Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

Got all registered. I'm normally around 20-30/week so not real high mileage but will do all I can to help the team and will be good motivation to maybe push a little more and add and extra mile on that day or since hiking counts too go hike around Stone Mountain or kennesaw mountain (haven't been to either in a while).

I am trying to finish 1000 mi to get the medal. After 120 mi last week, I have 90 left before Aug-31 to reach that goal. Glad to be a part of the team and after a brief rest the first week of August, I will get started again.
Wow, those are some serious miles!! Hang in there. However, all the miles must be making you delirious (I assume “first week of August” = “first week of September”) 😜

The Travel Guides are awesome. It's a real value add to the race. I enjoyed the short but informative descriptions of the history, culture and terrains of the countries we will be virtually running through. I love that he talks about immigration at each border and how it works and what to avoid. It really immerses you in the spirit of the adventure. I'm looking forward to starting to log miles next week!

Hey, just noticing when I go to the submit virtual results link, it says that for CRAW it will accept results starting from Thursday, Aug. 27. I thought it wasn't supposed to start until Sep. 1. Can we get an early start?

The Travel Guides are awesome. It's a real value add to the race. I enjoyed the short but informative descriptions of the history, culture and terrains of the countries we will be virtually running through. I love that he talks about immigration at each border and how it works and what to avoid. It really immerses you in the spirit of the adventure. I'm looking forward to starting to log miles next week!
Oh, I didn't realize they posted more countries: they now have Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras as well.

For everyone, the Travel Guide can be found here: Travel Guide

Hey, just noticing when I go to the submit virtual results link, it says that for CRAW it will accept results starting from Thursday, Aug. 27. I thought it wasn't supposed to start until Sep. 1. Can we get an early start?
Interesting! The RunSignUp website seems to imply that we each enter daily mileage, but this is odd as the CRAW website states "The entries will be teams, who submit their team mileage weekly." However, it seems that others have already posted, so I just uploaded my morning run, and we'll see how it goes.

Interesting! The RunSignUp website seems to imply that we each enter daily mileage, but this is odd as the CRAW website states "The entries will be teams, who submit their team mileage weekly." However, it seems that others have already posted, so I just uploaded my morning run, and we'll see how it goes.
They seem to be updating the Facebook page more often than their website. There was an announcement made on August 12 that if run teams are going for the gold buckle (12 months) or silver (16 months) that the “clock starts the first day your team logs miles...And this is the same day that time starts ticking.”

They seem to be updating the Facebook page more often than their website. There was an announcement made on August 12 that if run teams are going for the gold buckle (12 months) or silver (16 months) that the “clock starts the first day your team logs miles...And this is the same day that time starts ticking.”
Hmmm... well, maybe I shouldn't have submitted today's run. It appears we can delete activities as well, so I can remove it if everyone wants to wait until September 1st (or I guess any other date we decide) to start.

I just got to say, as an ultrarunning geek I am so excited about this race! For years I have followed the Barkley Marathons and Big’s Backyard Ultra; Laz is such a unique race director! I know I will never toe the line at those races, but I am part of this one! I am so grateful! Excited to start clicking off the miles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter