Cindy's journal

cinmell

DIS Veteran
Thurs 7/17After debating whether or not I wanted to post a journal I decided it will probably be good for me to do so. I've been away from the WISH board for a while but I've returned for the following reasons: I'm tired of not being happy with the way I look, I want to be healthier, I hate dressing up b/c I don't like the way I look and I dread the sizes I will have to try on, I want to lose weight before I think of having another baby and because I have 3 weddings over the next year, one of them I'm in which is my brother's wedding in October!

Yesterday, Wednesday July 16 I restarted the Walk Away the Pounds tapes and I'm strictly doing the WW points again. Yesterday I did a mile walk and I had 4.5 ww points to bank and I didn't feel deprived or hungry.

So far today I've done the 2 mile walk and 60 sit ups, the points are going well too.

I went over daily point range by 4 points but I had 5.5 points banked from previous 2 days so it didn't really matter! I did the 2 mile walk and 50 sit ups.

Today was okay. No walk today but did well with points. We went to a cookout and I passed on the macaroni salad and loading up on nachos and cheese dip so I have noticed a change in my eating patterns and awareness since restarting WW points.

I did the 2 mile walk today and did really well with points with 2 to bank.

I only did the one mile walk today and 50 sit ups. So far so good with points and I should end up banking some points if I stick to what I have planned for lunch and dinner.

I started back at WISH, exercise and WW last Wed so today is my weigh in day and I lost 4 pounds! I've really become aware of what I eat and have limited certain foods that I love but with WW I can still have them in moderation. I treat certain things as snacks such as pepsi.

It's amazing what a difference a little exercise and cutting out or even just cutting down on certain foods like breads, butter and pepsi can make. I had a good week, there was only one day I just wanted to snack all day and give up but I didn't. Hopefully this coming week will be good too.

This is my 3rd time starting the WW program. The first time I stopped b/c I was pregnant and obviously couldn't do the program and the 2nd time I stopped b/c I got lazy. Each of the times I had 4-5 pounds loss the first week so I know that this 4 pound loss in a week is not typical. I know from here on in will be 1-3 pound losses (hopefully) and I know not to expect 5 pounds gone each week.

The points have been going well. I haven't exercised in a couple of days but I finally got back on track with exercise today. I did the 1 mile walk and fifty sit ups.

It's still going well with points but slacking a little on the exercise. I've been able to bank points almost every day without trying to. I've really been paying attention to portion sizes and realize that I am full or satisifed with smaller sizes than I thought. I brought my points finder food shopping with me yesterday which really opened my eyes about some of the food I used to buy or eat a lot of. I've found substitutes for snacks and drinks that are very satisfying and light on the points.

I didn't exercise Saturday or Sunday and I did ok with the points. Today I did the 2 mile walk. I really didn't want to but I'm glad I did. I realized today that I wasn't giving myself credit for earned points for exercise for the past 2 weeks so I started doing that today. I don't plan on using the points but it's good to know they are there if I have a bad points day.

I'm doing well with my points today and I've found that I'd rather have low point breakfasts and lunches in order to have a better dinner which seems to be working for me.

Things are still going pretty good. I 2 points banked yesterday not including the earned exercise points (2). Today I went walking for 50 minutes and I'm doing really well with points. Tomorrow is weigh day so I try to stay close to the low range of my points the day before weigh day. Hopefully it will go well.

Today is weigh day and I lost 4 lbs. since last week which brings my total loss since 7/16 to 8 lbs! I was so surprised today. I'm now at the point where I feel like I can really do this and I like it. I also am at the point where if I don't know the exact points of a food, I won't have it (except on my cheat night I allow myself once a week). On cheat night day I am really careful with points throughout the day and the day before but that night, I eat what I want and don't count and it doesn't seem to effect me much at all and I don't feel deprived.

I was able to go walking yesterday around the beach for 50 minutes and plan on doing the same today.

Today has been a good day. Went walking for 90 minutes. It was beautifuly along the beach, nice breeze, not too hot. If I stay on schedule for the rest of the night I will have done well with points and I earned activity points as well.

I did a lot of walking yesterday so my calves and shins are a little sore. I think I'll take today off, especially since it's raining. Also, I earned 5 activity points yesterday but didn't use them. I used 1.5 points less than the maximum for my range. I have to go back and read thru WW material because I think you are supposed to use what you earn so your metabolism will work correctly.

I'm going to buy a new scale to day because I have so much trouble trying to read those little lines and the dial moves when I lean to read it. I'm going to get a digital scale, I just hope it's not one that talks!

Well I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a scale, yoga kit and pilates for dummies. Points are going well today and tomorrow is my cheat night so I'm going to be careful today.
:D

I didn't exercise today. I did well with points for breakfast and lunch and had a cheat night at the outback for dinner. I notice I wasn't able to eat as much as I usually do when I go there. I didn't get the steak and baked potato like I normally do, I got the pasta and I don't even think I was able to finish 1/2 of it.

I got back on track with exercise today. I did the 2 mile WATP dvd and 50 sit ups. I did well with points for lunch and breakfast but I don't know what to have for dinner. I'm happy to get back into exercise and I may try the pilates for dummies or yoga tomorrow.

I didn't exercise yesterday and slacked off with points at dinner. Today I did the 3 mile WATP and points are so far so good. Today is weigh day and I lost 2.2 lbs which brings total loss to 10.2 lbs. I was surprised because I wasn't expecting a loss this week b/c I slacked a little and it's not a good week of the month for getting weighed ;) .

I did the 3 mile WATP and I actually enjoyed it more than the 2 mile. I felt like it went by fast and I definitely feel it in my arms. I plan on doing the 3 mile again tomorrow and trying my new yoga tape.

I went a little over on daily points range but it didn't really matter b/c the few extra points were covered by activity points I eaned by doing the WATP. :D

I didn't try the yoga like I had planned but I did do the 3 mile WATP. I have my points planned out so if I stick with them I should do pretty good today.

I didn't exercise yesterday but I did walk around the mall a lot (does that count)? I stayed witin point range. I bought 2 pairs of pants at the Gap yesterday with zip up sides. It's been quite a few years since I've bought pants at the Gap and and quite some time since I bought any pants that weren't elastic waist. So I realized that the WW plan and exercise have been working for me and I can do it so I'm excited and motivated to keep on the plan.

I went walking for 45 minutes today and I considered today a cheat day with points. I did well but I did have a couple of mozzarella sticks :eek: that count for a lot but I'm glad I had them and I'll be back on track tomorrow.

I kind of blew off points yesterday. I didn't go nuts but I had more than I should have. Back on track today and I have the day planned out for points so if I stick with it I'll be ok. I want to do the 3 mile WATP but not sure if I'll make it today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter