Fast pass is back…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the thing that I am realizing regarding the international issue. Disney IT is terrible. I took my son and DIL to Disney a few years ago and they had their own room. There was a mix up with the names on the reservation and my name was on both rooms. so I called and they took me off one of them. Since then I have never been able to do online check in. They did something in the background and now it thinks I am my son. I am petty positive about this but despite many calls they cannot figure out the issue.

My point is the app and Genie + were developed and made to perform all purchasing and using of that part of the app while you are on site in the US. and rather than develop the updated LL part of the app properly to allow for international guest to purchase it, they just switched the name and made the functionality parts work but didn’t change that aspect and didn't have any desire too. 🙄🙄

This sounds good but my trip is 9/4-9/12 . My AP expires on 9/4 and I was planning on renewing as soon as I arrived on 9/4. This means I would not be able to purchase the new multi-lightening pass and use to select rides ahead of time. I wanted to purchase using Disney GCs but I don’t think I can do this online or via phone,

Sadly, this is the problem. They will do the minimum they can to keep things running and if they can blame any issues on ‘foreigners’ (or any other arbitrary thing) they will, rather than fix the issues.

I think this will be the first thing that has a major impact on many thousands (or hundreds of thousands) though, as their doesn’t seem to be a workaround. As DVC owners we’re now not competing with offsite guests, we’re 3 days behind them with no chance at all!

Hopefully the feedback may make them look at their systems rather than passing the blame. I’m not sure how much of our annual dues (if any) goes to these kind of general things, but we certainly don’t get a discount for not being American. :-)

This sounds good but my trip is 9/4-9/12 . My AP expires on 9/4 and I was planning on renewing as soon as I arrived on 9/4. This means I would not be able to purchase the new multi-lightening pass and use to select rides ahead of time. I wanted to purchase using Disney GCs but I don’t think I can do this online or via phone,

I believe that MS can take DG over the phone.

Sadly, this is the problem. They will do the minimum they can to keep things running and if they can blame any issues on ‘foreigners’ (or any other arbitrary thing) they will, rather than fix the issues.

I think this will be the first thing that has a major impact on many thousands (or hundreds of thousands) though, as their doesn’t seem to be a workaround. As DVC owners we’re now not competing with offsite guests, we’re 3 days behind them with no chance at all!

Hopefully the feedback may make them look at their systems rather than passing the blame. I’m not sure how much of our annual dues (if any) goes to these kind of general things, but we certainly don’t get a discount for not being American. :-)

Dues have nothing to do with anything related to this. Dues cover only operations of the resorts, taxes. Capital reserves, and what we pay DVC to manage the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest