. We have 2 ressie's there next month. Cape May is my husbands favorite choice of all week wants to go there at least 2x during our stay. If they have them removed our 1st visit of the week I will just cancel the 2nd ressie. :confused3

I would hope that they would close down and reopen as a different restaurant and not just gut the menu when people have made reservations months in advance expecting that the most popular item is still on the menu. To me it is like going to Le Celier and not having steak on the menu

Same here. Just checked. I see:

Thanksgiving Kids' Offerings
Macaroni & Cheese
Fried Cod Nuggets
Glazed Carrots

I've heard of "Christmas in July" but never "Thanksgiving in August" :rotfl2:
I wonder if they got so many comments about the the Crab Legs NOT being on the online menu that they took the menu down temporarily to correct or adjust it?

Same here. Just checked. I see:

Thanksgiving Kids' Offerings
Macaroni & Cheese
Fried Cod Nuggets
Glazed Carrots

I've heard of "Christmas in July" but never "Thanksgiving in August" :rotfl2:
I wonder if they got so many comments about the the Crab Legs NOT being on the online menu that they took the menu down temporarily to correct or adjust it?

I was thinking the same, but goodness it's been like this for a couple weeks I believe. I posted about it way back in this thread.
You'd think adding crab legs back on would have been a quick fix. Maybe they are redoing the whole menu? :confused3 popcorn::

My kids and husband love cape may more than anything. Lots to choose from, and the crab legs last night were delish! Going again tomorrow night.

That's great to hear! I was just trying to decide between Chefs and Cape May - the meal I want at Chefs is a seafood meal that costs about $35 so why not pay a few dollars more and get unlimited seafood at Cape May? ;) :cool1:

Plus i've never really had French food - i'd rather drop a large amount of money on food I know I like (seafood) vs. something i'm unsure of. There just aren't enough days in the World! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter