Could the reopening be pushed back?

Facts/reality can't be ignored.

It is very odd how political this is (as was mentioned) and very sad for our country.

I'm in Pennsylvania. The governor has a mask required rule in place. I went to Walmart. Walmart has a great big sign that says "no mask no entry". They have an employee standing there making sure that everyone is wearing a mask when they come in. However, fully 20% of the people immediately removed their masks as soon as they got in the store! I even saw an employee with no mask whatsoever walking around the store.

When my wife exclaimed "Where is your mask?" to a young man who was passing within a foot of her, the reply was "fake news, fake disease!"

You can't argue with stupid.

TN is different than FL, and we felt safe in Dollywood. With today’s numbers in FL, I am now reconsidering our September WDW visit.

We just spent three nights at The Inn at Christmas Place. We felt safe. Dollywood is where we spent our days, and we were very aware of the precautions being taken. A mask was required except when eating or drinking, on a thrill ride, or if you were in a designated area. Hosts and county sheriffs reminded people if they had masks off, and people listened.

The rest of Pigeon Forge was not like that. Very few masks, indoor seating, and we only took take out, and only one in our group went in to pick up, and he wore a mask.

I hope after two weeks back, we still feel it was worth the getaway. We were meeting good friends and it was an emotional trip.
Good Luck Bobbiwoz....

The Governor has also told the hospitals to fudge their ICU numbers yesterday. 5500 new cases in Florida in the last 24 hours, where did you hear that Fla numbers have been going down? If anything it's one of the hotspots right now.
I don’t believe DeSantis ordered anyone to “fudge the numbers”.
As I said, the reduction in new cases was only a couple of days. Obviously (and unfortunately) two days does not mean it’s a trend.

I'm in Pennsylvania. The governor has a mask required rule in place. I went to Walmart. Walmart has a great big sign that says "no mask no entry". They have an employee standing there making sure that everyone is wearing a mask when they come in. However, fully 20% of the people immediately removed their masks as soon as they got in the store! I even saw an employee with no mask whatsoever walking around the store.

When my wife exclaimed "Where is your mask?" to a young man who was passing within a foot of her, the reply was "fake news, fake disease!"

You can't ar
As I said, the reduction in new cases was only a couple of days. Obviously (and unfortunately) two days does not mean it’s a trend.
You can believe what you want ,the facts are Florida is exploding with COVID.

Florida's nine highest case dates have been in the last nine days. Cases have been steadily going up for the last two weeks. Saying new cases have been going down is completely false.

Everyone take a deep breath.

Dr. Pino who is the health director of Orange County said today, "things should not shutdown" and "the hospitals in the orlando area DO NOT have a problem".

I am sure Disney is in constant contact with these people.

Disney as of now WILL open on July 11th. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Florida's nine highest case dates have been in the last nine days. Cases have been steadily going up for the last two weeks. Saying new cases have been going down is completely false.
There were two days they decreased. I understand that two days does not make a trend.
I believe it was the two days before today.
I’ll see if I can find the numbers.

But couldn't Disney keep DVC open, but not open the theme parks?
Disney can do whatever it likes with the theme parks and hotels.

However, timeshare owners have rights that are protected by Florida law. As timeshares, it's my understanding that Disney would need to be granted emergency powers in order to have the authority to close DVC Resorts. (They were granted emergency powers before but those ended on June 1.)

Dr. Pino who is the health director of Orange County said today, "things should not shutdown" and "the hospitals in the orlando area DO NOT have a problem".
As reported earlier today in the Orlando Sentinel, COVID-19 hospitalizations are climbing in Orange County and have now reached a new high.

Hospitals do not have a problem now. However, if hospitalizations continue to increase for the next two weeks, hospitals (and Disney) will have a problem.

COVID hospitalizations hit new high in Orange County

Disney can do whatever it likes with the theme parks and hotels.

However, timeshare owners have rights that are protected by Florida law. As timeshares, it's my understanding that Disney would need to be granted emergency powers in order to have the authority to close DVC Resorts. (They were granted emergency powers before but those ended on June 1.)

Actually, the were NOT granted emergency powers. Disney used the State of Emergency in Florida and Orange County to keep the DVC resorts closed. Under our contracts that is allowed.

Now with other Timeshares open in the state and state of emergencies being lifted Disney had no choice but to open all the DVC resorts

For Disney to close the DVC resorts again something drastic like a statewide shutdown would probably have to happen. Besides that they MUST remain open.

Actually, the were NOT granted emergency powers. Disney used the State of Emergency in Florida and Orange County to keep the DVC resorts closed. Under our contracts that is allowed.
Thanks, I thought DBPR Executive Order 2020-04 granted emergency powers to association boards (including timeshares).

EO 2020-06 cancelled EO 2020-04, effective June 1.

Thanks, I thought DBPR Executive Order 2020-04 granted emergency powers to association boards (including timeshares).

EO 2020-06 cancelled EO 2020-04, effective June 1.

You might be right on that I dont know. I do know it all started with the State of Emergency. That was good enough per our contracts to shutdown and keep DVC closed.

So point being, unless Orange County or Florida shuts down again Disney must keep these resorts open.

You can't argue with stupid.
The reason he can't see the disease all around is because people are taking precautions.

Maybe he's too young to understand that concept. When people don't take precautions, this stuff spreads like wild fire.

June 21 and 22 would be the weekend report numbers. They tend to be lower everywhere. Nature of data reporting and the calendar week.

"Cool"... DLR isn't going to reopen on time as scheduled
I’m actually wondering if that too will have a bearing on us here at WDW. I’m telling you right now, DVCDM better have a plan a place to address the shut downs of these resorts again. They can’t have it both ways.... Theme Parks are not guaranteed but my right to use what I own is.

facebook twitter