Cindy's journal

I was going to try flex points but I'm not sure if I like it. I'm used to the "old" way and it works for me so I don't know if I'm going to switch. I like the old way of earning activity points and banking points. I feel like the new 35 points gives me too much room to eat more. I'll try flexpoints until Wednesday which is weigh day then switch back if I don't feel like it's for me. If the 123 plan worked for me, why change it?

I didn't really follow points Sat-Mon and I didn't exercise at all :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:. I bought the 4 mile WATP yesterday. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and I decided to try the 4 mile walk. I wasn't crazy about the music but I did it. I think I like the 3 mile better but I'll stick with the 4 mile to get a little more exercise and for a change. I have planned out my meals for the day so as long as I stick with it I'll be all set with points for the day.

Focus Cindy. The exercise is def going to help. Wow 4 miles, impressive. I'm up to the 2, and need to buy the 3. Glad to hear you have planned your meals, I find this makes life so much easier. Hopefully no curve balls will come at ya this week:p Keep it up to go down!

Originally posted by Auntmeme
Focus Cindy. The exercise is def going to help. Wow 4 miles, impressive. I'm up to the 2, and need to buy the 3. Glad to hear you have planned your meals, I find this makes life so much easier. Hopefully no curve balls will come at ya this week:p Keep it up to go down!

Thank you! I enjoyed the 4 mile b/c I know I got a pretty good work out but I really didn't like the music and the walkers were a little "too" into it for me but I will definitely do the 4 mile again.

Well,
I wasn't looking forward to today at all because it's weigh day and I didn't exercise a lot this past week and I wasn't strict with points for the second part of the week at all. But, I got on the scale and saw that despite my slacking, I lost .80 lbs. I stepped on and off the scale several times to make sure it wasn't a mistake. No, it's not a lot, but it's something, especially since I was expecting to see a gain due to my slacking. I was up again early today (5am) so I did the 3 mile WATP, I didn't really want to do the 4 mile. I am on track today for points and plan to stay on track from here on in. So far, I've lost 15.6 lbs and I think I have to lose an additional 5.9 to have reached the goal of losing my first 10%.

I didn't exercise today because my calves were really tight and sore. I dipped into flexpoints but at least they are there to use. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just finished the 4 mile WATP. My thigh muscles were burning but I'm glad I did it. Hoping to do well with points today and plan on doing the 4 mile again tomorrow.

Did the 3 mile WATP and went over target points by 1 but that was covered by activity points :D.

I just finished the 3 mile WATP. Today's going to be a challenge because we are going to a Patriots opening season game party/cookout. Good news is that a bud light is one point lower than a pepsi ;). I was in charge of chips and dips. I bought those and also tortillas and salsa (salsa 0 points). I don't know how good I'll be at not picking but we'll see.

You're doing so well! You have done what you could to plan for healthy choices at the tailgate party. Even if you go over a little, I bet you'll make better choices than you would have in your "former" life. Weigh-in is coming up for you and I'm hoping all your exercise and good food choices will result in a happy surprise!!!

Thank you DoeWDW! I figure if I stick with the grilled chicken and munch on a couple of tortillas and salsa I'll do okay, but we'll see! I made sure I already did my 3 mile walk to earn those extra activity points just in case ;).

I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I didn't exercise. Today I did the 3 mile WATP and I'm doing well with points, I don't plan on anything elaborate for dinner so I should stay on target. Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm not sure how I did this past week, I can't wait to see.

Today is weigh day and I stayed exactly the same, no losses but no gains either. Last week I lost a very small amount and this week none so if I don't get my act together next week could be a gain :eek:. I didn't exercise today, I haven't been feeling well. I have an appointment tomorrow for migraines so hopefully they will go away so I can get back to my routine.

Cindy, hang in there. That scale WILL move!! You're making good food choices and that will pay off. I hope your migraines get better - they make it almost impossible to exercise! Take good care of yourself and the weight will come off!

You're doing a fantastic job! Boy the 4 mile WATP, I bet your legs will be so toned. And don't worry about the scale like Doreen said it will go down. Hope your migraine problem was resolved. Have a great week:D

Thank you so much everyone! I didn't exercise Wed or Thurs but I did the 3 mile today and I felt a tad more tired than usual, I guess from not doing it for 2 days? Points haven't been great, I haven't made a big effort this week but I will from here on in because I fell horrible for not staying on track and I don't want to gain anything back! Thank you again, you guys are great!

I am back on track today and doing the 3 mile WATP. I have decided that I definitely do not like the new flexpoints program so I'm going to stay with the original plan of point range and banking. It worked for me so why mess with it? I feel like I was eating more flex points and stressing over staying at the target points with the new plan which is why I haven't done well that past couple of weeks. Hopefully going back on the "old plan" will work for me again and won't be as stressful.

I didn't feel like doing the 3 mile today and was just going to blow it off but I decided to compromise and do the 2 mile and I'm glad I did. Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm not looking forward to it because I didn't have a good points week at all, I got really lazy and caved in to snack cravings. I'll just have to wait and see what the scale says which will be my wake up call to get back on track!

Cindy, hang in there. You're bound to have some weeks that are not as good as others - that's just reality. I hope your weigh-in goes well. Each day is a new beginning - a chance to be good to yourself by eating healthy food and exercising. We're here with you, cheering you on!!

Make good choices!! :D

Well I woke up and weighed myself. I couldn't belive the scale so I weighed myself 6 times in 3 different areas of the house, waited 10 minutes and did it again because the scale said I lost 1.2 lbs (I don't know how) and I wasn't expecting a loss at all! This brings my total loss to 16.8 lbs and I'm 4.7 away from losing my first 10%.

I did the 3 mile WATP this morning and I got a case of the munchies so I'm snacking on cucumber w/ some vinegar (0 points). I have my meals planned out for the rest of the day and if I stick with it I will have had a great points day. I feel really motivated to stay on track right now and I also want to say a big thank you to DoeWDW for taking the time to post kind and encouraging words! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter