College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just found out that my program was accepted for extension until August. I'm switching roles to Merchandise and I have paid my fees. Now I really wanna know where I'm going to be exactly. They said I would find out after I paid my fees but I haven't heard anything. I see people in the facebook group know where they are to be. Is there an email that is sent out? Do I look on the Hub? Do I have to call? I'm really impatient to know where I'll be!

I'm not positive since I didn't extend my program, but I think if you go to your training schedule on the Hub, it tells you where you'll be. I wish I could remember exactly where that is but I think it's the Development tab on the right side? And if I remember correctly, some people's training took longer to show up on the Hub than others.

So I found out today in Pending! Owell! I just really hope I'm not pending because there was no room in attractions and there waiting on my auditions cause I got cut first round! Now more waitin commences!

Hi Guys! :) I have a question I hope someone can answer. When you're given your name tag, is it obligatory to have your school name on it? I've been wondering this because as a guest at the parks I've seen school names and city names. I've always assumed school names are worn by CPs and city names are worn by full-time employees, but I could be wrong. I would love to have my city of birth on my name tag instead of my school. Any thoughts on the matter?

So I found out today in Pending! Owell! I just really hope I'm not pending because there was no room in attractions and there waiting on my auditions cause I got cut first round! Now more waitin commences!
There is still room for the majority of the roles, they are just trying to find that perfect fit for everyone! Auditions shouldn't be holding back your status, as they still have yet to finish up the audition tour and give the paperwork to the CP office. Just stay positive and be patient, I hope you hear back soon!

My daughter was accepted yesterday for lifeguard for Fall advantage. any advise?:cool1:
Congratulations! I'm guessing she has prior experience as a lifeguard, so she should be fine. Just be prepared for Disney's lifeguard training and test that they have. Best of luck! :)

Hi Guys! :) I have a question I hope someone can answer. When you're given your name tag, is it obligatory to have your school name on it? I've been wondering this because as a guest at the parks I've seen school names and city names. I've always assumed school names are worn by CPs and city names are worn by full-time employees, but I could be wrong. I would love to have my city of birth on my name tag instead of my school. Any thoughts on the matter?
I believe that all CP's are given name tags with their respective college's name on it during check-in or orientation. If you want a different name tag your best bet is to go into costuming and have a chat with them (or just ask a CP working costuming) to get a different nametag. Best of luck!

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I would love to have my city of birth on my name tag instead of my school. Any thoughts on the matter?

You're right - CPs get their institution, everyone else gets their hometown.

The Company provides your first nametag for free - any additional nametags will have a cost (unless the nametags change design, then everyone gets another free one). You can either exchange your current nametag for another, or pay $5 to get a second (I recommend just buying a second one so you have a spare).

You can get your new nametag through Costuming. It takes about 2-3 weeks for them to process.

If a cp applicant is scheduled for a disney character audition, do they automatically get put onto pending status? This is what happened to me, and I have yet to be notified with reguards to acceptance and placement.

You can order one with your hometown on it through costuming for $5. They take the money out of your paycheck.

If a cp applicant is scheduled for a disney character audition, do they automatically get put onto pending status? This is what happened to me, and I have yet to be notified with reguards to acceptance and placement.
If they applied for several roles, in addition to character performer, they'll accept people for a different role until their audition and then if they pass the audition switch the roles.

There is still room for the majority of the roles, they are just trying to find that perfect fit for everyone! Auditions shouldn't be holding back your status, as they still have yet to finish up the audition tour and give the paperwork to the CP office. Just stay positive and be patient, I hope you hear back soon!

When you say "majority" of the roles, are you basing that off something? What I mean is, do you happen to know if some of the fall roles are full?

When you say "majority" of the roles, are you basing that off something? What I mean is, do you happen to know if some of the fall roles are full?
When I say "majority" I am implying the roles with more positions open. For example, there are more positions in Merchandise than opposed to Concierge and Vacation planner.

To the extent of my knowledge, none of the Fall/Fall Advantage roles have been closed as Disney keeps quite quiet about those sorts of things. ;-)

There's still hope!

When I say "majority" I am implying the roles with more positions open. For example, there are more positions in Merchandise than opposed to Concierge and Vacation planner.

To the extent of my knowledge, none of the Fall/Fall Advantage roles have been closed as Disney keeps quite quiet about those sorts of things. ;-)

There's still hope!

I applied for fall/fall advantage, and was pended. I recieved two pending e-mails then had my character audition on the 23rd. I was wondering if it is good that i was not notified as far as a rejection e-mail is concerned.

My Daughter is accepted as a lifeguard for fall advantage to Walt Disney World. She needs to check-in on June 11th. I was going to leave on June 12th. She will have her car there. I have a couple questions:
Where is the closesthotels with airport shuttle to the apartments she will be staying.
Are the beds in the apartments twinXL or standard twin.:yay:

My Daughter is accepted as a lifeguard for fall advantage to Walt Disney World. She needs to check-in on June 11th. I was going to leave on June 12th. She will have her car there. I have a couple questions:
Where is the closesthotels with airport shuttle to the apartments she will be staying.

Can't help with the hotel question but the bed is a standard twin.:thumbsup2

I applied for fall/fall advantage, and was pended. I recieved two pending e-mails then had my character audition on the 23rd. I was wondering if it is good that i was not notified as far as a rejection e-mail is concerned.
No news is good news. As far as the acceptance news goes for auditions, you will hear back by April 20th, no matter your status so that you are informed of what is happening. Most students have received up to 3 emails already regarding their status. Just keep Patient and Positive, I'm sure you've got it!

Keep us updated, and feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

I found this quote on the parent's board and know the Holiday Inn books fairly quickly around Check-in Time so plan WAY in advance:

"For reasonably priced hotel rooms near Vista Way (check-in location and one of the housing complexes), many participants stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, which is literally across the street. Otherwise, search for hotels on popular travel sites in the "Lake Buena Vista" area."

Also, I know a few College Program students who have stayed at Disney resorts, as there is the Magical express that goes from the airport to the hotel. Not Vista Way though, but there are other options. The third option is getting a coupon through the College Program for the shuttle service, if you arrive the same day. I can confirm the twin as well. You are going to want to get a mattress pad or something similar as they aren't the softest beds. ;)

Let me know if you need any help, and Best of luck!

Can anyone tell me approximantly how many people check in on a check in day? For example june 4th for fall advantage

Are there any summer internships in the CP? My school won't let me to a full semester of CP but I would love to do a summer internship.

Are there any summer internships in the CP? My school won't let me to a full semester of CP but I would love to do a summer internship.

The only summer program that is offered is an alumni only program(you have had to have previously completed a spring/spring advantage or fall/fall advantage program to be eligible)

Hi guys! I applied on Tuesday, got through the web interview, and had my phone interview this morning. I came across these boards while researching about phone interviews and it helped me A LOT so thank you all :)
I was just wondering if applying so late would keep me from getting rejected. I felt like my interview went really well. I had the person interviewing me laughing and saying how much she loved Chick Fil A (my job right now). My top roles were QSFB, Merch, Character Attendant, and Attractions. QSFB was my first. I REALLY hope applying so late doesn't keep me from being accepted. I've wanted to do this since my brother got accepted in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter