Computer issues Borrowed Points

jessicalynn88

Mouseketeer
I think the answer will be no but just looking to hear some opinions. So we've been trying to book a trip from the 17th to the 26th of December 2021. I had an earlier December trip (12/4-12/11) booked that we were going to cancel if we got the Christmas days. Yesterday, I actually got the 17th to the 24th by being on right at 8, but when I went to go cancel the earlier trip to get the points the computer glitched out and I lost the room. Today I got the 18th to the 25th but I was trying to open a second session to cancel the earlier trip and get the points but I kept getting a 504 Gateway Timeout. I eventually had to borrow from 2022 to book the room because I didn't want to lose it. I have now cancelled the earlier trip. Will member services help me fix the points? I'm guessing the answer is no but I figured I'd ask since I can't call yet. I did take a screenshot with the date and time and the timeout error. Also, I thought I could book 10 days but past the 25th wasn't available? Do I just wait until next week to add the additional day? Or can member services do that too.

First, you don’t need to cancel a room to change it. You can simply modify it and adjust the dates to use points from it,

Now that the borrowed points are in your account, there is no way for MS to return them...even though they have a temporary policy...as long as they remain in the reservstion.

They system will always use banked and borrowed first. I tried several times, had it escalated to supervisors and as they said, as long as you have a reservation you want to keep, then restricted points will need to be used first. If I wanted to get the temporary exception of putting them back, I had to cancel and hope I could get the room back. I chose not to.

I think the answer will be no but just looking to hear some opinions. So we've been trying to book a trip from the 17th to the 26th of December 2021. I had an earlier December trip (12/4-12/11) booked that we were going to cancel if we got the Christmas days. Yesterday, I actually got the 17th to the 24th by being on right at 8, but when I went to go cancel the earlier trip to get the points the computer glitched out and I lost the room. Today I got the 18th to the 25th but I was trying to open a second session to cancel the earlier trip and get the points but I kept getting a 504 Gateway Timeout. I eventually had to borrow from 2022 to book the room because I didn't want to lose it. I have now cancelled the earlier trip. Will member services help me fix the points? I'm guessing the answer is no but I figured I'd ask since I can't call yet. I did take a screenshot with the date and time and the timeout error. Also, I thought I could book 10 days but past the 25th wasn't available? Do I just wait until next week to add the additional day? Or can member services do that too.
I’ll start with the easy question. At 11 months (7 months for non-home resort) you can book 7 nights. You cannot add nights 8 & 9 to your reservation until the 11 months + 7 days window opens for those nights. So, for today (Jan. 18), you can book the nights of Dec 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24 with a departure date of 12/25. Tomorrow (Jan. 19), you could modify the reservation to add the night of the 25th. And so on.

I don’t know if a lower level MS CM can fix this for you. The rule is that borrowed points will get used first before current UY points. The only way it is to cancel and rebook. I have my doubts that a screenshot of a gateway timeout is any use. The DVC website throws that error like Mardi Gras floats throw beads. Everyone gets it and it prevents a lot of members from booking hard to get reservations. A supervisor might be able to help if they have the ability to hold the room while reallocating those points. It’s worth a call to MS to see if they can do it.

First, you don’t need to cancel a room to change it. You can simply modify it and adjust the dates to use points from it,

Now that the borrowed points are in your account, there is no way for MS to return them...even though they have a temporary policy...as long as they remain in the reservstion.

They system will always use banked and borrowed first. I tried several times, had it escalated to supervisors and as they said, as long as you have a reservation you want to keep, then restricted points will need to be used first. If I wanted to get the temporary exception of putting them back, I had to cancel and hope I could get the room back. I chose not to.

Thank you! I posted on another forum too and they pointed out that modification is what I shouldn't have done. I'm just going to blame baby brain even though its not true. I'm going to call tomorrow because I also didn't realize today was a holiday! If it doesn't work it was 100% my fault.

Thank you! I posted on another forum too and they pointed out that modification is what I shouldn't have done. I'm just going to blame baby brain even though its not true. I'm going to call tomorrow because I also didn't realize today was a holiday! If it doesn't work it was 100% my fault.

Never hurts to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter