Closing Time!!

Congrats-mine still has “Doc deed tax”. I am really clueless when it comes to real estate so I don’t know what it is supposed to say. I can wait another day or two but it would be nice to have it soon so I can get on the wait list for points. My guide told me to call when the deed is recorded.
That's what mine shows too. I'm assuming that's all I need to look up.

Congrats-mine still has “Doc deed tax”. I am really clueless when it comes to real estate so I don’t know what it is supposed to say. I can wait another day or two but it would be nice to have it soon so I can get on the wait list for points. My guide told me to call when the deed is recorded.
That's what mine shows too. I'm assuming that's all I need to look up.
Okay, thanks. I looked again it and clicked on a few things and I am going with it. I will call my guide tomorrow and get on the list.

Updating

Home: SSR
Title Company: ***
Offer Made: 6/12/2018
Offer Accepted: 6/12/2018
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/201
Passed ROFR: 7/6/2018
Closing docs received: 7/20/2018
Closing docs returned: 7/20/2018
Seller returned closing docs: 7/24/2018
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

As soon as I know we closed I will be stalking the website with the deed recordings lol.
Do they let you know when the seller returns the closing docs? I'm just curious since we are using the same title company. Hopefully my sellers are motivated. Although they got the first set of documents in pretty quick and it was a holiday.

Exactly how I felt after having issues with both my contracts. Was fed up enough to consider buying direct despite my inate cheapness!

Did your BLT pass rofr? That one was a great deal.

Yes it did! I think we just snuck through, since Jerry's got taken at $115. After 6 weeks in ROFR and several addendums, the brokers finally got the contract right. It was pretty smooth sailing after that (luckily) and we recently closed.

Do they let you know when the seller returns the closing docs? I'm just curious since we are using the same title company. Hopefully my sellers are motivated. Although they got the first set of documents in pretty quick and it was a holiday.

They did send me an email. I did ask a question earlier that day about the seller and what they had to do for their part so they might have just decided to let me know so I wouldn’t bug them. Closing was quick after that. This has been a really time consuming process for us and I am just glad that we finally are where we are after starting all of this in Feb. The kids are really excited and my husband, who doesn’t get excited about anything, is really to add points lol. My parents sometimes tag along when we go, I can’t wait to tell them they don’t have to pay for a hotel anymore because we can use DVC.

Last edited:
They did send me an email. I did ask a question earlier that day about the seller and what they had to do for their part so they might have just decided to let me know so I wouldn’t bug them. Closing was quick after that. This has been a really time consuming process for us and I am just glad that we finally are where we are after starting all of this in Feb. The kids are really excited and my husband, who doesn’t get excited about anything, is really to add points lol. My parents sometimes tag along when we go, I can’t wait to tell them they don’t have to pay for a hotel anymore because we can use DVC.
If you don’t mind me asking, what does the seller have to do? You’ve already clos d on it now? I’m amazed at how quick it was once you got through ROFR.

Home: PVB
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 5/26
Offer accepted: 5/26
Sent to ROFR: 5/28
Passed ROFR: 6/12
Closing docs received: 6/20 (found out Seller was international)
Closing docs returned: 6/27
Seller returned closing doc: 7/12
Closing: 7/13
Deed recorded: 7/13
Points in my account: 7/27

Kept expecting another roadblock, like finally getting into the account to find all the points stripped. But, it's finally done! We are DVC members pixiedust:

Offer made: 5/26
Offer accepted: 5/26
Sent to ROFR: 5/28
Passed ROFR: 6/12
Closing docs received: 6/20 (found out Seller was international)
Closing docs returned: 6/27
Seller returned closing doc: 7/12
Closing: 7/13
Deed recorded: 7/13
Points in my account: 7/27

Kept expecting another roadblock, like finally getting into the account to find all the points stripped. But, it's finally done! We are DVC members pixiedust:

Congrats! Did you call to get your login info? I'm still waiting for our welcome packet in the mail. I'm not in a rush so I haven't called.

If you don’t mind me asking, what does the seller have to do? You’ve already clos d on it now? I’m amazed at how quick it was once you got through ROFR.
It went very quick (didn’t seem like it at the time) after ROFR. I had to look at what I actually did ask about the sellers because, well everything has been a a bit of a blur the last few days with work craziness. I looks like I didn’t ask what they had to do but I asked if their paperwork gets sent to them at the same time it is sent to us. Yes it is. Our turn around was quick because thankfully I had the day off the day the closing docs came in. I had them printed and the wire transfer set up before my husband got home. As soon as he walked in the door he signed and then walked right back out to Fed Ex. They had my docs Monday, seller’s docs Tuesday and closed Wednesday. Deed was recorded yesterday. We are adding direct points to get the extras so I will be calling our guide back next Friday to see if we are in the system yet. I have a feeling we won’t be waiting long for those points and I think that is why they don’t want to put me on the wait list yet.

Congrats! Did you call to get your login info? I'm still waiting for our welcome packet in the mail. I'm not in a rush so I haven't called.
I called them. It was easy. You select member admin first, give them the contract number to get your member ID. Then they transfer you to member services where you are given the club ID and activation code. I recommend having a browser open to enter the club ID and activation code on the spot. The first one time access code they gave me didn't work. We tried with a second one, and it worked.

Yes it did! I think we just snuck through, since Jerry's got taken at $115. After 6 weeks in ROFR and several addendums, the brokers finally got the contract right. It was pretty smooth sailing after that (luckily) and we recently closed.

Sounds like you got a great deal - did I miss it? And do you already have points,
or do you not have trips planned for those points soon? Seems like when I get points in, I start planning “extra” trips we weren’t planning to take, and then we need more points, and so on ... the struggle is real.

Sounds like you got a great deal - did I miss it? And do you already have points,
or do you not have trips planned for those points soon? Seems like when I get points in, I start planning “extra” trips we weren’t planning to take, and then we need more points, and so on ... the struggle is real.

Yes, we got a great deal - BLT @ $120pp! I never updated the boards because it took over 6 weeks to pass ROFR and the thread switched from May (when we first submitted) to July (when we passed). There were so many mistakes with the contract that Disney kept flipping it back for correction (owners' names on the account didn't match the contract, the points were incorrectly stated twice - I ended up losing some current UY points but it's still a great deal.)

I do have points expiring 11/30, but no trips planned. Unfortunately DH is putting the foot down since we just came back from WDW in April. My plan right now is to bank them with RCI since it'll probably be too late to rent them by the time I gain access to my account.

It went very quick (didn’t seem like it at the time) after ROFR. I had to look at what I actually did ask about the sellers because, well everything has been a a bit of a blur the last few days with work craziness. I looks like I didn’t ask what they had to do but I asked if their paperwork gets sent to them at the same time it is sent to us. Yes it is. Our turn around was quick because thankfully I had the day off the day the closing docs came in. I had them printed and the wire transfer set up before my husband got home. As soon as he walked in the door he signed and then walked right back out to Fed Ex. They had my docs Monday, seller’s docs Tuesday and closed Wednesday. Deed was recorded yesterday. We are adding direct points to get the extras so I will be calling our guide back next Friday to see if we are in the system yet. I have a feeling we won’t be waiting long for those points and I think that is why they don’t want to put me on the wait list yet.
I'm figuring that since we got them late Wednesday, they probably/hopefully will get them to the FedEx place today and it will get there Monday. I'm patiently/not so patiently waiting to hear when our closing is.

It's just all gone really smooth. So, I'm hoping that it will continue. LOL!!

Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 6/28
Offer accepted: 6/29
Sent to ROFR: 7/10
Passed ROFR: 7/27
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing doc:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Yes, we got a great deal - BLT @ $120pp! I never updated the boards because it took over 6 weeks to pass ROFR and the thread switched from May (when we first submitted) to July (when we passed). There were so many mistakes with the contract that Disney kept flipping it back for correction (owners' names on the account didn't match the contract, the points were incorrectly stated twice - I ended up losing some current UY points but it's still a great deal.)
Ok, I remember reading about your saga. I must have gotten you mixed up with someone else who was going through similar shenanigans with their seller or contract, because I thought there was someone who had similar issues whose deal fell through and they were rethinking which resort they wanted again.

So was $120pp worth the hassle? My recent add-on was somewhat of a hassle too, but in the end I am happy with the effective price I got, and the only question I have in the back of my mind was maybe I should have gotten a larger contract...

I do have points expiring 11/30, but no trips planned. Unfortunately DH is putting the foot down since we just came back from WDW in April. My plan right now is to bank them with RCI since it'll probably be too late to rent them by the time I gain access to my account.
Well, you're past your banking window, but I think you would still have plenty of time to rent them. I got points in my account last week, and got a renter on board in about 24 hours who rented all my points and then some. The points expire 7/31, they are at WDW right now enjoying their 2br refurbished OKW! So a win for all. November 30 is still a lot of time - you should definitely have access to your account in the next 2 weeks. I wouldn't give up yet.

Ok, I remember reading about your saga. I must have gotten you mixed up with someone else who was going through similar shenanigans with their seller or contract, because I thought there was someone who had similar issues whose deal fell through and they were rethinking which resort they wanted again.

That's probably me too. I had 2 contracts going at the same time: BLT and AKV. Both had various issues going on, but my BLT made it to closing. The AKV is being cancelled. Sellers never returned closing docs, and stopped all communication 5 weeks after closing docs were sent. It'll be 8 weeks next week, and the contract is expiring. Title company will be returning our full amount, but we're probably going to wait before buying again. 1) The process is mentally draining. 2) We're reevaluating if we still want AKV because that one is for the kids and they might "grow out of it." So we're thinking BWV because we love Epcot.

So was $120pp worth the hassle?

The 6 weeks in ROFR was harrowing, but the smooth sailing afterwards made the total time spent just under 3 months. So yes, I would say in this case, it's worth the money saved.

For my AKV, we submitted 2 weeks before BLT, and ended up wasting 4 months for no points in the end. But of course there's no way of knowing beforehand that it wouldn't close.

Well, you're past your banking window, but I think you would still have plenty of time to rent them. I got points in my account last week, and got a renter on board in about 24 hours who rented all my points and then some. The points expire 7/31, they are at WDW right now enjoying their 2br refurbished OKW! So a win for all. November 30 is still a lot of time - you should definitely have access to your account in the next 2 weeks. I wouldn't give up yet.

I remember asking you about renting. This is my 1st contract and 1st time renting so I think I would feel more comfortable going through a broker (and not deal with arranging payments, contracts, and the risk of damages to the room). Once I have access to my points, I'll call and ask if they'll be able to rent it. If not, I'll give them to RCI. It's not that many points.

My agent isn't the best. Takes her forever to get back to me and I can never reach her on the phone. It's kind of annoying honestly. Everything with the broker has been easy, but communication with the closing agent has been just ugh....

Is anyone struggling with the seller getting their paperwork notarized? Got my closing docs on 7/9 and sent mine back a few days later. I've been in contact with the title co and the company selling the contract and was told that the seller was having trouble finding a notary with witnesses available? Not sure if this is something new but getting a little annoyed at this point. Contract was supposed to close 2 weeks after E-Estoppel was complete. First he was traveling and now the notary thing? They say he still wants to sell but his actions don't match his words. Argh.

Another step closer

Home: BRV
Offer made: 6/25
Offer accepted: 6/25
Sent to ROFR: 7/2
Passed ROFR: 7/18
Closing docs received: 7/30
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing doc:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Is anyone struggling with the seller getting their paperwork notarized? Got my closing docs on 7/9 and sent mine back a few days later. I've been in contact with the title co and the company selling the contract and was told that the seller was having trouble finding a notary with witnesses available? Not sure if this is something new but getting a little annoyed at this point. Contract was supposed to close 2 weeks after E-Estoppel was complete. First he was traveling and now the notary thing? They say he still wants to sell but his actions don't match his words. Argh.

I am struggling to get the seller to return paperwork at all...or even act like they are going too. They have had it a week today. Best information I can get is that they are a couple going through a divorce and that they are "reaching out to their lawyer to get an update." If you have changed your mind and don't want to sell just tell us! It is frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter