Passed ROFR: 7/6/2018
Closing docs received: 7/20/2018
Closing docs returned: 7/20/2018
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Moving my timeline to this thread.

My husband is getting excited now and that isn’t something he normally does lol.

Wow - you closed after I did and got your points before I did! congratulations! Which home resort? Admittedly, the points in mine were a little messed up, between current year, next year, and borrowed points kind of all over the place.

Rented privately - my first time. I don't know how often we will do it again, because it takes a lot of trust on both sides.
Congratulations on being able to get your points rented so quickly! :hourglassMy home is SSR, I was surprised after the ROFR wait (27 days) everything else went pretty quickly. I was getting impatient waiting for my welcome letter from Disney so I finally gave in and called them! To my surprise they were more than willing to help me out. They told me my account was switched to me on July 16th. My points were already posted and all I had to do was create my account with DVC.

Home: SSR
Title Company: ***
Offer Made: 6/12/2018
Offer Accepted: 6/12/2018
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/201
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Moving my timeline to this thread.

My husband is getting excited now and that isn’t something he normally does lol.
Title company has my docs and $$. I hope the seller is motivated to get his funds. I am ready to move on to the next step. Come on seller sign those docs and send them back.

Updating

Seller returned closing docs: 7/24/2018
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

As soon as I know we closed I will be stalking the website with the deed recordings lol.

Home: BWV
Title Company: First American
Offer Made: 5/21/18
Offer Accepted: 5/21/18
Sent to ROFR: 5/21/18
Passed ROFR: 6/06/18
Closing docs received: 6/19/18
Closing docs returned: 6/26/18
Seller returned closing docs: 7/24/18
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

*Good news we are at Disney until Sunday. Bad news we can't send our closing docs until we get back home.

Finally on the move again. Hoping the closing and deed recording go a bit faster.

Updating

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

As soon as I know we closed I will be stalking the website with the deed recordings lol.

Closed!! Just got the message!!

Home: BLT
Sent to ROFR: 6/18/2018
Closing docs returned: 7/24/2018
Closing: 7/25/2018
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Last edited:

Title Company: Mason Title
Offer Made: 6/28/2018
Offer Accepted: 6/28/2018
Sent to ROFR: 7/1/2018
Passed ROFR: 7/18/2018
Closing docs received: 7/23/2018
Closing docs returned: 7/23/2018
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

No returned closing documents. Apparently they are going through a divorce and are waiting to hear back from the lawyer. This has moved super fast up until this point. Fingers crossed no problems now. Now they have my money and I have no points! That is most definitely the worst part!

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

No returned closing documents. Apparently they are going through a divorce and are waiting to hear back from the lawyer. This has moved super fast up until this point. Fingers crossed no problems now. Now they have my money and I have no points! That is most definitely the worst part!

Sorry this happened to you, after our first resale contract, we started asking if the seller was in the middle of any legal issues. Hopefully both sellers are level headed and just sign the contract and documents.

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Sorry to hear, hopefully you have resolution soon. We've learned to never send our money until after sellers returned their docs. Our 1st contract, sellers stopped all communication 5 weeks after closing docs were issued. Now 7 weeks after I've sent my money, the contract is expiring and title company said they will return my money in another 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear, hopefully you have resolution soon. We've learned to never send our money until after sellers returned their docs. Our 1st contract, sellers stopped all communication 5 weeks after closing docs were issued. Now 7 weeks after I've sent my money, the contract is expiring and title company said they will return my money in another 2 weeks.

I am sorry for you! Hopefully it will just work out...I haven't waited hardly any time to start to worry or anything. But yes my inclination was to just wait and send money later this week but one of those things where I just wanted to get it settled and do it while I had a chance. I thought about posting when the best advice is to send the money but didn't. Oh well.

Sorry to hear the seller didn't come around and the problem is ongoing! My first two contracts, Seller had to pay out the loan to close. One of the sellers supplied funds after a short delay. Was hoping yours was the same situation and it would resolve itself.

Sorry to hear the seller didn't come around and the problem is ongoing! My first two contracts, Seller had to pay out the loan to close. One of the sellers supplied funds after a short delay. Was hoping yours was the same situation and it would resolve itself.

Yes, it's back to the drawing board for us after we get our money back. Can't wait to hear your VGF lowball story! Thinking we'll take a little break to recharge and reevaluate which home resort we want. This whole process is so mentally draining.

Yes, it's back to the drawing board for us after we get our money back. Can't wait to hear your VGF lowball story! Thinking we'll take a little break to recharge and reevaluate which home resort we want. This whole process is so mentally draining.

Exactly how I felt after having issues with both my contracts. Was fed up enough to consider buying direct despite my inate cheapness!

Did your BLT pass rofr? That one was a great deal.

I get to post here now after 4 attempts in the ROFR thread :)

Home: AKV
Offer Made: 6/22/2018
Offer Accepted: 6/22/2018
Sent to ROFR: 6/25/2018
Passed ROFR: 7/13/2018
Closing:7/25/2018
Deed recorded: waiting
Points in my account: waiting

So exciting :yay:

Home: BWV
Title Company: First American
Offer Made: 5/21/18
Offer Accepted: 5/21/18
Sent to ROFR: 5/21/18
Passed ROFR: 6/06/18
Closing docs received: 6/19/18
Closing docs returned: 6/26/18
Seller returned closing docs: 7/24/18
Closing: 7/25/18
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

*Good news we are at Disney until Sunday. Bad news we can't send our closing docs until we get back home.

Woo! Our contract closed today! Now to search for our deed every 5 minutes.

Woo! Our contract closed today! Now to search for our deed every 5 minutes.
This would be me if I had the time to check that often lol.
We closed yesterday and today the site says Doc Deed Tax. I don’t think we are there but may be getting close.

Well checking every 5 minutes worked! LOL. Looks like our deed was recorded.
Congrats-mine still has “Doc deed tax”. I am really clueless when it comes to real estate so I don’t know what it is supposed to say. I can wait another day or two but it would be nice to have it soon so I can get on the wait list for points. My guide told me to call when the deed is recorded.

Sent to ROFR: 6/18/2018
Closing: 7/25/2018
Deed recorded: 7/26/2018
Points in my account:

Updated with closing and deed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter