Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

And since we have received Eric's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Outstanding Job!!! :thanks:

VikingInMouseEars' Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 234

Note: 6:30 am is too early to read this thread. Thie pictures aren't even making me hungry this morning.

I liked seeing the Seaworld dinner, since its something different/new, and (or course) breakfast at Ohana!

Miss Potts sent us an update from the Grand Floridian's Spa...

Senses

She said, "Tuesday morning we were off to Senses at the Grand Floridian. Although not an official place to dine, I thought it would be fun to include the offerings they have in the spa!"

"Cucumber basil infused water, hot tea...

...and carrot zucchini muffins, and apples! The muffins were delicious!!!"

3 September Game Points Earned

We received several more updates from Miss Potts tonight, but it's getting late so I will post a couple of these tonight and then save the rest for tomorrow. :thumbsup2

She said, "For lunch on Tuesday we went to Downtown Disney and dined at..."

"This is one of our favorite places to eat! The line was long but it moved quickly as usual."

"They were handing out menus in lines to keep things moving."

"We got a Holiday Turkey Sandwich, pasta salad, and a seasonal special sandwich... Pastrami Rueben! We also got chips and drinks. I always order the Earl Grey Lemonade! It's delicious and I love that there are free refills! We also used our AP discount here and saved 10%."

2 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Then Miss Potts said, "Before we left DTD, we stopped for a Turkey leg at..."

"A rice krispee turkey leg!!! Yum! Much better than the real thing!"

"Also, we didn't buy this but I thought this caramel apple was adorable!"

1 September Game Point Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, pic of Miss Potts, and misc. pic

Now for some more updates from Miss Potts, starting with one from their dinner on Tuesday night at Epcot's...

She said, "Tuesday was our 2nd Wedding Anniversary... Since I picked the vacation location, DH got to pick the dinner spot. He chose Teppan Edo! It was a new experience for both of us and we enjoyed it very much."

"The food was just ok but the hibachi experience is fun for sure."

"As I have mentioned before I have a shrimp allergy.. I was a little nervous about compromising the experience with this but it didn't hinder it at all. The manager and the chef both talked to me about it. I ordered chicken and they prepared it on the grill before any other seafood!"

"I am horrible with chopsticks... So I got a "baby" set!"

"Dipping sauces... My favorite was the middle: "yum yum" sauce."

"Our chef prepared the grill, do you spot the hidden Minnie?!"

"I ordered the chicken:"

"DH ordered filet mignon:"

"We didn't order dessert but they brought a piece of cake with a candle for our Anniversary!"

"We enjoyed the other couple and the family at the table with us! Our chef was very comical and sang the whole time incorporating a lot of Disney references! It was a great anniversary dinner!"

"View from the deck..."

3 September Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for name/menu, pic of Miss Potts & DH, and misc. pics

Next we have Miss Potts' two-part update from the Polynesian's...

King Kamehameha Club Lounge

She said, "We ended Tuesday with a few desserts from the lounge!"

"This was my favorite selection of the week... Peanut butter mouse, fruit tart, and strawberry cheesecake!! The PB mouse was SO good! It had PB chips mixed in it! yuuuummmmm!"

"Wednesday breakfast in the lounge: OJ, oatmeal, fruit, and a cinnamon roll."

5 September Game Points Earned

Then we received Miss Potts' lunch update from Epcot's...

"For lunch on Wednesday, we went to Via Napoli! Everytime I would see reviews of this restaurant it made me more and more excited to try it!"

"We had a 12:45pm reservation but arrived around 12:15 pm. They were able to accommodate us right away... Which was fantastic because we were starving!"

"We started with the Arancini... Yum! We loved these and would order again!"

"Then we split an individual funghi pizza!"

"We knew if we ordered the next size up it would be too much. The sizing was perfect for us! The pizza was delicious.. I love the thin crisp crust and the light sweet tomato sauce! Yum yum yum!"

2 September Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

One more two-part update was received from Miss Potts last night.

"Wednesday night we planned to dine around the world as our dinner!"

"Before we headed back to Epcot, we had a few bites in the club lounge."

"Pineapples with caramel, Boursin cheese, Kona sticky wings, pot stickers, and a green bean salad! Everything was really good! DH thought this was the best apps all week."

"After that, we headed back to Epcot."

"All trip I wanted to try the fish and chips. So that's what we did!"

"I would definitely get them again. I couldn't finish the order and DH only helped a little bit because he was saving room for the F&W booths."

{see the Live Thread - Take 3 for their F & W booths food report}

7 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Following their dinner at the Food & Wine Festival booths, Miss Potts & her DH stopped by for dessert at the Polynesian's...

She said, "This time they had mini carrot cakes, some type of tart, and a chocolate mousse."

5 September Game Points Earned

Sadly we then received the final update from Miss Potts, as their trip came to an end yesterday. :sad:

She said, "We decided to end our trip with a table service breakfast. DH even agreed that it could be a character breakfast, so I chose 1900 Park Fare because Mary Poppins is my favorite!"

"We had a 9:05 am reservation and it was a quick scoot over on the monorail. We looked through the gift shops and then went to the restaurant to check in... We checked in around 8:45 am and were seated right away."

"We were very lucky that the characters were at the tables right by us, so we saw Tigger, Pooh, Mary, and Alice before we went to the buffet!"

"After our character interactions, we went up to the buffet... Here are some buffet pics:"

"My first and second plates:"

"DH's first and second plates:"

"And with that, was our last meal at Disney!"

5 September Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pics of Miss Potts with characters, and buffet pics

And since we have received Miss Potts' final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Outstanding Job!!! :thanks:

MissPotts' Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 230

I would like to finish up the August/September Game and post our Top 5 winners this weekend. So if any of our August or September reporters still have some leftover unsent updates from their trips, please send them in ASAP. Once I have posted the August/September winners, I will be "unofficially" closing down this thread and post all updates I receive to the new thread.

After posting the above message, I checked my email and found some updates from TeresaG, who's trip ended earlier this week.

The first is from their breakfast at the Polynesian Resort's...

Kona Cafe

Teresa said, "I made this breakfast WAY too early without much thought of HOW we were going to get there from the hotel. So, lesson learned, no reservations at resorts before 8 am. :laughing: We were over an hour late, but they still seated us."

"I had been looking forward to Kona for a while since we had heard so much about Tonga toast and the macadamia nut pancakes. I was excited to give them both a shot."

"We started with a pressed pot of coffee."

"DH had the Tonga Toast."

"He devoured this!! I had a few bites, and thought it was very, very good! I'm not sure I could eat an entire one by myself, but taking bites of it was fantastic."

"And I had the Big Kahuna."

"It was good. I mostly ate the pancakes and potatoes. I wasn't going to overdue it because I was still recovering from eating so much the day before. Plus, I wanted lots of room for Food and Wine!"

"This breakfast was quick and good. I'm not exactly planning on running back to Kona, but I'm glad we tried it."

2 September Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu

Here is Teresa's next update from their dinner at Epcot's...

Le Cellier

She said, "Sadly I only have 2 pics from our dinner at Le Cellier. Our phones both died by this point (taking too many food and wine pics clearly -:laughing:). I did snap a couple shots of our appetizers."

"I had the tomato mozzarella salad."

"I thought this was pretty tasty."

"DH had the cheddar soup."

"I didn't get a picture of the bread service, but we only got 2 rolls. One pretzel and one plain. We also were brought out butter. We were given more rolls before they became signature, so I was a little annoyed. We asked for another pretzel roll for DH to dip in his soup, but by the time we got it he was done anyway."

"We both had the filet with risotto and enjoyed it. It was a good steak, but not as good as Narcoossee's or Citricos."

"For dessert we had the creme brulee. We both enjoyed it."

"Our dinner at Le Cellier was probably our least favorite meal. We had eaten here years ago before it switched over to signature dining. The food wasn't terrible, but it was definitely not up to snuff with the other signature dining meals we had. In fact, I found it to be a total rip-off of two food credits. Don't get me wrong, for US at that point we would have had too many credits leftover had it not been 2 credits, but in general I felt it was not worth 2 dining credits. Our meal in and of itself was good, but not signature good. We don't plan on returning to Le Cellier any time soon."

1 September Game Point Earned

Sadly Teresa's next update was the final one from their trip. :sad:

She said, "We went to Riverside Food court our last morning before checking out. We had 2 more credits to use so decided to get breakfast before we left."

Riverside Mill

"I had the Breakfast Power Wrap...

Egg whites, turkey sausage, sun-dried tomato pesto, mushrooms, spinach and feta in a spinach tortilla.

"Honestly, I did not find this to be very good... it was very runny inside which just made it unappetizing. It sounded pretty tasty, but the actual wrap was not. Neither one of us took more than a few bites."

"DH had the breakfast pizza and breakfast potatoes."

'This was tastier, but nothing to write home about. DH enjoyed it, I nibbled a little. Now, I know I am hard to please with breakfast foods since I'm not a breakfast eater, but I felt our choices we not the best."

"And with that I am officially done! Sorry for the delay!!"

2 September Game Points Earned

And since that was Teresa's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Good Job!!! :thanks:

TeresaG's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 85

This morning we received one last update from DeeDee (buzz1121) regarding her recent trip to Disney World.

She said, "Our final update involves a treat we brought home for DS and DD, the Ramune drink from the Japan Pavilion in World Showcase."

"This is a really neat carbonated beverage with a cool twist. Once the label is peeled off, there is a plug that is pressed down on the top of the bottle."

"The plug presses into the top closure which releases a marble into the soda which activates the carbonation of the beverage. The marble is caught in the neck of the bottle in a type of "marble cradle"."

"The kids loved this treat. They were amazed that they were actually drinking a soda that had a marble in it. The Ramune drinks are available in a variety of flavors, including grape, mango, sour apple, muskat, cola, and strawberry, as well as many others."

"And that brings us to a wrap for our September trip. Thank you so much Barb for allowing me the opportunity to send in reviews!"

1 September Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for demo pics and pic of DS

And since that was DeeDee's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Great Job!!! :thanks:

buzz1121's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 146

"The kids loved this treat. They were amazed that they were actually drinking a soda that had a marble in it. The Ramune drinks are available in a variety of flavors, including grape, mango, sour apple, muskat, cola, and strawberry, as well as many others."
[/COLOR]

Can snack credits be used on this drink? Looks neat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter