Cindy's for Dinner on the Dining Plan, worth it?

Sonno

Disneyologist
Hello all. I have 6:30 dinner ressies on 9/25 for CRT. Our group consists of myself, 2 other adults, and my 5 year old son. None of us have ever eaten inside the castle before. What I'm wondering is... is it really worth it?

It's 2 table dining points for each of us, including my 5 y/o son. For that I could eat at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and then eat at TTS for dinner. We're already doing the HDDMR the night before for my son's 5th b-day, which also costs 2 table dining points a head.

So, other than the "cool factor" of eating inside the castle, is there any real reason why I should do this? I'm seriously considering cancelling our ressie.

Thanks all in advance.

I think 2 TS for this palce is way too much and not worth it. But then again if I had little girls instead of boys, I would go. I know my sons don't want to meet Cinderella or the Fairy Godmother. It would just be a waste of money for us.

I've booked CRT for dinner 12/4 - I also have a DS that will be 6 by then. He told me the princesses are too beautiful and he is very shy so he would rather see the castle at nighttime for dinner. As I understand, the Fairy Godmother will be there and you receive a free $50 lithograph pic of the castle...pretty pricey using 2 TS points but we're going to try it :pixie dust: :pixie dust:

In the past I've only had the CRT breakfast, and we just tried the CRT lunch under the "new" style last week. However, I'm looking at booking CRT for dinner during our Sept. trip, but am wondering if all of the princesses are there, as they are during the other meals?? Anyone know?? :confused3

We went last Dec. when it was 1TS per person for lunch. My family is a group of pretty plain eaters so they really didn't enjoy it that much. My dd17 loved Mary Poppins though and for the atmosphere it was great. I wouldn't use 2TS on though. It is very crowded and a long wait etc.
So, no for my group I would not!

Kelly

Personally this is no signature dining experience IMHO--if you have never been in the Castle for a meal than it may be a must do for you, but in all honesty I'd rather have a good meal. If it is a must do then by all means the DDP makes it a better value than if you paid OOP. The cahracter interaction at Breakfast is not that good as everyone is in a rush. Honestly for us heading over to toontown at rope drop will get you much better princess interaction.

disneyfan551 said:
In the past I've only had the CRT breakfast, and we just tried the CRT lunch under the "new" style last week. However, I'm looking at booking CRT for dinner during our Sept. trip, but am wondering if all of the princesses are there, as they are during the other meals?? Anyone know?? :confused3

Fairy Godmother as mistress of cermonies, maybe the mice (Perla nd Suzy), but no others are guaranteed to be there. Cinderella's Gala Feast (1TS) at 1900 Park Fair will get you Perla, Suzy, Fairy Godmother (in the lobby), Cinderella and the Prince.

I also made ressies for CRT for dinner. I was not sure if I wanted to waist 2 TS's on it either. This will be the first time we have eaten there, that's the only reason I may keep it. Just for the experience not so much for the food. We'll see as it gets closer. I will keep reading this thread for info.

If I cancelled my ressie at CRT, I would have 8 more TS creds to use. This would translate into 3 more TS and 1 more CS restaurants to add to my list (I'd end up replacing a CS with a TS). I don't know if I can eat that much :lmao:

It's really a toss up. I could nix CRT in favor of the Crystal Palace. Nix Pizza Planet in favor of a TS at MGM. Use the left over TS creds for breakfast at TEB in FtW on our last day there (travel day) and use the left over CS creds for sandwiches at the "Earl" in DD for the ride home.

The question is... do I really want to go thru all that trouble? Or just eat at CRT and say I've been there done that?

So long as it is not shorting you a meal--leaving you with no TS meal for one of your days then to be able to cross it off the list is another thing entirely. If you have the means (enough TS credits and are going for the "experience" , not the food then go for it another for the been there done that column.

patsal...Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be cancelling CRT dinner!

disneyfan551 said:
patsal...Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be cancelling CRT dinner!

Yesterday, I found the place on this site where you could read all the reviews on CRT and most of them seemed good. It made me feel better about keeping my ressie. Maybe you should look at it before cancelling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter