Combining Disney gift cards?

You can combine them up to a $1,000 limit. So you can end up with (2) $1,000 cards and a $500 card. You can do it all on the Disney Gift Card site, and they prompt you to delete the cards with no value.
What cards do they go on? I mean I will go from 5 to 3 do they put it on cards then mail them to you how do you use them after combining

What cards do they go on? I mean I will go from 5 to 3 do they put it on cards then mail them to you how do you use them after combining
No, you combine the values onto the cards you already have. So $500 from card 1234 is combined to the $500 value on card 2345 and now card 2345 has a value of $1,000 with the same number as it had previously

The Disney site only transfers from one gift card number to another. You have to transfer the full card amount to the other card - you can't transfer partial amounts. That can get a bit tricky with the $1000 max limit on any one card.

On my WDW trips I usually carry 2 or 3 "blank" cards. I charge everything to the MB, then on the night before check-out, I check my balance on MDE, go on the Target website (5% discount with a Red Card) and buy as many cards as I need to pay off the balance. I then go on the Disney GIft card site and transfer to the blank cards. I can then take those down to the concierge and settle up. I've only had trouble once when the Disney GC site would not recognize the blank card I was trying to transfer funds to. No problem - I took the gift card #s from my email from Target down to the concierge and she was able to settle up using just the numbers.

This method is far more secure than buying and carrying loaded cards as I have absolutely nothing I can lose or get stolen. I only have the gift cards for about an hour, and that is entirely electronic funds. It may seem like a lot of work, but I save about $100 a trip and that's totally worth it to me. I do the same thing when I pay my DVC dues so I get a 5% discount on those too.

No, you combine the values onto the cards you already have. So $500 from card 1234 is combined to the $500 value on card 2345 and now card 2345 has a value of $1,000 with the same number as it had previously
The Disney site only transfers from one gift card number to another. You have to transfer the full card amount to the other card - you can't transfer partial amounts. That can get a bit tricky with the $1000 max limit on any one card.

On my WDW trips I usually carry 2 or 3 "blank" cards. I charge everything to the MB, then on the night before check-out, I check my balance on MDE, go on the Target website (5% discount with a Red Card) and buy as many cards as I need to pay off the balance. I then go on the Disney GIft card site and transfer to the blank cards. I can then take those down to the concierge and settle up. I've only had trouble once when the Disney GC site would not recognize the blank card I was trying to transfer funds to. No problem - I took the gift card #s from my email from Target down to the concierge and she was able to settle up using just the numbers.

This method is far more secure than buying and carrying loaded cards as I have absolutely nothing I can lose or get stolen. I only have the gift cards for about an hour, and that is entirely electronic funds. It may seem like a lot of work, but I save about $100 a trip and that's totally worth it to me. I do the same thing when I pay my DVC dues so I get a 5% discount on those too.
Thank you both so much. After I transfer I delete all of them is that correct?

I store my DGC numbers in my travel budget spreadsheet. That way, I always have it with me, either via the Excel app on my phone or stored in my computer.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest