Coronado Springs expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be the same. Value resorts aren't my thing and moderates are not far off deluxe prices. I'm going to have to stay off property soon

I don't like Values either, I don't like the size of the beds, they just aren't worth the price you pay for a room. I know this is a small thing and i'm being stupid about it, but I don't like how the bus stops aren't covered either. It can get pretty hot waiting on a bus.

Just got back from our stay. Not sure if it was because we were there on a weekend but the only way we knew there is construction was the walls. Never heard any noise or had any issues. Would totally stay again.
Great news, we'll be there in a little over 45 days, and i was worried about that.

I'm going to be the same. Value resorts aren't my thing and moderates are not far off deluxe prices. I'm going to have to stay off property soon

You two are the exact target market they are looking for (@ChipnDale79 )with the CBR DVC---- if you just purchase a 70 point contract for about 12 k you can stay 7 nights every year in a deluxe tower studio--- for only about 1700 a year (figuring 10 year loan and 6.00 pp mainetnance). After the loan is paid off, you only need to pay the MF ..... Actually it is a bit cheaper than the 300 a night...... but no free dinning.....

You two are the exact target market they are looking for (@ChipnDale79 )with the CBR DVC---- if you just purchase a 70 point contract for about 12 k you can stay 7 nights every year in a deluxe tower studio--- for only about 1700 a year (figuring 10 year loan and 6.00 pp mainetnance). After the loan is paid off, you only need to pay the MF ..... Actually it is a bit cheaper than the 300 a night...... but no free dinning.....

Ahh but the thing Disney is missing with me personally, I won't commit to something like that.

I would commit to it in a heartbeat but then I'm coming from abroad and trips to WDW are everything to me.

I'm going to start saving soon towards DVC as I certainly want to invest. I don't mind financing it but everyone on here seems against it.

Just depends on if and when pricing is announced on the tower.

I would commit to it in a heartbeat but then I'm coming from abroad and trips to WDW are everything to me.

I'm going to start saving soon towards DVC as I certainly want to invest. I don't mind financing it but everyone on here seems against it.

Just depends on if and when pricing is announced on the tower.

You could also just buy resale...So I will refer you to the DVC boards.....

My guess is the point cost will be around 140 and the points per stay will be low.... I say 7 to 9 for a studio....

Can't see it, Dave...that would represent a drop in price on two fronts and they would NEVER do that willingly...

I'm guessing higher on both and then restructuring/promos if it doesn't fly...

Everyone keeps telling me resale, but that's useless for me as I want to use it on Cruiseline and elsewhere

Then perhaps it's all useless? Because the direct from disney price isn't much of a savings anymore...you're just paying them up front - more or less - not locking in too much of a deal if you look at it logically.

But to each their own.

Booking DCL with points isn't a great deal and never has been. There's honestly no
Way to "save" on that because the price is so steep any way you slice it.

Can't see it, Dave...that would represent a drop in price on two fronts and they would NEVER do that willingly...

I'm guessing higher on both and then restructuring/promos if it doesn't fly...

My mistake-- My brain forgot the 169 and replaced with 149 and figured they would sell just under the poly...so I was actually thinking 160...No way they would drop that much. Meant to say buy in would be similar and room cost would be the lowest --- OKW....

My mistake-- My brain replaced the 169 and replaced with 149 and figured they would sell just under the poly...so I was actually thinking 160...No way they would drop that much. Meant to say buy in would be similar and room cost would be the lowest --- OKW....

I could see that for the purchase price but the point chart I'll have to see to believe...

They seem to just keep raising the point charts each time (with limited exceptions) and justifying it with "but it's NEW" and that has to be called BS by the consumer...we've documented what an epic FAIL that always is...

So I'll have to see it. I've noticed that one of the spots available with some frequency closer to travel dates is the poly...which means they overpriced the points. Whereas you can't sniff beach club of boardwalk much - the correct value. That's been trending for the last 5 years or so with the conversions.

I must be looking at different numbers because for months I have looked at not doing DVC and
Then perhaps it's all useless? Because the direct from disney price isn't much of a savings anymore...you're just paying them up front - more or less - not locking in too much of a deal if you look at it logically.

But to each their own.

Booking DCL with points isn't a great deal and never has been. There's honestly no
Way to "save" on that because the price is so steep any way you slice it.

Think I'm just going to have to look I to it more. Where now I'm having to stay offsite because of Disneys flat room rates, after the intital 10 trips or so, it's pretty much paid itself and I'll be able to stay at a deluxe hotel on Disney which I'd never be able to afford out of pocket

I must be looking at different numbers because for months I have looked at not doing DVC and

Think I'm just going to have to look I to it more. Where now I'm having to stay offsite because of Disneys flat room rates, after the intital 10 trips or so, it's pretty much paid itself and I'll be able to stay at a deluxe hotel on Disney which I'd never be able to afford out of pocket

To be fair...you could "save" money when comparing to the current rack rates...but those are ridiculous.

So there is still some advantages.

We old school dvc types just marvel at how they jack the points and point cost into oblivion...it's just nowhere near as good of a deal. Not much can be done about that.

DCL is not a good use of points though...people
Just like it because it's already paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter