Covid And The Rest of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to share this local story.
https://www.hobokengirl.com/jersey-city-virile-barber-shop-wurstbar-covid/
Basically a restaurant needed to close due to many employees being out due exposure/quarantine. After hanging on thru these rough times, they were giving up proably the nicest weather weekend left this year. The barbershop stepped up and sent their employees over to pick up the slack and keep the place open.

So, our Premiere and main Doctor are recommending household only Christmas. It’s not an order yet, but I bet it’s coming.

This news is what broke me, and just had a bit of a boo hoo. We’ve been doing everything right since this started and because of some idiots, I won’t get to see my daughter. I won’t get to see my siblings or their families. I haven’t seen my brother who lives in Toronto for over a year.

I know everyone feels the same, but we’ve had a rough couple of Christmases and I was so looking forward to this one.

COVID 19 SUUUUUUUUCKS

So, our Premiere and main Doctor are recommending household only Christmas. It’s not an order yet, but I bet it’s coming.

This news is what broke me, and just had a bit of a boo hoo. We’ve been doing everything right since this started and because of some idiots, I won’t get to see my daughter. I won’t get to see my siblings or their families. I haven’t seen my brother who lives in Toronto for over a year.

I know everyone feels the same, but we’ve had a rough couple of Christmases and I was so looking forward to this one.

COVID 19 SUUUUUUUUCKS
Sorry to hear that. I agree Covid sucks. I expect the same to be announced today in Ontario. Thankfully my bubble is just my family, my mom and sister.

I'm a Niagara resident. Yes, Niagara has been devastated, but the cooperation of all is helping to keep our Covid19 numbers low and our hospitals less stressed than other areas of Ontario for that matter Canada. 🇨🇦
At great expense.

They should be fined heavily for doing so. The people protesting outside should be fined too for being over the gathering limit, not wearing masks and not social distancing.
It can be very difficult to fine protesters. At least in the US that has a constitution.

If they aren't following social distancing and wearing masks they can.
It really depends on how the place formulated their orders in the U.S. It's a very delicate situation but protesting is one thing that is not black and white cut and dried in the U.S. Arrests and fines on protestors even if legally allowable are simply not popular even whilst it being a public health issue.

ETA: That makes me wonder how is that handled in various provinces in Canada right now? I'm not really up and up on that part (just about everything in the protesting front has been heavily focused on the U.S.)

Last edited:
OMG! The View just aired a picture of the Air Traffic in the USA. If Covid19 doesn't worry me THAT DOES!!
Just keep in mind not every airplane is carrying passengers. You have cargo planes, you have empty planes just carrying crews, etc. There's def. more people traveling this week than health officials would want though no doubt about that

It can be very difficult to fine protesters. At least in the US that has a constitution.

In Canada our Prime Minister's father is documented to have said: "Just watch me!" At the time the enemy was a terrorist group, not a deadly virus. Our Premier of Ontario has the majority of we Canadians supporting the decision he is facing . Heightened now by other defiant followers copycating this restaurant owner's idiocy.

The coming virus superspread, but you probably know that... :faint:
If for nothing else the upcoming superspread season will provide data where local economies suffer greatly when spread threatens healthcare infrastructure whether restrictions are imposed or not.

It really depends on how the place formulated their orders in the U.S. It's a very delicate situation but protesting is one thing that is not black and white cut and dried in the U.S. Arrests and fines on protestors even if legally allowable are simply not popular even whilst it being a public health issue.

ETA: That makes me wonder how is that handled in various provinces in Canada right now? I'm not really up and up on that part (just about everything in the protesting front has been heavily focused on the U.S.)

It's my observation that protests here are small. We did have an antimasker here in Ontario, and his 'continued defiance' in drawing crowds resulted in him being levied a $1,000. fine if I'm not mistaken. Also continued protests have levied him a day in court that could result in up to $750,000. in fines.

Last edited:

It's my observation that protests here are small. We did have an antimasker (Chris Skyy) in Ontario, and his continued defiance in drawing crowds resulted in him being levied a $1,000. fine and is pending a court outcome of up to a $750,000. fine.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...nstrations-against-covid-19-restrictions.html
Just keep in mind not every airplane is carrying passengers. You have cargo planes, you have empty planes just carrying crews, etc. There's def. more people traveling this week than health officials would want though no doubt about that

OMGoodness! with all due respect it had to be pointed out not all planes carry passengers. Excuse me now, I have to go find my needlework, and rocking chair.. sigh.

Last edited:
I've edited my second to last post with an update on Etobicoke's (near Toronto) restaurant protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter