Claire & Chris-getting hitched Disney style 5th Oct 2011.I'm a Mrs!!

Oh I LOVE your bouquet!I don't know how I missed it. I haven't even started mine. I've got most of the brooches, just waiting on 3 from China. I've bought most of them from Ebay, a few turned out to be rubbish but on the whole I've been pretty lucky. I'm thinking of turning one particular beauty into a hair clip.

Did you make yours with a hydrangea head as the base? I can't decide if I will use green orchids, hydrangeas or shape a frame with wire mesh.

I got the bulk of mine from China as well haha, you can't beat .99 a brooch with free shipping :rotfl: I used purple hydrangeas as the base for mine, the directions that I used said to use green, but I was afraid they would show through and I figured if they show through the brooches I wanted it to match my wedding colors and sure enough as I was making it they showed through so I am glad I ended up doing the purple ones. The green hydrangeas do give the illusion of stems underneath so I think you could go either way :thumbsup2 I think orchids would look really nice as well. With the hydrangeas though you might have more of a filling in effect, but I really think either way it would work out well for you. I have heard of people using the wire mesh and that works really well too, it really is up to what you feel would be the best for you, I can't wait to see yours as it comes along.

I'm going to get Chris to drive me to hobbycraft this weekend so I can get all the bits to finish the bouquet. I had me first leg physio yesterday and annoyingly I can't drive for a few more weeks :headache:. I'm going back to work tomorrow thank goodness but work will pay for taxis for me to get in - they've missed me that much :rotfl:

Just a couple of little updates today. First off, I felt inspired to do something after seeing Bickimooks lovely brooch bouquet, so I dug out a bag af amber bits that I bought weeks ago and some plain brooch backs and rouhly glued the bits of amber on. I only bought the amber to have a play with (it was really cheap on good ol' ebay!) and I'm quite pleased with the results.

DSCF2889.jpg

I've got enough amber left to make about another 30 brooches and I think they'll add a real spark of colour into the bouquet.

Also this came in the post today:

DSCF2893.jpg

I ordered one for Chris' Mum too. They were free from Vista print! I got a voucher email from them as I'd ordered the invites for the party from them, all I had to pay was the postage which was about $4. I think they're great!

Just a couple of little updates today. First off, I felt inspired to do something after seeing Bickimooks lovely brooch bouquet, so I dug out a bag af amber bits that I bought weeks ago and some plain brooch backs and rouhly glued the bits of amber on. I only bought the amber to have a play with (it was really cheap on good ol' ebay!) and I'm quite pleased with the results.

DSCF2889.jpg

I've got enough amber left to make about another 30 brooches and I think they'll add a real spark of colour into the bouquet.

Also this came in the post today:

DSCF2893.jpg

I ordered one for Chris' Mum too. They were free from Vista print! I got a voucher email from them as I'd ordered the invites for the party from them, all I had to pay was the postage which was about $4. I think they're great!

I love this idea girl! That will add a special touch to the bouquet, very creative. Loving those bags as well, the mom's will love those! Such a great deal :)

Lovely brooches :goodvibes Amber is a lovely stone... especially as its orange :upsidedow

The bags are also such a good idea, and for $4... bargain :woohoo:

Hope all is going well, hows your leg? Looking forward to seeing your final bouquet, its going to look amazing and be so special :lovestruc

Ive just finished reading your pj finally - i started it and 1/2 hours ago! I've really enjoyed all yoru plans.

I cant wait to see this brooch boquet, especially after the pictures you have posted.

I LOVE your dress and can't wait to see it. I may even go on her website to see if she does that style in black for my bridesmaids. I cant wait to see what it looks like with the orange net. Its actually got me thinking that my two adult bridesmaids could wear the same???

I dont think you can get better than a mad hatter cake - but i'm biased because thats what were having! I have orange and black (aswell as white, pink, yellow) as my colours so I may even steal some of your tier styles when its done! he he

I really need to get myself to hobby craft to start invites too:confused:

I cant wait to see your

I love this idea girl! That will add a special touch to the bouquet, very creative. Loving those bags as well, the mom's will love those! Such a great deal :)

Thank you. I couldn't believe how easy they were to make. You inspired me to get on with it!

Lovely brooches :goodvibes Amber is a lovely stone... especially as its orange :upsidedow

The bags are also such a good idea, and for $4... bargain :woohoo:

Hope all is going well, hows your leg? Looking forward to seeing your final bouquet, its going to look amazing and be so special :lovestruc

I'm desperate to get the bouquet made now! Chris has agreed to drive me to our nearest hobbycraft on saturday so I can get all the bits and bobs. It's 40 minutes to the nearest one so it's not a case of just popping own the road. Living in a seaside town is ok but I really want to get back to a city. Hopefully I can persuade him to move in a few years :headache:

My leg's not too bad thank you. First day back at work today and it was lovely to be back in the real world. I can't drive yet but at least I can get out and start walking a bit more :goodvibes

Ive just finished reading your pj finally - i started it and 1/2 hours ago! I've really enjoyed all yoru plans.

I cant wait to see this brooch boquet, especially after the pictures you have posted.

I LOVE your dress and can't wait to see it. I may even go on her website to see if she does that style in black for my bridesmaids. I cant wait to see what it looks like with the orange net. Its actually got me thinking that my two adult bridesmaids could wear the same???

I dont think you can get better than a mad hatter cake - but i'm biased because thats what were having! I have orange and black (aswell as white, pink, yellow) as my colours so I may even steal some of your tier styles when its done! he he

I really need to get myself to hobby craft to start invites too:confused:

I cant wait to see your

Ooh yes do go and have a look at her dresses. I was really spoilt for choice as her designs are all so beautiful. I can't wait to get the dress and petticoat together so I can FINALLY try everything on!

Your cake sounds amazing! I can't wait to see pictures of all those wonderful colours together. We are both pretty excited about the cake, especially as we are having a custom made topper of us and the 4 cats with pumpkins! It's quite expensive but it being made from clay so we can keep it afterwards. I'm thinking of making a shadowbox with it in along with some other wedding trinkets.

Ooh yes do go and have a look at her dresses. I was really spoilt for choice as her designs are all so beautiful. I can't wait to get the dress and petticoat together so I can FINALLY try everything on!

Your cake sounds amazing! I can't wait to see pictures of all those wonderful colours together. We are both pretty excited about the cake, especially as we are having a custom made topper of us and the 4 cats with pumpkins! It's quite expensive but it being made from clay so we can keep it afterwards. I'm thinking of making a shadowbox with it in along with some other wedding trinkets.

Ohhhhh, can you give me details of whos making your custome wedding topper. I think its worth the money to do something like that if you wanta keepsake and i've always fancied getting myself, Neil and our two dogs for the topper:thumbsup2

Here you go Tracey :goodvibes

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sophiasworkshop

You've got to have a look at her website. I fell in love with her cake toppers and she is very friendly and quick to respond. We've ordered a cartoony style topper as we wanted extra details like the cats etc. The munchkins are really cute too but will have less detail.

Hope you like them.

Hi Claire! How's everything going? Is your leg any better? :goodvibes x

Hi Natalie, thank you for asking :goodvibes. Starting to feel a little better. Going into work is good as I'm getting the ol' brain back in gear. I've noticed the foot swells up to about 4 times its normal size in the evening :scared1: but if I balance it up on a few cushions higher than my hip then it starts to go down. Chris is now calling me bigfoot :laughing:

Hope you've managed to sort out the extra guests problem, it must be so awkward.

Hi Natalie, thank you for asking :goodvibes. Starting to feel a little better. Going into work is good as I'm getting the ol' brain back in gear. I've noticed the foot swells up to about 4 times its normal size in the evening :scared1: but if I balance it up on a few cushions higher than my hip then it starts to go down. Chris is now calling me bigfoot :laughing:

Hope you've managed to sort out the extra guests problem, it must be so awkward.

Hi Claire, glad you are starting to feel a bit better! Think it sounds like a good idea to keep your foot elevated!

The extra guest situation isn't getting any better unfortunately, so much so that I think we're just gonna have to suck it up and have them at the wedding if we want to avoid any bad feeling on the day (I was informed the other day that one of them has already bought her outfit :rolleyes1). I think it's the fact that they just assumed that they could come that has upset me the most. I just wish they could have had the courtesy to atleast ask us. But there you go, wouldn't be a wedding without a bit of a drama would it? Thanks for asking Claire :goodvibes

Hi Allie, sorry I've not been on for a while, not had too much to report really so didn't want to bore anyone with useless ramblings!

My dress arrived in the post yesterday. Had to pay £112 customs charges on it :eek:. I was too scared to try it on at first as I thought it was gonna be too small...but WINNER, it fits!!!!! Actually the top is too saggy so I'm going to wait until August and then get it altered. I won't post any pics incase Chris has a nosy but it is lovely. I haven't got the petticoat yet but I can see it will look fab. I was so worried about buying a dress from Etsy but the risk has paid off.

We are both in festival mode at the moment as we are going to Glastonbury Festival in just over a week. Camping in a field for 5 nights watching some great bands and hopefully avoiding the rain! So we are thinking more about that at the moment. I am worried about my ankle as it's still not healed completely and I've got a fair amount of hiking to do so I'm wearing walking boots everywhere at the moment to get used to them - work think I've gone nuts! Hopefully all the festival antics will help me lose a few more pounds as well as I never tend to eat much when I'm there (toilets are a difficult issue!) plus all the walking will keep me fit.

Oh yes I forgot, I organised my hen party. A small group of us are going to the races for the day! We are all going to dress like ladies and drink champagne while having a flutter on the horses! I wasn't going to bother with a hen party but the girls at work forced my hand. Anyway there is a band on after the races (McFly for you British ladies) so I'm sure we will have a ball.

That's all for now folks :)

Hi Allie, sorry I've not been on for a while, not had too much to report really so didn't want to bore anyone with useless ramblings!

My dress arrived in the post yesterday. Had to pay £112 customs charges on it :eek:. I was too scared to try it on at first as I thought it was gonna be too small...but WINNER, it fits!!!!! Actually the top is too saggy so I'm going to wait until August and then get it altered. I won't post any pics incase Chris has a nosy but it is lovely. I haven't got the petticoat yet but I can see it will look fab. I was so worried about buying a dress from Etsy but the risk has paid off.

We are both in festival mode at the moment as we are going to Glastonbury Festival in just over a week. Camping in a field for 5 nights watching some great bands and hopefully avoiding the rain! So we are thinking more about that at the moment. I am worried about my ankle as it's still not healed completely and I've got a fair amount of hiking to do so I'm wearing walking boots everywhere at the moment to get used to them - work think I've gone nuts! Hopefully all the festival antics will help me lose a few more pounds as well as I never tend to eat much when I'm there (toilets are a difficult issue!) plus all the walking will keep me fit.

Oh yes I forgot, I organised my hen party. A small group of us are going to the races for the day! We are all going to dress like ladies and drink champagne while having a flutter on the horses! I wasn't going to bother with a hen party but the girls at work forced my hand. Anyway there is a band on after the races (McFly for you British ladies) so I'm sure we will have a ball.

That's all for now folks :)

Hi Claire, I too was wonderering where you were.... hope you're well :goodvibes

Custom charges - aren't they just super, lol I forgot about that when I had a package shipped from disney last year. I had it shipped to my parents address because we didn't think we'd be back in time to recieve it at ours. My mum was not impressed :laughing:

I'd love to go to glastonbury, hope you have a great time. What bands are you hoping to see?

Your hen party sounds good, you'll have to take lots of piccies - I've never been to the races and McFly on your hen party = added bonus.

Yeah I knew there would be custom charges but no so steep! I was really shocked when I got the Parcelforce letter. Still, I did save a fortune on the dress I wanted as opposed to buying a similar design in the UK.

We are really looking forward to Glastonbury. This will be my 4th time and Chris' 3rd. It always lands on my birthday weekend too so I'll be celebrating with a can of Magners cider and a dance in the mud! I'm really hoping the rain stays away this year. We are hoping to see Coldplay, Beyonce, Tinchy Stryder, Jessie J and Elbow. There are so bands on that we tend to wander around and try and catch things we would never normally pay to see. I'll post some pics when we get back. If you ever get chance to go you should, it's an amazing experience.

I've never been horse racing either so I'm looking forward to the day. I'm thinking of buying a tea dress from Vivienne of Holloway and a nice hat!

I'm glad your dress fit ok, even if it does need some alterations I bet it has saved you a bit...with the customs fees :eek:
I'm so jealous that you are going to Glastonbury again!! I don't have any friends that would like to sit in the mud for days and suffer the toilet situation... I need to find new friends for next year :rotfl: or start hinting to my friends about it... after a year of pestering they might say yes ;)
You will love the races, I went a few years ago now but had a fab time, the atmosphere is great :thumbsup2 And McFly...:lovestruc
Hope you have lots of fun, and I hope for some sun for your Glastonbury trip :wizard:

I'm glad your dress fit ok, even if it does need some alterations I bet it has saved you a bit...with the customs fees :eek:
I'm so jealous that you are going to Glastonbury again!! I don't have any friends that would like to sit in the mud for days and suffer the toilet situation... I need to find new friends for next year :rotfl: or start hinting to my friends about it... after a year of pestering they might say yes ;)
You will love the races, I went a few years ago now but had a fab time, the atmosphere is great :thumbsup2 And McFly...:lovestruc
Hope you have lots of fun, and I hope for some sun for your Glastonbury trip :wizard:

Hi taylor, you definitely need to persuade your friends. The toilets aren't great but the possitives of the event far outway the negatives. Even with the rain and mud I still have a great time. Praying for sun this year :rolleyes1

Can't wait to see McFly! It was my bosses idea as she is totally in love with Tom :rotfl:

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while on my PJ but I haven't really has anything to add.

This week we have started steaming ahead with things and I have some pics of an almost finished brooch bouquet to show you. It's sat in a flowerpot at the moment until I finish the handle but I hope you can get an idea of how it will look.

037.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

I've taken pics from several different angles so you can see the full effect. I used about 30 brooches altogether and I made it on top of a base of green and orange orchids. So far it's taken me about 5 hours but I thinks it's been worth all the hard work.

Let me know what you think please as I do value your opinions (that's if anyone is still with me - I am ashamed at my lengthy absence!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter