Club Sandwich - Cold or Hot?

Just curious, do you think a club sandwich should be served hot or cold?

I’ve always thought they should be cold. A few years ago I received one in a restaurant that was served hot. I wasn’t a fan of it. I think the bread should be toasted, not grilled. And the components of the sandwich (ham, turkey, bacon, American and Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise) should all be cold.

Today I received another hot one. When I picked up one of the quarter pieces I realized the bread was grilled, not toasted, as it was greasy. Then when I took my first bite I realized everything inside was hot. When the waitress asked if our food was okay I told her I was surprised the sandwich was hot rather than cold. She said “ we get that a lot!”

Seems to me they should note that on the menu. But lesson learned, from now on I will always ask if the club sandwich is served hot or cold.
A classic club was always served cold. It was made with cold cuts and the bread toasted.

But many a place has made things like fried chicken clubs, or roasted chicken clubs or the like which are served hot, usually on a bun.

room temperature. ;)
Of the choices given, cold - but yeah, technically, since the bread is warmed in the toaster and the meat and lettuce put on cold, I guess it does end up averaging out to room temp.

It was heated on the grill, just like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Seems to me they should note that on the menu.

I agree.

A classic club was always served cold. It was made with cold cuts and the bread toasted.

But many a place has made things like fried chicken clubs, or roasted chicken clubs or the like which are served hot, usually on a bun.

Those exceptions make sense.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest